Page 228 of 287 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4303
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The four monarchs could make for interesting stories. As we've seen when two of them often combine, we get interesting dynamics. They have some things in common and where you'd expect two people to agree, they sometimes differ greatly. But all four are loyal to their lands. I like this idea as well.
    I'm actually warming up to this idea as well; and if it will ever be called "Fantastic Force" then that name will be redeemed from obscurity. (Aside from that mini where the last heroes of Earth-807128 protected their new transplanted home in the 616 Universe.)
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

I wanted to share here to my Impressions on the New Fanstic Four #1 2018 Issue like I did on the Review Thread:

Can’t remember the last time at the end of a comic that I generally got the chills and goosebumps after seeing that 4!

I Seriously enjoyed this issue more than I though. It was very grounded in the story of Ben and Jonny so well, The side story was a nice add of the ideal of finding your way home cause of love your family and love of home!

Also the proposal was so very sweet and by what I know of the fantastic four, a long time in coming in the waiting for it!

Marvel has not been the same without the fantastic four, they are truly Marvel’s Royal Family and after so long it feels like everything is becoming whole again from Marvel!

I’m very happy as a fan of the fantastic four and Mostly for long time fans of fantastic four!

Excellent 1st Issue!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I wanted to share here to my Impressions on the New Fanstic Four #1 2018 Issue like I did on the Review Thread:

Can’t remember the last time at the end of a comic that I generally got the chills and goosebumps after seeing that 4!
    It was actually shot as a performance arts project from a student of Pratt University. FOOLED EVERONE. You will have to wait another 2 years before Reed and Sue show up or until Fox lets go of the movie rights.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    It was actually shot as a performance arts project from a student of Pratt University. FOOLED EVERONE. You will have to wait another 2 years before Reed and Sue show up or until Fox lets go of the movie rights.
    We get that you didn't like it, but you shouldn't rain on the parade of those that did.

Plus they literally said that they would be back next issue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm actually warming up to this idea as well; and if it will ever be called "Fantastic Force" then that name will be redeemed from obscurity. (Aside from that mini where the last heroes of Earth-807128 protected their new transplanted home in the 616 Universe.)
    I also think the lie up has enough of a instant draw factor due to the four characters involved it would likely be able to sell as an ongoing.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    We get that you didn't like it, but you shouldn't rain on the parade of those that did.

you make a fair point

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    LOL, What is another 2 More Years as long as in those 2 years they are back, Will be one HECK of an Adventure to get them Back.......Buckle Me in I am Ready!

Indeed I liked the Joke at the end with Impossible Man reacting the way fans did with the whole of the team not being together yet.

But IMO makes sense not to be fully together yet, we needed the jury of reunion and how it takes off 1st, so I thought the Issue was indeed Most Appropriate!

Also, Thanks for that Nice Comment Crimz and Also since you are one of the BIGGEST Fantastic Four Fans Around the Forums, even thought I am sure you gave a review already, I liked to ask what your Opinion was on Issue #1?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I cannot wait for September. The four will finally be reunited.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Indeed I liked the Joke at the end with Impossible Man reacting the way fans did with the whole of the team not being together yet.

But IMO makes sense not to be fully together yet, we needed the jury of reunion and how it takes off 1st, so I thought the Issue was indeed Most Appropriate!

Also, Thanks for that Nice Comment Crimz and Also since you are one of the BIGGEST Fantastic Four Fans Around the Forums, even thought I am sure you gave a review already, I liked to ask what your Opinion was on Issue #1?!
    Thanks! I wouldn't call myself one of the biggest as there are many who have read their books for longer and know a lot more than I do.

I enjoyed the issue, and while waiting another month isn't what I expected I understand why they did it. Having the team back in one issue would have been a disservice and too fast, a return like this needs set-up. I loved Ben proposing to Alicia, the funny flashback story of the team trying to get home, and big 4 at the end. It put a big smile on my face.

However, having had time to think on it there were problems. Like I think the price was ridiculous, The FF needs new fans and the book should give them the incentive to try it. Having such a high price does the opposite, plus it raises expectations that the team should be back together in a big way in this first issue. I believe people would be less disappointing if the book were normal priced or cheaper. This issue is a good way to get new readers up to speed on who the FF are and what's going on, but the price is simply just too high that it may put more people off.

I'm also personally not a fan of the Doom story. I didn't think it was bad at all, just that he shouldn't have his own story yet. Doom's popularity has gotten to the point where it takes away from the team, he is the only villain I know that is a lot more popular than the main characters. To the point where common phrase when it comes to the teams inclusion in the MCU is; "leave the team and just bring their villains". Part of the problem is the amount of focus he gets, if you compare the development the team has compared to him it's ridiculous. We know more about Doom and his motivations than we do about Sue and Johnny. He's had more solo's and mini's than each member of the team put together. I hope the Doom story isn't a sign of things to come.

Overall I liked it, but I can admit that it did have issues. Slott has definitely shown that he understands the Fantastic Four, especially Ben and Johnny, we'll see if he gets Reed and Sue next issue. So I'm cautiously optimistic about his run.

iMan 42s

Doom's story almost has no place. He could be making appearances in following issues, but if we're focusing on the (because poor literacy is kewl) Fantastix for the following issues, then I struggle to see what the point of this was.

It's almost as if Dan Slott wanted a fake out and then realizing that might not sell used Doctor Doom to help boost sales and the asking price. It wouldn't be the first time a Fantastic Four writer needed a Latverian bail-out.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Gross 10char

Thanks! I wouldn't call myself one of the biggest as there are many who have read their books for longer and know a lot more than I do.
    I usually do not speak well of anyone I don't see in a mirror, but Crimz, you are one of the most prolific, intellectual, and insightful posters for the FF on this board. Even in the rare circumstances where we disagree, I see your point. And you are loyal.