Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    We don't know if he has a family which I'm fascinated by. That's something I definitely want to see explored in his solo series.

Obviously by family I mean mum and dad not something dumb like a wife and kids
    This could interesting if done right. Adults with parents aren't explored enough in cape comics

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Multiveristy Comics has a new interview with Steve Orlando: Violence, Justice, and Loving Your Job

Everything he says about this books sound just about perfect, so excited for this to come out!

Nice interview. Looking forward to tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This could interesting if done right. Adults with parents aren't explored enough in cape comics
    This is a pet peeve of mine, but I have to admit Midnighter is not the first character who comes to mind for this. However, thinking about your comment, one of the things I always liked about the original Midnighter was how soft he was around his own family, so it might be interesting. They were going for that softness with the child-hugging in the preview... The whole "lost his childhood" quote from Orlando's interview suggests we might get a little background there.
    Last edited by sanderling; 06-02-2015 at 04:36 PM.

It was so beautiful. I've never had more fun reading a comic in my life ever. It's like it was written just for me

I've yet to read the issue, but I'm glad to see that Steve Orlando is getting a lot of attention today, with interviews on Comics Alliance, The Advocate and the LA Times.

Looking for a place to comment on how much I'm looking forward to Dick Grayson dropping in on Midnighter in his own series one of these days. That combination of personalities showed the potential to be comedy gold in Grayson's series (hampered a bit by the St. Grayson thing they have going on there), and this first issue made me feel like the writer might be able to have a little fun with it.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    We don't know if he has a family which I'm fascinated by. That's something I definitely want to see explored in his solo series.

Obviously by family I mean mum and dad not something dumb like a wife and kids
    Apollo and he were awesome fathers. And, Finer Worlds is one of the most gloriously romantic introductions for a dedicated couple DC has ever published. Hands down.

This is a new Midnighter. New reality. The two of them and Jenny was a beautiful thing.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

Sadly, even if/when he gets back together with Apollo, there's no chance that Jenny's going to be their daughter since she's already 15.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    And, Finer Worlds is one of the most gloriously romantic introductions for a dedicated couple DC has ever published. Hands down.
    Absolutely agree with this. In just a few panels you understood so much about their relationship (the depths of their feelings for each other, what that bickering had been about all along) without knowing much about their relationship (where did they meet, etc.). A masterpiece of subtle, and completely heart-meltingly amazing. I'm such a sucker for long-term relationships (a rare beast in comics and getting rarer by the second as everything gets rebooted) and this one was the gold standard.

Spectacular Member

I finally got around to reading the newest Midnighter title and I loved it. It felt like an Authority Midnighter and not the watered down version from Nu52 Stormwatch.

I am not reading any other DC comics apart from Midnighter now. At $2.99 it is easily one of the best values for money and I am in all the way with this title.

DC should be pushing this title, and character, as much as they can.

I loved Midnighter #1! I've been a fan of Midnighter ever since Warren Ellis first introduced him and I love this somewhat new version also. He seems to be more fun loving, wisecracking, and happier. I know some of you want him back with Apollo, but not too soon, please. I have never seen him when he is without Apollo and I think it could be fun for him to be single, for a while.

Spectacular Member

I just hope this doesn't go the way of Grifter, Voodoo and Stormwatch. Us Wildstorm fans don't have much to look forward to now so hopefully Midnighter is the real hero this city needs

MIDNIGHTER #3 Variant by John Paul Leon:

Lovely variant. I also love how the book is only two issues in and already is one of the best books DC is putting out. I'm been trying to get as many people as I can into it because Orlando is writing the hell out of this.

New interview with Steve Orlando from Newsarama! I love this dynamic between Midnighter and Dick Grayson as the world's greatest frenemies, more please!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    New interview with Steve Orlando from Newsarama! I love this dynamic between Midnighter and Dick Grayson as the world's greatest frenemies, more please!
    Really looking forward to this. I could read Midnighter & Grayson all day!