Page 229 of 287 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Thanks! I wouldn't call myself one of the biggest as there are many who have read their books for longer and know a lot more than I do.

I enjoyed the issue, and while waiting another month isn't what I expected I understand why they did it. Having the team back in one issue would have been a disservice and too fast, a return like this needs set-up. I loved Ben proposing to Alicia, the funny flashback story of the team trying to get home, and big 4 at the end. It put a big smile on my face.

However, having had time to think on it there were problems. Like I think the price was ridiculous, The FF needs new fans and the book should give them the incentive to try it. Having such a high price does the opposite, plus it raises expectations that the team should be back together in a big way in this first issue. I believe people would be less disappointing if the book were normal priced or cheaper. This issue is a good way to get new readers up to speed on who the FF are and what's going on, but the price is simply just too high that it may put more people off.

I'm also personally not a fan of the Doom story. I didn't think it was bad at all, just that he shouldn't have his own story yet. Doom's popularity has gotten to the point where it takes away from the team, he is the only villain I know that is a lot more popular than the main characters. To the point where common phrase when it comes to the teams inclusion in the MCU is; "leave the team and just bring their villains". Part of the problem is the amount of focus he gets, if you compare the development the team has compared to him it's ridiculous. We know more about Doom and his motivations than we do about Sue and Johnny. He's had more solo's and mini's than each member of the team put together. I hope the Doom story isn't a sign of things to come.

Overall I liked it, but I can admit that it did have issues. Slott has definitely shown that he understands the Fantastic Four, especially Ben and Johnny, we'll see if he gets Reed and Sue next issue. So I'm cautiously optimistic about his run.
    Just saw your signature and I must admit, a Susan storm solo would be fascinating, who would be in it? And who would write it? I hope Medusa is in it because I kind of feel like she and Susan are the mummy bloggers of the marvel u and enjoy a quiet wine together at the end of a troubling day. As for writer, g. Willow Wilson is a mum and I think she would write a really compelling Susan but she does is my favourite choice for just about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I usually do not speak well of anyone I don't see in a mirror, but Crimz, you are one of the most prolific, intellectual, and insightful posters for the FF on this board. Even in the rare circumstances where we disagree, I see your point. And you are loyal.
    Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Just saw your signature and I must admit, a Susan storm solo would be fascinating, who would be in it? And who would write it? I hope Medusa is in it because I kind of feel like she and Susan are the mummy bloggers of the marvel u and enjoy a quiet wine together at the end of a troubling day. As for writer, g. Willow Wilson is a mum and I think she would write a really compelling Susan but she does is my favourite choice for just about anything!
    I recently changed my signature, it used to be something along the lines of "there will be an Invisible Woman solos someday.... right?". But after the character's three years away and during that time everyone and their grandma getting solo's I changed it to the one I have now. There is no excuse for her not to get at least a mini now that she's back. It wouldn't be right away as Slott hasn't even started to write her, but it should still happen.

I'm not sure who should write it, but G. Willow Wilson is a great choice for most things. The writer who should write it depends on the direction they want to take with the character as there are quite a few options:

• It can be a book about Sue as spy (which was revealed in SHIELD #4 2014)
    • She could be an intergalactic diplomat of earth which has lots of interesting possibilities
    • It could be about her pursuing a career, maybe one in medicine and all the ups and downs that come with balancing that and everything else in her life.

But most of all I want a writer who is passionate about the character.
    Whatever direction for the book they choose should be more than the standard superhero stuff, and the supporting cast should be some classic characters like Medusa, and her family (but only occasionally) as well as new ones created for her. The same goes for villains, mix old and new but have mostly new ones. Namor should never show up or be referenced at all.

But all of this should be at the least a year away so that Slott has the chance to develop her in the main Fantastic Four book. Also, before she gets a solo she should make guest appearances in other books outside of the FF. She's been too attached at the hip to the team and especially Reed. Have her guest appear in the Avengers, X-Men, and many other books, make her have a presence in the MU without the other members of the team being involved.
    Reed gets called whenever there's a science problem, Johnny usually guest appears in Spider-Man and other books, and Ben goes wherever he wants. Sue is the only one who usually only makes guest appearances when it's with another member of the team. That has to change.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-19-2018 at 04:14 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Thanks! I wouldn't call myself one of the biggest as there are many who have read their books for longer and know a lot more than I do.

