Page 242 of 287 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    #1 sales are hardly indicative of where it will be. It will have a massive drop next month and will continue to drop until it stabilizes by the end of the year
    Especially a number one with many, MANY variant covers, some of which were based on sales. Still a good number compared with everything else, but you are correct in that this is far from what the numbers will settle at when the book gets going.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The FANTASTIC FOUR Are Getting a New Headquarters

I like it, it's different and could be interesting. It's only a matter of time before they get back the Baxter Building, but I'm happy with this new headquarters.

It feels like they are starting from scratch and building themselves back up, which I like. As it's kind of meta, the team isn't as popular as they were and this run is trying to rebuild their standing and popularity among readers.
    Yancy Street... are they just all living in a property Ben owns?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    What's the last book that sold two million copies? Heck, what's the last book that sold one million copies?

books on par with this title, Peter Parkers marriage... Superman 75 ...

The effort to market comics is a joke. 2 million in sales should be a routine goal.

All-New Member

2 million? FF is not that popular. Im actually surprised it did as well as it did in comparison to Infinity Wars
    The Fantastic Four market penetration is much larger than 2 million. It is closer to 200,000 million worldwide. Marvel licensing for the Fantastic Four is very large.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    It is fantastic for Marvel... and not unexepcted. I actually expected more like 2 million copies sold. This is a book with the return of the FF and a broad readership going back decades. It seems that despite everything, the Disney marketing execs failed. It should have sold 2 million copies easy. right?
    No. That's insane. Numbers like that were possible during the speculation craze of the early '90s.

Today, half a million is a giant number. If anyone thinks 2 million is what a single issue comic can sell today, they're out of touch with reality.

For one, the number of outlets that would be ordering that book have diminished. Not just comic stores but whole retail chains that carried comics.

So no, 2 million is not a realistic goal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by talja_l View Post
    books on par with this title, Peter Parkers marriage... Superman 75 ...

The effort to market comics is a joke. 2 million in sales should be a routine goal.
    The goal from any publisher is always to sell as many issues as possible. But thinking 2 million is just not a realistic goal by any stretch.

If any recent comic was going to hit even a million, it would have been Action #1000 and that didn't hit the half million mark.

Given that, FF #1 did damn well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    FF hypsters move to Brooklyn ... Yawn.. So that means that the universe spanning storyline will be finished in 2 volumes. I am begging for the real return of the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by talja_l View Post
    The Fantastic Four market penetration is much larger than 2 million. It is closer to 200,000 million worldwide. Marvel licensing for the Fantastic Four is very large.
    200, 000 million?. You mean 200 billion? No comic has ever sold that many. FF isnt even Marvel's #1 best selling property (even long before the cancellation). 368K is a very good number in today's comic landscape. I think people are deluding themselves to think this could have done more than 2 million with one issue, when the best selling titles arent even getting anywhere near as much total for a year's worth of books

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So that means that the universe spanning storyline will be finished in 2 volumes.
    Three issues to go by solicits. Volume refers to an entire run, or nowadays the TPB collection.
    I am begging for the real return of the Fantastic Four.
    Returned already.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Eh, IMO the art is not top notch or exciting but it often takes time for a new artist to get their feet planted with the FF. Time will tell. I didn't think Mike Wieringo would work out well with the FF either an he produced good work.

I think the bigger problem is the story. They are really digging themselves a hole.
    Art wise i was pleasently surprised to see how well the artist illustrated Ben and Johny right from the first issue.The illustrations could have more details but generally speaking the art was good.
    Story wise i liked the first issue as well.What is your critic about the story?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Three issues to go by solicits. Volume refers to an entire run, or nowadays the TPB collection.

Returned already.
    No they haven't

THIS is the FF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Art wise i was pleasently surprised to see how well the artist illustrated Ben and Johny right from the first issue.The illustrations could have more details but generally speaking the art was good.
    Story wise i liked the first issue as well.What is your critic about the story?
    The story... What story? It is a bunch of inconsistently produced scenes stitched together as a string of oh gee moments without any real development or explanation. Does it make sense to you that Frankin has kept the family missing for a decade leaping from fanasty universe to the next until suddenly his powers just run out and then a Genie shows up and destroys all the universes and nobody blinks? And nobody cares enough about Johnny and Ben to invite them to come play?

That is just bad story writing.

Bad.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

No they haven't

THIS is the FF
    The story... What story?
    You're letting your disappointment over these two issues make claims that aren't borne out. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben are now physically together. That's a comeback, no ifs ands or buts.

There is a story, just not to your liking. No ifs ands or buts there either.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

#1 sales are hardly indicative of where it will be. It will have a massive drop next month and will continue to drop until it stabilizes by the end of the year
    I know that. I'm just hoping that the drop isn't to under 70,000.

A consistent 80,000 or above would be a win for me.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-18-2018 at 01:25 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That’s interesting, I wonder if since the avengers have a tower now and the xmen have a school/mansion maybe they wanted an iconic set of premises for the FF which was a bit different. Or maybe they thought it was a bit elitist so now they’re living amongst a tough working class community

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The FANTASTIC FOUR Are Getting a New Headquarters

I like it, it's different and could be interesting. It's only a matter of time before they get back the Baxter Building, but I'm happy with this new headquarters.

It feels like they are starting from scratch and building themselves back up, which I like. As it's kind of meta, the team isn't as popular as they were and this run is trying to rebuild their standing and popularity among readers.
    Love the idea of them living on Yancy Street.

And I like that this puts them squarely in a regular neighborhood as opposed to being somewhat isolated in the Baxter Building.

It's very possible, even likely, that they'll get back to the BB eventually but I have a feeling this will be a cool residence for them for awhile.