Page 226 of 287 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 4303

My first:

and the one starting a 537 issue streak:

Why, no, I have no problem, why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The only ones who aren't adopted by Sue and Reed are Alex (who's family seemed to know he was alright),and Onome.

Onome's family being angry about things could be interesting as it could cause tension with Wakanda and T'Challa.
    I wonder if she came back when T'challa restored Wakanda. Since he's one of the very few that would remember the old universe I'd suspect he could dissolve any tension.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

As far as revamped villains, since the FF represent the four classical elements I'd like to see the Frightful Four (or whatever the revamped name is) use other concepts such as Void (Space/Aether), Mercury (Metal), Sulfer (Explosive Energy), and Light.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Liked the first issue, I gave up Marvel a few years back, only buying the occasional run, like Waid/Samnee DD.Will give this series a try out.

My first FF

The earliest back issue had in my collection

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wonder if she came back when T'challa restored Wakanda. Since he's one of the very few that would remember the old universe I'd suspect he could dissolve any tension.
    Yeah he may be able to sort things out, or already told them that she was safe and out there helping rebuild the multiverse.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

Something that I want that others might not is FF events. Marvel's important teams have their own big events that shake up their side of the universe like No Surrender for the Avengers, and extermination for the X-Men. Even the Inhumans is kind of getting one with Death of the Inhumans.

The FF have never really had that. Secret Wars was kind of a Fantastic Four event, but was advertised as an Avengers/Marvel universe one. I think if Marvel really wants to treat the FF as one of their main teams again they should give them their own event that can even crossover with another team, like the X-Men/GoTG one.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-14-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Digging through one of my many long boxes I came across my first issue of The Fantastic Four.
    Issue #176. Bought in the summer of 1976. Just before starting the 4th grade. The issue that started it all for me.
    Still a fun read after all these years. Great art by George Perez and Joe Sinnott.
    Attachment 69313
    Cool.. while that one wasn't the first Fantastic Four comic I owned, it WAS the one where I started actively collecting each subsequent issue.

Prior to picking up this one on the newstand, I had
    Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_157.jpg

But the first ever exposure I had to Fantastic four was this one:
    Marvel_Collectors'_Item_Classics_Vol_1_14.jpg

Yeah he may be able to sort things out, or already told them that she was safe and out there helping rebuild the multiverse.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

Something that I want that others might not is FF events. Marvel's important teams have their own big events that shake up their side of the universe like No Surrender for the Avengers, and extermination for the X-Men. Even the Inhumans is kind of getting one with Death of the Inhumans.

The FF have never really had that. Secret Wars was kind of a Fantastic Four event, but was advertised as an Avengers/Marvel universe one. I think if Marvel really wants to treat the FF as one of their main teams again they should give them their own event that can even crossover with another team, like the X-Men/GoTG one.
    I think a full on Negative Zone invasion of Earth would be fun.
    Pull List:

The who knows what situation is a huge problem. You'd expect Reed to not make families think their kids are dead, but Johnny and Ben also fall into that category. And it is a big deal. Recreating the multiverse is a cosmic happening and the FF is all over that. Parents and kids are family and the FF is also all over that. This needs to be either fixed or ignored as the more it's looked at, the less logical it seems.

Secret Wars was really an FF story. Even looking at the final few cast members, we had Reed, Doom, Namor, T'Challa, Molecule Man. All of them introduced or reintroduced in FF.

I get the desire to see an FF event, but let's get the book up and running first. See if MTIO lasts and if the Future Foundation book returns. I'm sure Dan Slott can find something big to write about. And the Negative Zone is a good idea. I'd be interested as to what the "negative" Earth there is like. Although Marvel may just make it an evil version of Earth where Reed has a beard.

It's like my post is twice as good...

So Blue Eagle left the Liberteens. I assume Miss America will be getting a new codename? Not only is her costume there not patriotic, there is of course also the fact America Chavez has debuted since Slott created this team back in the Initiative era.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The who knows what situation is a huge problem. You'd expect Reed to not make families think their kids are dead, but Johnny and Ben also fall into that category. And it is a big deal. Recreating the multiverse is a cosmic happening and the FF is all over that. Parents and kids are family and the FF is also all over that. This needs to be either fixed or ignored as the more it's looked at, the less logical it seems.

Secret Wars was really an FF story. Even looking at the final few cast members, we had Reed, Doom, Namor, T'Challa, Molecule Man. All of them introduced or reintroduced in FF.

I get the desire to see an FF event, but let's get the book up and running first. See if MTIO lasts and if the Future Foundation book returns. I'm sure Dan Slott can find something big to write about. And the Negative Zone is a good idea. I'd be interested as to what the "negative" Earth there is like. Although Marvel may just make it an evil version of Earth where Reed has a beard.
    Of course not soon, the team aren't even properly back yet. I mean in the future, and not a line wide event like Secret Wars. An event just for the Fantastic Four franchise like Spider-Man had things like Clone conspiracy and things.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I wonder if this team will eventually end up being apart of a Fantastic Four family of books, like the X-Men and Avengers have. It could end up being the Fantastic Four as the main book, a Future Foundation book, and this Fantastix team having a book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

My second exposure was Marvel's Greatest Comics #69.
    Picked it up at a Grey Drug in the mall. At the end of 1976.
    The ending to one of Stan Lee/Jack Kirby's greatest stories.
    Marvel's_Greatest_Comics_Vol_1_69.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My second exposure was Marvel's Greatest Comics #69.
    Picked it up at a Grey Drug in the mall. At the end of 1976.
    The ending to one of Stan Lee/Jack Kirby's greatest stories.
    Marvel's_Greatest_Comics_Vol_1_69.jpg
    I don't remember the exact first FF I bought, but it was early in the 20 cent error. I also bought that giant sized book in your avatar at a grocery store. When I saw those large books as a kid, I was in heaven!
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Huh, Marvel posted the Fantastix on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and almost no one identified them as the former Liberteens. Some even thought they were a pastiche of DC's Terrifics lol. Many hated the name.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES