Page 240 of 287 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

By Sara Pichelli

I don't know what's going on with the comic as this looks great yet parts of the comic looks iffy. It may be the colorist, inker, or Sara might not be getting enough time.
    Don’t know, I suppose that unless you saw the original pencils for entire comic, then the inked version, then the final coloured version, that it’s guesswork at what point the “problems” originate. Even then, I suppose, a fair dose of objective judgement is needed.

In general terms given number of images created to a tight timescale to get comics out monthly, it’s a reflection of the tremendous skills possessed by the top comic book artists, that the finished products aren’t constantly littered with iffy images.

A fair tangent..but art and FF related. I’m getting towards end of my read of the John Bryne run. In general, I like his art..but even so I was surprised just how good it is in this run.

I think it’s up there with the very best I’ve seen in mainstream comics, the amount of detail he packs into a fair number of panels is jaw dropping, given the comic came out monthly. And he sequences the action marvellously well, he constantly makes it easy to follow the story.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 09-15-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Don’t know, I suppose that unless you saw the original pencils for entire comic, then the inked version, then the final coloured version, that it’s guesswork at what point the “problems” originate. Even then, I suppose, a fair dose of objective judgement is needed.

In general terms given number of images created to a tight timescale to get comics out monthly, it’s a reflection of the tremendous skills possessed by the top comic book artists, that the finished products aren’t constantly littered with iffy images.

A fair tangent..but art and FF related. I’m getting towards end of my read of the John Bryne run. In general, I like his art..but even so I was surprised just how good it is in this run.

I think it’s up there with the very best I’ve seen in mainstream comics, the amount of detail he packs into a fair number of panels is jaw dropping, given the comic came out monthly. And he sequences the action marvellously well, he constantly makes it easy to follow the story.
    I'm a big fan of the Pichelli art as well. Her Alicia is extraordinary in her body diversity. It leads me to think that a lot is going tinto the art on this book.

As to your Byrne observation, his at as better in past years and his FF work may stick out as opposed to his X-Men work (which sill get raves) is due to the lack of Terry Austin who was a very obvious influence on that art. FF was all Byrne and in addition, the first FF run that hadn't been heavily influenced by Joe Sinnott (the fifth man for the FF).

Thinking about the first three issues of this new run. It seems like this is Slott proving that he can write the FF:

Issue 1 is to show that he can write heartfelt FF stories, Johnny and Ben, Dr Doom and Latveria.

Issue 2 is to show that he can write Reed, Sue, and the kids as well as crazy science adventures.

Issue 3 will be how he writes the team all together and how he (and Pichelli) handle the action.

It's all set-up and a ways to show how he'll handle the team. After issue 3 we'll properly get into his run and what he has in store for the team.

I'm excited for hopefully some great action next month.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-15-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Pichelli art as well. Her Alicia is extraordinary in her body diversity. It leads me to think that a lot is going tinto the art on this book.

As to your Byrne observation, his at as better in past years and his FF work may stick out as opposed to his X-Men work (which sill get raves) is due to the lack of Terry Austin who was a very obvious influence on that art. FF was all Byrne and in addition, the first FF run that hadn't been heavily influenced by Joe Sinnott (the fifth man for the FF).
    You are picking on Terry Austin

Byrnes run on the FF was one of those special matches of creator and creation. George Perez was not half as good on the FF as he was on the Teen Titans. Brynes FF stories are in my top 20 of greatest runs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    No way.

In a sub-plot yet to be revealed some of Hank Pym’s semen had been gathered when he passed out drunk at a lap dancing establishment secretly manned by Skulls.

Easy enough then for a Skull to just store the semen in a specially created sac in relevant part of his anatomy, ready for release into Tigra at the appointed time.
    Skrulls are male and female?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Finally got my copy of Fantastic Four#1 (LGY:646) and have to say that this new FF comic book started quite well.
    The story was quite intriguing and interesting,really looking forward to read about the return of the rest of the team in the next issue.
    Art wise i can see why this artist is in this new comic book,Johny Stormm and Ben Grimm were quite well illustrated in the story for example.
    Was cool that this comic book had a Doctor Doom story as well.
    So this new comic book is how i think other issues ones of comic books should be done and i will be buying the next issues of Fantastic Four for sure.
    Eh, IMO the art is not top notch or exciting but it often takes time for a new artist to get their feet planted with the FF. Time will tell. I didn't think Mike Wieringo would work out well with the FF either an he produced good work.

I think the bigger problem is the story. They are really digging themselves a hole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    After seeing Dr. Strange go from "wills you out of existence" to stage magician in Last Days of Magic , no thank you.

There are a few ways to get around the Franklin problem without completely depowering him:
    • Make his powers rely on a gestures: He'll keep his nigh-omnipotence, but he'll need to rely of a psychosomatic weakness in order to operate. That way, you can have villains do what everyone tried to do to Thanos in Infinity War to stop him from using the Gauntlet.
    • Go the Dr. Strange route: Have him fight cosmic abominations the like of Shuma-Gorath and make his reality warping a necessity to fight monsters like these.
    • Write him out: This is not one that should be used often, but I want to see Franklin develop friend circles outside of the Baxter Building. Say Franklin's off with the X-Men or Power Pack and can't be reached. After all, all powerful doesn't mean omnipresent.

There is a middle ground. This is a case where one writer picked up a plot point from another writer who decided to use that plot point to write a meg-crossover confuse everything storyline and they should just depower Franklin and never return to this create universe stroyline ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Thinking about the first three issues of this new run. It seems like this is Slott proving that he can write the FF:

Issue 1 is to show that he can write heartfelt FF stories, Johnny and Ben, Dr Doom and Latveria.

Issue 2 is to show that he can write Reed, Sue, and the kids as well as crazy science adventures.

Issue 3 will be how he writes the team all together and how he (and Pichelli) handle the action.

It's all set-up and a ways to show how he'll handle the team. After issue 3 we'll properly get into his run and what he has in store for the team.

I'm excited for hopefully some great action next month.
    I think that all of this should be done in ONE issue.

Incredible Member

Byrnes art on FF is really good stuff apart from women and kids' eyes which just seem all over the place for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Skrulls are male and female?
    Well we’ve definitely seen male and female skrulls. If there’s more than that, we really don’t know. I would say the skrull rules for gender are very open and vast

Do the Fantastic Four (besides Ben) age normally? I know we've seen future's where they are old, but is that at a normal lifespan or an extended one due to cosmic ray shenanigans?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

No idea. I mean they did meet jfk once.

Hopefully they never have to meet trump though

I hope that Reed's facial hair stays, but will people start complaining that it's too close to Doc Strange? We'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that Reed's facial hair stays, but will people start complaining that it's too close to Doc Strange? We'll see.
    last time he cut it, Susan was bummed

http://comichron.com/monthlycomicssa...8/2018-08.html

Fantastic!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman