Page 267 of 287 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4303
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The $2 jump is excessive. The book should be getting numbers to support a lower price selling more copies. Boo! Hiss!
    I have little time for books being marked up for any reason, page count doesn't change this

marvel have long list my good will in this practice, I've yet to see one book where the extra pages were really needed and couldn't just be run in the normal issues and integrated

anything charitable of course is different

For me

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Marvel is also encouraging launch parties for Fantastic Four #5:

https://www.newsarama.com/42750-fant...h-parties.html

If anything could make up for the loss of readers and momentum between issues 2 and 3 it's this. Marvel seems to be trying their best with this issue which is nice.
    The price still bothers me, but the effort hasn't gone unnoticed.
    the delay I think really cost some momentum I think

And in all honesty I still don't feel it's got going as an ff book, it more feels like an appendix to secret wars at present

ill stick with it and I issue 5 I think will be pivotal

Is issue 5 priced higher than normal?

is it a tribute issue?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The $2 jump is excessive. The book should be getting numbers to support a lower price selling more copies. Boo! Hiss!
    the newsarama article says it's 7.99

Isn't that 4 dollars mire than usual?

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    the newsarama article says it's 7.99

Isn't that 4 dollars mire than usual?
    The original plan was for a 64 page book at $5.99. The $2 jump was for a change to a 72 page book at $7.99.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    the delay I think really cost some momentum I think

And in all honesty I still don't feel it's got going as an ff book, it more feels like an appendix to secret wars at present

ill stick with it and I issue 5 I think will be pivotal

Is issue 5 priced higher than normal?

is it a tribute issue?
    I get the reason why it feels like that so far, you can't really bring them back without answering Secret Wars. Secret Wars is the very reason they have been gone and no matter who they chose for the book they'd have answer any lingering questions from the event. From the next issue (issue 4) on is where we'll see what Slott has planned for the team begin as he's finished their reunion and ending anything left over from Secret Wars. It should (hopefully) start feeling like a FF book to you.

Issue 5 is Ben and Alicia's wedding which is a big deal.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Marvel is also encouraging launch parties for Fantastic Four #5:

https://www.newsarama.com/42750-fant...h-parties.html

If anything could make up for the loss of readers and momentum between issues 2 and 3 it's this.
    What lost momentum? There isn't any lost momentum.

It's the highest selling Marvel title on comixology right now, in a week that has a ton of huge releases from both Marvel and DC.

This "lost momentum" is entirely in your head. And before you say "but I heard some people say they were dropping the book, blah, blah, blah" just know that internet talk is cheap.

A lot of people talk sh*t on the internet all the time about how they're dropping this and that but what matters is actual sales. FF is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

It's the highest selling Marvel title on comixology right now, in a week that has a ton of huge releases from both Marvel and DC.

This "lost momentum" is entirely in your head. And before you say "but I heard some people say they were dropping the book, blah, blah, blah" just know that internet talk is cheap.

A lot of people talk sh*t on the internet all the time about how they're dropping this and that but what matters is actual sales. FF is fine.
    Love it hate it, but when a book is delayed early it does lose readers. I don't know how many it could be decent amount or very few, but being aware and cautious about it is not silly and it's not "all in my head".

That's all I'm going to say on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

The wedding issue is actually coming out during a week that DC is skipping due to Christmas being on a Tuesday.

As to "lost momentum", These first five issues are pretty much special cases. The real test of how the book will be going is starting with issue 651 and future issues when the more typical non-wedding, non-comeback, not round number stuff is over. The frustration people feel is real, though. How that will affect sales and momentum, we have no idea.

It's nice to have the team back in the MU again

I'd doubt they'll do much because this is a Thor event first and foremost, but it's nice that they have a presence again.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-16-2018 at 02:55 PM.

It's a linewide event, they'll almost certainly have their own tie-in. Fear Itself was also a Thor-based event and that was linewide as well. So was Siege.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I think it's just a setup for an Untold Tales style flashback. Like the editors note said.
    They should do an annual. Maybe get Sina Grace, Iceman's current writer, to do it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

The reality is that the book did lose momentum among the standard of people overtime dropping the title for various reasons and its delays.

We simply don't know how much momentum has been lost as only three issues have come out so far. Not to mention that what little data is available to the public has not come out for issue 3 yet.

There has been a drop in units between issues 1 and 2. But that's mostly due to the fact that FF#1 is a first issue. First issues normally sell well enough. 2-3 however has not come out yet as we don't have the data for issue 3. However the big takeaway from this is that the book is guaranteed a second volume. Online sales are very likely fine and the first issue sold well above cancellation border. So any substantial drop must be exactly that, substantial.

Until we finish through issue 6, I don't we can really say just how much momentum has been properly gained or lost until the book gets back on its feet and the readership stabilizes. We only know for sure that the second issue lost readers but that's easily chalked up to a first issue.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

FANTASTIC FOUR #7
    DAN SLOTT (W) • AARON KUDER (A) • Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    VARIANT COVER by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    SKRULLS VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    CAPTAIN MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY VALERIO SCHITI
    MYSTERY VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    “HERALD OF DOOM” PART TWO!
    • In a battle between Doctor Doom and Galactus, who would you favor…
    • A man who is trying to be a hero to his beloved nation or an unstoppable cosmic force of nature?
    • It’s a simple choice, unless you’re Mister Fantastic.
    • This dilemma, plus a strange new development in the life of the Human Torch.
    • And a long-forgotten threat from the Fantastic Four’s past resurfaces…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

The trade is also out February, for those who are waiting for that.

FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 1: FOUREVER TPB
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Penciled by SARA PICHELLI, SIMONE BIANCHI & SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    The wait is over! The Thing, the Human Torch, the Invisible Woman and Mister Fantastic — the first four heroes of the Marvel Age of Comics — are about to be reunited! Experience the grand return of the greatest family in the Marvel Universe! As an event occurs that will radically alter the Fantastic Four, Reed and Sue Richards return home with their children. But things have changed! And while Alicia Masters and the Thing ponder a big change of their own, the next chapter begins in the life of Victor Von Doom! Plus: Who are the Marvel Universe’s newest fabulous foursome — the Fantastix?! How did they come into possession of the Baxter Building? And what does that mean for the original FF? The World’s Greatest Comic Magazine is back — and better than ever! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (2018) #1-4.
    120 PGS./Rated T …$15.99

I would've thought they would include #5, but it is really big and they should keep the price down to encourage people to sample the book. So I guess Herald of Doom is three issues?