I enjoyed the issue, and while waiting another month isn't what I expected I understand why they did it. Having the team back in one issue would have been a disservice and too fast, a return like this needs set-up. I loved Ben proposing to Alicia, the funny flashback story of the team trying to get home, and big 4 at the end. It put a big smile on my face.

However, having had time to think on it there were problems. Like I think the price was ridiculous, The FF needs new fans and the book should give them the incentive to try it. Having such a high price does the opposite, plus it raises expectations that the team should be back together in a big way in this first issue. I believe people would be less disappointing if the book were normal priced or cheaper. This issue is a good way to get new readers up to speed on who the FF are and what's going on, but the price is simply just too high that it may put more people off.

I'm also personally not a fan of the Doom story. I didn't think it was bad at all, just that he shouldn't have his own story yet. Doom's popularity has gotten to the point where it takes away from the team, he is the only villain I know that is a lot more popular than the main characters. To the point where common phrase when it comes to the teams inclusion in the MCU is; "leave the team and just bring their villains". Part of the problem is the amount of focus he gets, if you compare the development the team has compared to him it's ridiculous. We know more about Doom and his motivations than we do about Sue and Johnny. He's had more solo's and mini's than each member of the team put together. I hope the Doom story isn't a sign of things to come.

Overall I liked it, but I can admit that it did have issues. Slott has definitely shown that he understands the Fantastic Four, especially Ben and Johnny, we'll see if he gets Reed and Sue next issue. So I'm cautiously optimistic about his run.
    Thank You for your to the Heart Review, I enjoyed Reading it a good deal.

I am a Fan of story and yes it would have been to fast for the whole team to be back, I am behind in some of my reading but I fairly knew they would not be all together yet and that is fine, Story is what matters and executing it properly and with making sense flow is key always for a book to last the ages.

Just to let you know and soon I will share the images on here from my phone, outside of Scarlet Witch and Inhuman covers, I made a mini-collection of nearly all the variety covers I could find cause my Love for the FF is sparking more and more thanks to the Two-in-One Series and Now this, so the variant covers have become anew inspiration for me and I wanted to show support for the new book as much as I could afford, so rest ashired I did as much as my part as I could to show my LCS and the sales the FF is GREATLY desired and we thank them for celebrating their return in EPIC Fashion!

Don't sell yourself short, indeed their are many Great FF fans on here and I would celebrate them each and all individually with how EPIC they are in their fandom. I love seeing pure love and pure fandom what one gains love and inspiration from, so don't sell yourself short on yours either, it would not be the same FF fandom without you and you bring so much too it, Thank You!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

I cannot wait for September. The four will finally be reunited.
    Could Not Agree More Keyotheseasons, Also NICE CGI Artwork!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

My overall thoughts on aging Franklin and Valeria are mostly positive. While I'm wary of Franklin's age, I'm more okay with it than the 1990s when they turned him into a Cable clone. Still, I'm hoping they don't curtail his powers just to make him easier to write. After all, a reality warper like Franklin would be very useful when you have someone like Kobik running around.

iMan 42s

Hickman's adult Franklin seemed to me like a fun way forward.

For somebody as overpowered as that, a good way of giving him things to overcome is trying to make the timeline work or working out logic problems associated with it. Kind of like a Doctor Who vibe with it. He's extremely smart and powerful, but that only gets you so far in the grand scheme of things and so his work mostly comes around the broader scope of the universe. Not to mention that Franklin of Hickman's run just seemed to have a lot of fun with what he was doing, maybe because he knew things would work itself out or maybe he's still a goofball while an adult, there is just so much here I could easily see working.

