Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I don't know if you collect action figures but DC Collectibles has a new line coming out called DC Icons. I would absolutely love it if they could find a spot for a new Midnighter action figure. I'd love to finally get a full Authority line up but I think that is pushing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I wonder what the current status of Apollo is at the moment. It's funny he hasn't really popped up yet. Maybe since the new reboot their relationship didn't work out?

I do love that they have a solid relationship but like all characters it might be interesting for them to have other love interests as well.

Who do you reckon could play him in a movie? It would have to be Daniel Craig wouldn't it.
    He's around his last appearance was in Stormwatch #30 were they restore the New52 team ( which was much better than Starlin's stormwatch team that appeared from 19-29), They dating but not married.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

There's some interesting new info from DC regarding Midnighter, I guess that clarifies the status of his relationship with Apollo (they didn't seem to be in good terms in Grayson last we saw them together).

DiDio and Lee were asked about the motivation behind publishing "Midnighter," a very rare instance of a mainstream publisher releasing a series starring a gay male superhero, and if they were worried about any possible controversy:

DiDio: "Midnighter" really spun off because we were having success with "Grayson," and it seemed the most natural book to spin off that success. This has always been an extraordinarily popular character for us. We were just talking to [Steve Orlando] about it -- what he found most intriguing about the story is a single male character. We've seen Midnighter and Apollo together in relationships, what he wants to is tell the story about a single male character, and ultimately, what is his place in this society? How is he working with others? He's on this journey by himself, and he's making mistakes, and everything that comes along the way. I think that's really exciting. You want to root for him. You want to root for all our characters, and you want to see them go through all the trials and tribulations, because you want to empathize with them, and hope that they win at the end.

It's a gritty story. It's a gritty character. This isn't a book that's going to be shy about what it is or who he is. It's fully embraced.
    I'm actually REALLY interested in Steve Orlando's story, as we barely see a single male character being explored in media without being chastised so it's thrilling to hear about it. I'm surprised DC is going for it, but Midnighter is just about the perfect character to explore this.

Incredible Member

I'm interested, but at the same time, you could read a great massive swathe of the last solo Midnighter run without realising he was married. Mind you, you could read about the same amount without realising he's gay, so... I'm interested, but I'm cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    I'm interested, but at the same time, you could read a great massive swathe of the last solo Midnighter run without realising he was married. Mind you, you could read about the same amount without realising he's gay, so... I'm interested, but I'm cautious.
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Midnighter was basically asexual in his last solo, while Orlando is definitely dealing with him as a gay man in the new series. That's a HUGE difference in approach for DC.

Incredible Member

Yup. I'm just not entirely sure I trust them.

(I'm also sulking a little bit because I love Apollo and want them together even though I also think he's too good for Midnighter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    There's some interesting new info from DC regarding Midnighter, I guess that clarifies the status of his relationship with Apollo (they didn't seem to be in good terms in Grayson last we saw them together).

I'm actually REALLY interested in Steve Orlando's story, as we barely see a single male character being explored in media without being chastised so it's thrilling to hear about it. I'm surprised DC is going for it, but Midnighter is just about the perfect character to explore this.
    Bummer. But then, their origins and relationship were New52-ized into something so completely different (and in my opinion so much less interesting) from their old dynamic anyway that it's quite possible that it's a good thing they're going in a different direction here.

Astonishing Member

Really hoping that, for all this focus on relationship talk, what we get is primarily a sci-fi action book in the vein of Grayson.

Basically, I want double the Grayson.

Also, please ship Grayson twice every month.

Astonishing Member

Hmm, I do love Midnighter, but I like him in a kind of tongue in cheek way, because that's basically how he's presented in Authority. If they try to make this a serious book about a lethal version of Batman, then the appeal (for me) is entirely lost. We'll see.

BANNED

It's a no brainer for me. I grew up on The Authority.

Look at what I found today, made me even more crazy excited for Steve Orlando's run!

Spectacular Member

I am hoping the new DC Icons line finally has a new Midnighter.

Invincible Member

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Midnighter was basically asexual in his last solo, while Orlando is definitely dealing with him as a gay man in the new series. That's a HUGE difference in approach for DC.
    I have similar feelings. And like Kid A said, if they just make him "edgy Batman," even if it's a good comic, it'll be a wasted opportunity. And while there's gay characters in superhero comics, there's not that many single men who are solo stars of there own titles ( I'm not sure Loki counts). There's really not a lot where an adult dude is dealing with the ups and downs of relationships in a mature way. I'm not saying it should be a soap opera, but if Peter Parker and Clark Kent can deal which such things, why not Midnighter.

DC has released the details for the 8-page preview of Midnighter to be found in May's Convergence: Nightwing/Oracle issue. It sounds different than what I'd expect, but still really excited about Steve Orlando and ACO's take on the character.

MIDNIGHTER (Written by Steve Orlando with Art by ACO)

CONVERGENCE: NIGHTWING/ORACLE #2

Midnigter's on the hunt for the Perdition Pistol, a legendary weapon believed to fire bullets with body-snatching demons inside -- but you shouldn't listen to everything the old stories say….

Look at what I found today, made me even more crazy excited for Steve Orlando's run!

That's so awesome. I want to get a midnighter poster.

i really loved the preview. It looks so good! This series is going to be my wildest dream I reckon