Page 57 of 287 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It is only a one-shot.
    Okay, thanks for the info
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Sorry to disrupt the thread, but given how everyone here seems like fans of the first family, what would people recommend as good entry points into FF comics? I have been read Marvel for a year and a half now, but I am not really as well-versed in the FF side of Marvel as I should be...

Sue is my favorite member of the team, if that helps.
    Byrne did the most character building with Sue than any other writer. I would recommend his run.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Fine thanks! I'm glad to see you remember the board and you probably know it's one of the longest running MB's out there. You can still look up threads going back at least 10 years (the last time I tried). Things are bit quiet now but we are all waiting for the relaunch of the Fantastic Four. I inherited the mod job from Sean Kleefeld and you might remember his FF site. It's too bad he took it down out but he's got a blog that's been going on for a while about comics in general and sometimes posts some of his FF stuff there from the old site.
    Yeah, I seem to remember him asking if someone wanted to take over his site otherwise he would have to take it down. Glad to see you here though. When Marvel brings the FF back, I'll have to come check things out over there too.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeah, I seem to remember him asking if someone wanted to take over his site otherwise he would have to take it down. Glad to see you here though. When Marvel brings the FF back, I'll have to come check things out over there too.
    Yes, please keep us in mind. Sean's site had some really cool FF stuff, like all the covers that were an homage to Fantastic Four #1 and info on FF related merchandise through the years and some interviews with creators, etc. I can remember that Marvel was very slow getting any merchandizing going until the Mego figures. I think I had the Thing and Sue dolls. I don't remember if I had a Reed or the Torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Sorry to disrupt the thread, but given how everyone here seems like fans of the first family, what would people recommend as good entry points into FF comics? I have been read Marvel for a year and a half now, but I am not really as well-versed in the FF side of Marvel as I should be...

Sue is my favorite member of the team, if that helps.
    As said already, Byrne's run is great for someone who likes Sue. Hickman's run is a great run too. But they are not very "new reader friendly". Lee and Kirby's run is the classic, but it can be dated for new readers.

Now that I think about it, most FF runs rely on a understanding of the FF. When I first started, I had no clue Franklin and Valeria existed. When Marvel eventually relaunches the comic, hopefully sooner rather than later, I hope it's easier for new readers to latch on to. Without rebooting them, or requiring knowing the knowledge of all their history, bar the basic origin.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

So what do you think of her as Susan Storm Richards / Invisible Woman ? :

BANNED

and this guy as Reed Richards / Mister Fantastic ? :

BANNED

and this guy as Johnathan Spencer Storm / The Human Torch ? :

I picked up Hickman's complete FF run and just finished his Dark Reign mini. I'm about to start the main series but I wanted to stop by first and mention that I thought it was cool how Dark Reign ended with the idea that every problem has a solution. Especially considering the no win scenario that was the incursions.

So far my favorite part is the kids. Val and Franklin were great, that stand off against Osborn was absolutely awesome. The only thing rubbing me the wrong way is Reed and the way he's already lying to Susan. Hopefully he's not too mush of a d**k.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I picked up Hickman's complete FF run and just finished his Dark Reign mini. I'm about to start the main series but I wanted to stop by first and mention that I thought it was cool how Dark Reign ended with the idea that every problem has a solution. Especially considering the no win scenario that was the incursions.

So far my favorite part is the kids. Val and Franklin were great, that stand off against Osborn was absolutely awesome. The only thing rubbing me the wrong way is Reed and the way he's already lying to Susan. Hopefully he's not too mush of a d**k.
    It's part of Reed's character. He loves Sue and would not do anything to hurt her, unless it was to prevent something worse. Reed, to me anyway, is less with his feelings and more with optimizing a situation. It's why he put Franklin into a coma in FF 141, it's why he sided with Tony in Civil War 1. It's part of the reasoning behind seeing Mini-Reed (some of you call him the Maker) as a villain.

It's an aspect of his personality that readers are free to like or dislike. I think this is a nice contrast to Ben, Sue, and Johnny.

BANNED

Human Torch from Uncanny Avengers 10
    Cable is from the future
    12.jpg
    13.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Human Torch from Uncanny Avengers 10
    Cable is from the future
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    I don't know how to feel about this....

BANNED

Crimz:
    I don't know how to feel about this....
    That's why i chose this moment. I could go with something different.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's part of Reed's character. He loves Sue and would not do anything to hurt her, unless it was to prevent something worse. Reed, to me anyway, is less with his feelings and more with optimizing a situation. It's why he put Franklin into a coma in FF 141, it's why he sided with Tony in Civil War 1. It's part of the reasoning behind seeing Mini-Reed (some of you call him the Maker) as a villain.

It's an aspect of his personality that readers are free to like or dislike. I think this is a nice contrast to Ben, Sue, and Johnny.
    When you put it like that I definitely agree.

Also I'm a big fan of Hickman's Maker. I wish Hickman could come back and write a book about him. I'm not really into that many villains but the Maker is definitely one of the exceptions.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

That's why i chose this moment. I could go with something different.
    It was pointless. It provided no new information, and just rehashed what we already know. "Maybe they will be back someday" is not reassuring. I would of preferred if nothing was said.