Page 227 of 287 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4303

My first FF book was # 65, introducing the Kree and Ronan. Then came the next with Him and I was so hooked. I remember finding the reprint series, Marvel's Collector Item Classics which reprinted earlier FF, and got to see Red Ghost issue which someone has shown the cover. Also the one where Namor kidnapped Sue under the Puppet Master's influence.

I have a vaguer memory of one or more Strange Tales Human Torch vs the Wizard stories from the earlier years. I was hospitalized when I was 8 (1964) and someone gave me those to read, but I don't really remember them very well, other than the Wizard was creepy to me, and the ones that guest starred Sue were also dreamy, sorta eerie (she seemed like a ghost, I guess I wasn't understanding...)
    Last edited by Oberon; 08-15-2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: edited number

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Valerio Schiti posted sketches of the Fantastix costumes in his Tumblr page.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

iMan 42s

Is anybody else just not feeling the Fantastix?

Like haven't we been down this road before? Aren't there a bunch of FF villains that could be used in their place? Not to mention isn't this kind of pointless? If it's a dark mirror to the FF, not only is that played out, they will lose. The FF have just come back and are not going to lose to the new guys. Not to mention that making the Fantastix a better superhero team than the FF basically undercuts the FF as a team. This means that so long as you can play into the archetype any group can be the FF. Even still if they are worse than the FF, then why are we watching this? We are here for the FF so why do we need to justify the FF to our existing audience?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Like haven't we been down this road before? Aren't there a bunch of FF villains that could be used in their place? Not to mention isn't this kind of pointless? If it's a dark mirror to the FF, not only is that played out, they will lose. The FF have just come back and are not going to lose to the new guys. Not to mention that making the Fantastix a better superhero team than the FF basically undercuts the FF as a team. This means that so long as you can play into the archetype any group can be the FF. Even still if they are worse than the FF, then why are we watching this? We are here for the FF so why do we need to justify the FF to our existing audience?
    They aren't going to be a dark mirror of the FF, just a rival team. I kind of see this group possibly ending up joining the Fantastic Family in some aspect like how the X-Men and Avengers have a "family" of books.

There could end up being the main Fantastic Four book, a Future Foundation book aimed at the Moon Girl demographic, and a "Fantastix" book which could be their teen book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Would it even sell? Probably makes more sense for them to show up in Champions than get their own book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would it even sell? Probably makes more sense for them to show up in Champions than get their own book.
    They wouldn't get a book right away (it would bomb miserably). I'm thinking in the long run, like a few years down the line.

A Future Foundation book should come much sooner though.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Yeah, that would have Alex Power and they could have Moon Girl join.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They wouldn't get a book right away (it would bomb miserably). I'm thinking in the long run, like a few years down the line.

A Future Foundation book should come much sooner though.
    Seriously. A Future Foundation book with a focus of the kids (Moon Girl, Valeria, Onome, Artie and Leech) seems like something that should be happening.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nothing is wrong with a 6 issue mini.

Nothing is wrong if you use a Fantastic Foundation book to EXPAND your teen universe as a whole. Have the Fantastics do a school or program that allows you to use the Richards kids AND have them team up with other teens in Marvel.

To me it would make a nice book to offer Scholastic. You have your OPENING to show kids science (obviously), space and if you toss in Moon Girl, Power Pack, Avenger Academy kids, Nu Inhumans & so on-you can offer other topics.

I say use Scholastic because I have seen more kids DIG in bins for Fantastic Four than guys named Bruce, Hal, Clark, Steve, Tony, Bruce who likes Bats, Barry & certain mutants. So it's not like your taking a huge risk-the interest is already there from kids.

Over on the BP thread I suggested Marvel revive Fantastic Force with Black Panther, Namor, Black Bolt, and Dr. Doom.

I would like to see the various kings from the FF franchise expand the idea of "family". Each of these rulers is responsible for the well being of entire peoples so you could sort of play with the idea of rival houses forced to work together to protect the Earth from Multiversal threats.

They could kind of deal with larger issues that arise due to the Fantastic Fours exploits.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

based on the visuals alone my interest isn't peaked

a team already in the baxter with a similar theme, not really interested in that either to be fair

but it's early days

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Over on the BP thread I suggested Marvel revive Fantastic Force with Black Panther, Namor, Black Bolt, and Dr. Doom.

I would like to see the various kings from the FF franchise expand the idea of "family". Each of these rulers is responsible for the well being of entire peoples so you could sort of play with the idea of rival houses forced to work together to protect the Earth from Multiversal threats.

They could kind of deal with larger issues that arise due to the Fantastic Fours exploits.
    I really like the idea

has an ff event written all over it for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    My first FF book was # 65, introducing the Kree and Ronan. Then came the next with Him and I was so hooked. I remember finding the reprint series, Marvel's Collector Item Classics which reprinted earlier FF, and got to see Red Ghost issue which someone has shown the cover. Also the one where Namor kidnapped Sue under the Puppet Master's influence.

I have a vaguer memory of one or more Strange Tales Human Torch vs the Wizard stories from the earlier years. I was hospitalized when I was 8 (1964) and someone gave me those to read, but I don't really remember them very well, other than the Wizard was creepy to me, and the ones that guest starred Sue were also dreamy, sorta eerie (she seemed like a ghost, I guess I wasn't understanding...)
    hmm - my first FF story was a record

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-F...kAAOSwHqxbZNSi

The four monarchs could make for interesting stories. As we've seen when two of them often combine, we get interesting dynamics. They have some things in common and where you'd expect two people to agree, they sometimes differ greatly. But all four are loyal to their lands. I like this idea as well.

What Lee and Kirby did with their incredible run was to keep these concepts around for a few issues after their introduction. We just didn't go off on some other adventure forgetting all about the Surfer (or whomever), we saw them reacting with other forces on the planet. I think this was a fine way to handle these ideas and made so much more sense than just ignoring them until some future issue. Let's see what happens to the FF's discoveries.