Page 56 of 287 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Finally, our beloved FF is getting some publication attention… from IDW Publishing, that is.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...rtists-edition

http://community.comicbookresources....tist-s-Edition

<Sigh>
    I will be buying this, but I'm a bit annoyed it's going to be an Inhumans story.

And Holy Crap! NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Bendis on the FF.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Happy Birthday Colleen Doran!!!

From AMAZING FANTASTIC INCREDIBLE STAN LEE graphic novel

Colleen Doran;
    "Yeah, I got to draw the awesome stuff."

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Happy Birthday Colleen!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Found this while surfing, and considering the heatwave, had to share.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

How funny. I just used that as a banner on a Fantastic Four MB. The artist's name is Brendan Tobin and this is his website http://brendantobin.blogspot.com/201...hit-beach.html

Sorry to disrupt the thread, but given how everyone here seems like fans of the first family, what would people recommend as good entry points into FF comics? I have been read Marvel for a year and a half now, but I am not really as well-versed in the FF side of Marvel as I should be...

Sue is my favorite member of the team, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    How funny. I just used that as a banner on a Fantastic Four MB.
    Hey IM! I used to frequent that FF board all the time and I remember you posting some great threads there. I wasn't sure if you were the same person here so I didn't say anything until now. I stopped going to that forum though a few years ago. How have you been?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Given the FF's (and in particular Thing's history) with the Hulk, it's fitting that Ben and Johnny appear in Civil War II: The Fallen. I wonder if the two will have a mini-reunion on the side.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    How funny. I just used that as a banner on a Fantastic Four MB. The artist's name is Brendan Tobin and this is his website http://brendantobin.blogspot.com/201...hit-beach.html
    Ha! GMTA!

Thanks for the artist info. That wasn't on the site I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Given the FF's (and in particular Thing's history) with the Hulk, it's fitting that Ben and Johnny appear in Civil War II: The Fallen. I wonder if the two will have a mini-reunion on the side.

This annoys me for a number of reasons. But I'm glad to see any of the FF around.

Is Bagley doing the art on the whole series?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Is Bagley doing the art on the whole series?
    It is only a one-shot.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Sorry to disrupt the thread, but given how everyone here seems like fans of the first family, what would people recommend as good entry points into FF comics? I have been read Marvel for a year and a half now, but I am not really as well-versed in the FF side of Marvel as I should be...

You could start with their last series by James Robinson & Leonard Kirk Vol 5 - 18 issues. Then work backwards thru the volumes. In all there would be around 650 issues across 5 volumes. They have had many great runs by Lee/Kirby, John Byrne, Waid/Wieringo, Simonson, Hickman...

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post

It depends one whether you like reading older / Silver Age stuff or only like modern stuff.

If you like the older stuff, then you have to read Stan and Jack's run. Bronze age, then John Byrne's run. Modern stuff ... well there's plenty of choices.

While sort of alternate universes, the Marvel Season One FF book was a nice, one book intro, IMO. Also the MK4 series. Both, were by Robert Aguirre-Sacasa.

In the 616, Jonathan Hickman's run is great, but I think it reads even better if you've read prior runs, as it uses plenty of old foes and allies.

What I would NOT recommend is Fraction's run or Mark Millar's run.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hey IM! I used to frequent that FF board all the time and I remember you posting some great threads there. I wasn't sure if you were the same person here so I didn't say anything until now. I stopped going to that forum though a few years ago. How have you been?
    Fine thanks! I'm glad to see you remember the board and you probably know it's one of the longest running MB's out there. You can still look up threads going back at least 10 years (the last time I tried). Things are bit quiet now but we are all waiting for the relaunch of the Fantastic Four. I inherited the mod job from Sean Kleefeld and you might remember his FF site. It's too bad he took it down out but he's got a blog that's been going on for a while about comics in general and sometimes posts some of his FF stuff there from the old site.