Page 278 of 287 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4303
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

These proportions are so weird.

Edit: Now I know what's wrong. Where are her arms? Did she make them invisible?
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 12-18-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Lot's of Sue variant covers, yet she doesn't do much in-story...

The proportions on Issue 8's variant is ridiculous.

The Dr Doom arc continues. It's exactly what we needed more Dr Doom.....

There is no such thing as too much Doom...Doom all the time is just fine with me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It's Rob Liefeld's Cap's sister!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's Rob Liefeld's Cap's sister!
    Oh Lord, never bring up that reference again!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

For those of you who like the consumption of foreign materials.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...c-four-wedding

Astonishing Member

My take in that Bill Sienckiewicz cover is that Sue is turning from Invisible to Visible in that cover, thus why the arm is not visible yet.
    Anyways, looking at that cover I would like to read a story or limited series illustrated by him, he has illustrated stories of the Fantastic Four (#222-231) but the current unique art style that he have would be interesting in a Fantastic Four story imo.

On a bit of a different note: What is everyone's opinion on Slott's run so far and how he's handled each of the FF?
    I've already dropped the book.

I was going through some boxes in storage and found these gems:
    1005251.jpg
    mmm4574a.jpg
    s-l300.jpg

Yes. It's the (still invisible) arms! And I like it as weird as it looks... I would never put the name of Rob Liefeld too near of the one of Sienkiewicz btw...

And about Victor... be careful Mr. Slott! Remember "This land is mine!"... I hope there is more in the issue than in the humouristic solicit!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I usually like Sikiewicz's work. I don't know what he's trying to do here but it sure doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    There is no such thing as too much Doom...Doom all the time is just fine with me!!!!
    I got spoiled when we had a monthly title. Something seems amiss in the Marvel Universe if Doom isn't appearing somewhere.

I'm waiting to see the risks that Slott takes on this book. There have been/will be changes that are a long time coming like Ben marry Alicia and the kids aging. But there hasn't been anything truly new and different yet. That's part of the reason why I'm disappointed with the first proper arc being about Doom again. I'm hoping for interesting new concepts, villains, and character development for the team.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm waiting to see the risks that Slott takes on this book. There have been/will be changes that are a long time coming like Ben marry Alicia and the kids aging. But there hasn't been anything truly new and different yet. That's part of the reason why I'm disappointed with the first proper arc being about Doom again. I'm hoping for interesting new concepts, villains, and character development for the team.
    I'm the opposite.

I think too many writers are too eager to take risks, and we never get classic iconic stories anymore. The FF have been gone so long now, I'd love at least a year or so of the FF being the FF. Remind the world what makes them awesome WITHOUT shaking everything down to the foundations already.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm the opposite.

I think too many writers are too eager to take risks, and we never get classic iconic stories anymore. The FF have been gone so long now, I'd love at least a year or so of the FF being the FF. Remind the world what makes them awesome WITHOUT shaking everything down to the foundations already.
    But the problem is that the FF is the book never takes risks. Most runs are some homage to the past trying to relive past glory, to point where the team stagnates and not as engaging as they should be. Hickman's run is considered one of the great modern FF stories and I believe that part of that was because he wasn't afraid to takes risks and change things up. As a result we got awesome, epic stories and the introduction of things like the Future Foundation and Council of Reed's.

By risk I don't mean break up the team/family, that would be like removing Spider-Man's responsibility or the X-Men no longer being mutants. What I mean is new ideas, concepts, developing the main characters, put them in new situations. Having them face Mole Man for the 1000th time is no longer interesting. It's about time that the FF books stop trying relive the glory days of the 60s.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If we don't take risks and try to be "classic", then we'll end up like the X-Men. Do you want our precious FF book to be as wack as recent X-Men? No.

Dan is a big idea guy, and the FF in the 60's was a huge well of new ideas and creativity, which is part of why it was one of the hottest books. We already got Griever, next arc we're getting Victorious, and once all the normal characters have their new status quos set up, he can really go wild.

Robinson's run was by the numbers, no risk, cookie-cutter FF. Not bad, but nothing particularly engaging. Fraction shook things up some with his trip through other dimensions. Good idea, no real quality to the story, though. Fraction did it both, and did it well. The Future Foundation and the reliance on villains vs the Council of Reeds was wonderful. Future Franklin seemed like a "it figures" twist, but the relationships the future kids had with their family was great.

The FF has got some stuff you need. The mix of cosmic and mundane is a necessity. Could something new be done with Doom and Galactus? Sure. Will I like it? Probably. But will it be great and well-loved? Maybe. Slott hasn't disappointed me before (Surfer, She_hulk, Thing) and I do have a good feel about this. I personally don't think he's going to take enough risks, but that's speculation based only on his love for Marvel.