Page 243 of 287 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4303

The more I see the new uniforms, the more I like them. Can't wait for the team to have them in the book.

I also want the next issue to be action packed and Sue to get some great moments. It's been too long since I've last seen her kick ass. These past three years felt so long.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    The story... What story? It is a bunch of inconsistently produced scenes stitched together as a string of oh gee moments without any real development or explanation. Does it make sense to you that Frankin has kept the family missing for a decade leaping from fanasty universe to the next until suddenly his powers just run out and then a Genie shows up and destroys all the universes and nobody blinks? And nobody cares enough about Johnny and Ben to invite them to come play?

That is just bad story writing.

Bad.
    They haven't been gone a decade. It's implied that time has moved differently for them than it has for the rest of the MU. At best it's just been a few years. Franklin and Val are teens now but they were far from toddlers when they left.

And it's clear that they do care about and have missed Ben and Johnny and, while we've already seen that communicating with Earth was a problem for them, I expect there will be a fuller accounting for why they didn't or couldn't reach out to them once they're reunited.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 09-18-2018 at 04:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You're letting your disappointment over these two issues make claims that aren't borne out. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben are now physically together. That's a comeback, no ifs ands or buts.

There is a story, just not to your liking. No ifs ands or buts there either.
    They have been together for one panel and not a good one. And instead a quarreling over what is a storyline, I will concede the point to you and say that despite those attributes, it would get an F if it was presented to a creative writing class and Kingsboro College because it has no plot, almost no characterization, and is inconsistent with in itself and with all previous renditions of the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    They haven't been gone a decade. It's implied that time has moved differently for them than it has for the rest of the MU. At best it's just been a few years. Franklin and Val are teens now but they were far from toddlers when they left.
    Val at least WAS. She was only 3, Franklin was 8. It probably has been a decade for the Future Foundation (even at 13, Val's flirting with that Namor expy is ugh), but probably only a year or so in 616.

The snag is that this should also mean Alex Power, who was already 19, would now be the same age as Peter Parker.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by =Mike View Post
    I don't disagree

I was just wondering why.
    maybe you can be offered an incentive to expand on your thoughts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I am still shocked that his parents played along with his "made up universes". It was like they were scared of him? I don't get it. Maybe I have not read enough about Franklin or the Future Foundation, but I just think that is way too much power; it was just ridiculous. His parents playing along just made it more ridiculous, and on the verge of scary.

It is positively unworkable as a plot turn. Reed and Sue would never go along with this.

FANTASTIC FOUR: WEDDING SPECIAL #1
    GAIL SIMONE & DAN SLOTT (W) • LAURA BRAGA (A)
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM
    VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN
    VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    VARIANT COVER BY PASQUAL FERRY
    FANTASTIC FOUR VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN
    Come and celebrate the impending nuptials of the Thing and Alicia Masters with a Ladies Night Out as only the First Family of Comics can do it! Guest-starring She-Hulk, Medusa, Crystal and more, it’s the bachelorette party Alicia never expected—and one whose ribaldry will be interrupted by the arrival of a Surprise Super Villain! (And no, we don’t mean Johnny Storm!) Meanwhile, the Thing has an unexpected meeting with his future father-in-law, the Puppet Master! Plus, Hembeck! The Fantastic Four family tree! And more! R.S.V.P. at your local comics retailer this December, and don’t forget to kiss the bride!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

Gail Simone will be writing too? Nice.

FANTASTIC FOUR #5
    DAN SLOTT (W) • AARON KUDER, ADAM HUGHES & MICHAEL ALLRED (A)
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    Variant Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Susan Storm Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
    Variant Cover By Mark Brooks
    Alicia Remastered Variant Cover By Jack Kirby Thing Remastered Variant Cover by Jack Kirby Variant Cover By Elizabeth Torque
    Variant Cover By Ashley Witter
    CONAN VS MARVEL HEROES VARIANT BY TBA
    PARTY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    PREMIERE VARIANT COVER BY ESAD RIBIC
    SPECIAL 650th ISSUE SPECTACULAR!
    The wedding that’s been years in the making…Ben and Alicia say “I do!”
    No bait. No switch. Not a dream. Not a hoax. And we swear, not a single Skrull around. This is really happening! From the book that brought you the first, best and longest running super hero marriage in comics, we give you…the wedding of Ben Grimm and Alicia Masters! Featuring an untold tale of the courtship of Ben and Alicia. A bachelor party that only Johnny Storm could throw. And a very special ceremony brought to you in the Mighty Marvel Manner.
    64 PGS./Rated T …$5.99

$5.99 again... F*ck you Marvel. Seriously. It's like you want people to avoid the FF.

Love that there is going to be a Sue Variant by Simone Bianchi though.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-18-2018 at 11:10 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's $6 for twice the amount of pages of a $4 issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's $6 for twice the amount of pages of a $4 issue.
    It's the fact that it's so close to the first issue that was the same price. It will definitely put people off as all they will see is that price and so soon too. That's what I'm pissed about.

I'm getting it anyway as they had me with marriage of Ben and Alicia plus a Sue variant by Simone Bianchi. I just don't like things that may put those that aren't as invested off the book.

That issue is LGY#650, remember. You shouldn't be surprised.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You're right. I was just hoping that it would be at most $4.99. Which might as well have been a pipe dream.

The Wedding special/Fantastic FOur #5, it is a bit pricey but I'm still going to buy it bc I absolutely love the Fantastic FOur. Been waiting for them to return since the end of Secret Wars. But I will definitely riot if Ben and Alicia do not get married. I've already been burned with that freaking Batman wedding AND Piotr and Kitty's wedding! If it's another fake out I will lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

And it's clear that they do care about and have missed Ben and Johnny and, while we've already seen that communicating with Earth was a problem for them, I expect there will be a fuller accounting for why they didn't or couldn't reach out to them once they're reunited.
    So Alex should be early 20s?
    Artie & Leech old enough to be on the X books?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Val at least WAS. She was only 3, Franklin was 8. It probably has been a decade for the Future Foundation (even at 13, Val's flirting with that Namor expy is ugh), but probably only a year or so in 616.

The snag is that this should also mean Alex Power, who was already 19, would now be the same age as Peter Parker.
    Val being three WAS the case. The FF spent a year outside 616 reality in Fraction's run and adding in the eight months from Time Runs Out, puts her at probably five. Franklin could be 10, but i don't remember when his birthday occurred in regards to Fraction and Hickman's runs.