It would probably require writers to really know their continuity, plots, and characters like the back of their hand but if done right, an adult Franklin would be pretty entertaining.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The main problem with Franklin's power is that it instantly reduces all threats. It leads to stories being about him handling things or the team buying time until he arrives to handle it. Leading to fans wondering "why doesn't Franklin sort it out" whenever a problem arises. It completely undermines the Fantastic Four.
    I like the idea of Frank and Val aging up a bit and getting their own codenames, but the immense power Franklin has needs to resolved. Now that he's older and getting more involved, they can't use the kid excuse for why he doesn't solve everything. His powers are just too story-breaking.

I would have it that rebuilding the multiverse was such a massive undertaking that Franklin's powers have been greatly reduced and he'd likely be back at full power when he becomes an adult (kind of like a battery recharging). That scenario would not completely strip him of his power, gives a valid reason why he is no longer immensely powerful, and allows writers to slowly build up his powers if they choose or let him stay at this manageable level. It would be interesting to see what powers he's left with.

If you agree that his powers should be reduced (until he's an adult), what powers do you think he should be left with?
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-20-2018 at 07:47 AM.

iMan 42s

He doesn't need a power reduction, just smart applications of these powers.

Nobody ever thinks about the concerns of reality warping because you can suddenly change reality to suit your whims. Well if that's the case how does that affect things like timetravellers who in real time may gain threats or at varying points be unable to get home? A change to the present may indeed erase someone from existence and or replace them with a new threat. What about the alterations to human history or the past? Say Franklin erases a disease but now has to contend with someone who was going to die from it now becoming worse than Doctor Doom? Sure he could forcibly change his ways or erase him as well, but how ethical is that? Would villains of increasing power keep appearing or may Franklin do something worse? Infact what about the fallout of that. Discovery is not linear and so somebody trying to solve a problem that Franklin just does may not find solutions for 15 other major things because they no longer have the piece of study.

What about monetary concerns? Sure he could just make sustenance for himself or create money but what is he using to do that? Something can't come from nothing so even if he can rearrange molecules to make what he needs, what is he using to do that? And then again with the chronological implications that whatever he makes like money would inflate the economy because he has introduced more bills into circulation. He could just take what he wants, but is that ethical? What about the effects of creating machinery that just works? Say Franklin isn't around to fix it or replace it should it get broken or lost, now whomever has that is at a disadvantage.

And what about Kang? Kang has a whole Empire and versions of himself across time and space and he is usually doing just fine. Meaning that no matter what Franklin does, all he would be doing to somebody like Kang is slow him down because like it or not he always wins. So Franklin unless he can make sense of that knot already has an opponent nobody can beat.

Hell, why not make everyone as powerful as Captain Universe or make everyone incapable of dying? Well Death gets into another mood, we have another infinity gauntlet, and or even the wrong people get newfound longevity. Prison sentencing would be literal Hell for someone that is immortal. And does Franklin become judge, jury, and executioner? People would expect help should he be able to do anything so how far does he go when he does help? Sure he can figure out a way to keep his body moving no matter what but what does Franklin want? I'm sure he wants to go see a movie or play with his toys, maybe hang out with friends, but that's a big world he would have to police so how far does he go?

I'm just saying there is a lot worth exploring in a guy (or kid) that is that powerful.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    He doesn't need a power reduction, just smart applications of these powers.

Nobody ever thinks about the concerns of reality warping because you can suddenly change reality to suit your whims. Well if that's the case how does that affect things like timetravellers who in real time may gain threats or at varying points be unable to get home? A change to the present may indeed erase someone from existence and or replace them with a new threat. What about the alterations to human history or the past? Say Franklin erases a disease but now has to contend with someone who was going to die from it now becoming worse than Doctor Doom? Sure he could forcibly change his ways or erase him as well, but how ethical is that? Would villains of increasing power keep appearing or may Franklin do something worse? Infact what about the fallout of that. Discovery is not linear and so somebody trying to solve a problem that Franklin just does may not find solutions for 15 other major things because they no longer have the piece of study.

What about monetary concerns? Sure he could just make sustenance for himself or create money but what is he using to do that? Something can't come from nothing so even if he can rearrange molecules to make what he needs, what is he using to do that? And then again with the chronological implications that whatever he makes like money would inflate the economy because he has introduced more bills into circulation. He could just take what he wants, but is that ethical? What about the effects of creating machinery that just works? Say Franklin isn't around to fix it or replace it should it get broken or lost, now whomever has that is at a disadvantage.

And what about Kang? Kang has a whole Empire and versions of himself across time and space and he is usually doing just fine. Meaning that no matter what Franklin does, all he would be doing to somebody like Kang is slow him down because like it or not he always wins. So Franklin unless he can make sense of that knot already has an opponent nobody can beat.

Hell, why not make everyone as powerful as Captain Universe or make everyone incapable of dying? Well Death gets into another mood, we have another infinity gauntlet, and or even the wrong people get newfound longevity. Prison sentencing would be literal Hell for someone that is immortal. And does Franklin become judge, jury, and executioner? People would expect help should he be able to do anything so how far does he go when he does help? Sure he can figure out a way to keep his body moving no matter what but what does Franklin want? I'm sure he wants to go see a movie or play with his toys, maybe hang out with friends, but that's a big world he would have to police so how far does he go?

I'm just saying there is a lot worth exploring in a guy (or kid) that is that powerful.
    Some of those ideas would make great FF-centered events, but I'm talking more about the everyday villain problem. Those type of stories only work for an arc or event and can't be sustained for the long-term, plus there will a lot of time spent explaining why Franklin can't do this or that to the point where it might as well be a Franklin book. You'd have to take time to make up some contrived reason why he can't instantly take out the enemy the team are facing while they can. Like the new villain the Griever who is going to be a cosmic level threat. What use are the members of the team if you have someone with Franklin's power?

He also has a lot more powers than reality warping, they are just a fraction of the powers he possesses. His power is at the point where he negates all threats and you'll have to jump through hoops to make a credible threat to him that doesn't also make the team useless. I think it's much better in the long run to weaken him, but have occasions where his power temporarily spikes back to full so you can have arcs/events based around your proposed plots.

BANNED

wonder if it's the ultimate destiny of Franklin to transcend humanity and join the celestials or the Pantheon of cosmic entities like Ulysses.

are there any recent, cool T-shirt designs featuring the members of the group?

Mighty Member

You think Franklin's broken as hell? Look at his father. Beyonder Reed is something else.

In all seriousness, I really want to see a Franklin-Kobik buddy cop type of arc or book. I'd love to see Kobik drive Franklin up the wall with her reality warping powers. Seeing Franklin deal with someone arguably more broken than him while having to fix all her problems would be fun to see.

Also, have Frank and Val interact more with the outside world. While the Baxter Building, Castle Doom, and all these weird places are cool and all, I want to see how Franklin and Valeria react to a somewhat normal environment. After rebuilding the multiverse, walking a few blocks to go eat must be alien to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are there any recent, cool T-shirt designs featuring the members of the group?
    The merchandise ban has prevented anything new. With the Fox/Disney deal underway and the comic back, the ban may have been lifted but we don't know for sure. Merchandise takes planning and a certain amount of time, if the ban has been lifted then we may see new things announced late this year (at best) or sometime next year.

The only new merch so far has been a few posters, some pins, and a '4' symbol t-shirt sold at SDCC.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-20-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

That could be done by giving any Marvel character the Infinity Gauntlet (or some such) for an extended run of issues. Arguably there are characters other than Franklin where that set-up would be more interesting.

On other hand as Crimz has argued what a full powered Franklin does make nigh impossible is showing team in real jeopardy in “routine” adventures...those escapades that many fans (certainly me) prefer to the big event comics.

Really in terms of powers he is so far above Ben, Johnny and Sue that he makes them redundant when he is present at full power.

I agree with Crimz. I hope Dan Slott gives Franklin specific limited powers at start of run...and sticks to a lowish limit for large majority of run.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 08-21-2018 at 12:16 AM.