Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287
Results 4,291 to 4,303 of 4303
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yet you also have some complaints that Doom and Galactus are showing up for the next arc , plus the Silver Surfer and Fire Lord if the variant cover is any indication. But then variant covers frequently have little bearing on the story inside.

But I do also want to post the Alan Davis drawing here that I saw on Runaways' artist Kris Anka's Twitter. Davis used to do a lot of the covers for the Hickman run. I've not seen him doing much for Marvel lately though. I always liked his version of the FF.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-31-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Thanks for the information ... and the horrible reminder of the 90s. I will never understand why they decided to give Sue that costume, age up Franklin to be a Cable clone, give him a Stryfe in the form of Malice, and draw Hyperstorm with that costume. Also, Hyperstorm barely interacting with his parents.
    Haha, the understanding should come from the fact it was the 90s!

At least Sue had covered the boob window up by that point.

In seriousness though, I actually really like that DeFalco/Ryan run - outside of obvious 90s stuff, it had some really good driving character moments for everyone and Ryan's art never went to the well everyone else did in the 90s (outside of the boob window)
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yet you also have some complaints that Doom and Galactus are showing up for the next arc , plus the Silver Surfer and Fire Lord if the variant cover is any indication. But then variant covers frequently have little bearing on the story inside.
    Silver Surfer seems a very obvious choice in any FF/Galactus story. The big question here is how will Slott's latest run on Norrin be reflected in this arc? I liked this last version of Surfer with a more cerebral and fewer zap the big cosmic entity stories. And how Galactus is after all the Ewing/Ultimates stuff as well. Personally, the Timely Ultimates reprint didn't inspire me to pick up the series so I really don't care much. What I doi care about is the Slott/Surfer aftermath and the Galactus as Mr Wilson talking to Reed as Dennis' father about Franklin as Dennis. The impact of Galactus was that he was the FIRST lifeform of this universe and the last survivor of the previous. After Secret Wars and the recent escapades of the Richards family, Galactus seems rather mundane, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

In seriousness though, I actually really like that DeFalco/Ryan run - outside of obvious 90s stuff, it had some really good driving character moments for everyone and Ryan's art never went to the well everyone else did in the 90s (outside of the boob window)
    I don't think the DeFalco/Ryan run was great, but it was definitely underrated. Despite it trying (as did Thor) to look like Lee/Kirby, the creative team actually introduced new ideas and changed things around some. It was very good overall and obviously, points can be argued for or against on it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I don't think the DeFalco/Ryan run was great, but it was definitely underrated. Despite it trying (as did Thor) to look like Lee/Kirby, the creative team actually introduced new ideas and changed things around some. It was very good overall and obviously, points can be argued for or against on it.
    Honestly, I chalk up the Defalco run's quality to background politics at the time. He's not a bad writer since I'm a fan of his MC2 stuff. Hell, some of the stuff he did in his Fantastic Four run were used much better in MC2 like Teen Franklin, Hyperstorm, and elements of Fantastic Force.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I like that run too.

DeFalco and Ryan's F4 is good when Scott and Lyja are on the page and Franklin and Sue's costume aren't.

It also has one of the greatest panels in the history of comics that's simultaneously an accurate summary of the entire run.

20180812_121222.jpg
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    How dare they? Doom and Galactus! How could it be?

Jokes put aside, I hope that it will be a good story, probably stting things up for some long term. (I don't want the whole run to be about it of course! )

Just one thought- a bit silly in a way - I wonder why the FF didn't take the kids with them. Seriously : Val and Vic, Franklin and Galan? The next issues should show us all the extended family drinking tea and eating cupcakes!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

Just one thought- a bit silly in a way - I wonder why the FF didn't take the kids with them. Seriously : Val and Vic, Franklin and Galan? The next issues should show us all the extended family drinking tea and eating cupcakes!
    Of course the kids aren't getting involved. There would be no dramatic tension. Val would be with Doom while Galactus can be satisfied by Franklin with a snap of a finger.

Happy New Year fellow Fantastic Four fans!

Here's hoping for a great year for the team!
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-31-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I liked Sue's costume after the disaster that was the bathingsuit and boob window. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I liked Sue's costume after the disaster that was the bathingsuit and boob window. Haha.
    I like that one too.

On the costume thing, it's a shame Johnny will lose his individual yellow and black suit. I was kind of hoping each of them got an individual one to go with their usual blue team suits.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-01-2019 at 05:51 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The boob suit looks great on Nita though....
    Nita.jpg