Page 266 of 287 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4303
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The reality is we're seeing 12 to 18 issue runs for many books with a lgy number keeping track of the historic run overall. I'm more inclined to look at this as more of a creator shift rather than a season-based approach to a series.
    I think we're getting a bit of both, currently leaning towards the books being marketed and sold as "Writer X's Hulk", "Artist Y presents Thor" etc. The trades are more and more being sorted according to writer, and Complete Collections almost always collect a writer's run. I think they're easing into the seasonal model and this is the transition phase. It's long overdue imo. The benefits greatly outweigh any negatives, I think.

Anyone think that Iceman's inclusion in the FF could be a result of Franklin getting some things wrong when stitching the universe back together? This may seem minor and fun at first but maybe this is the first sign that some things have been retconned/altered as a result of the FF's time outside the MU

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone think that Iceman's inclusion in the FF could be a result of Franklin getting some things wrong when stitching the universe back together? This may seem minor and fun at first but maybe this is the first sign that some things have been retconned/altered as a result of the FF's time outside the MU
    I think it's just a setup for an Untold Tales style flashback. Like the editors note said.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm not sure this was anything more than recognizing that Bobby's appearance in the last issue was a goof. Hence the "not canon" comment. There probably is an untold story there, but I doubt that Iceman was any indicator of a shift in history.

Now, this is an excellent opportunity to tweak a few things. That's certainly a possibility. there were so many aspects of early Marvel when "da commies" were the bad guys. With a sliding timeline, these can certainly be updated and continuity fans have an in-story reason.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

A nice article on Stan Lee co-creating the Fantasticar.

https://jalopnik.com/rip-stan-lee-wh...her-1830394552
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    A nice article on Stan Lee co-creating the Fantasticar.
    It's no Thanoscopter, but I'll take it.

Now that the team is back together here's how I view Slott's takes on the characters (it's still very early impressions as it's only 3 issues in):

Ben - He writes an awesome Ben, his strongest character imo.

Johnny - Writes a great Johnny, will have to see what he has planned for the character.

Reed - I like what little I've seen of his Reed so far. No complaints.

Sue - Hasn't done enough to get a good idea on how he writes her, have to wait and see.

Frank - With the 5 year gap there will be changes, but so far I really like Franklin. He's exactly how I think a teenage Franklin would be.

Val - She seems to have lost her edge, as a toddler she had this cold side to her that was reminiscent of Doom and made her interesting. But it's still early days and that "future mad scientist" vibe can show up again.

With the set-up almost done, I'm looking forward to see what stories Slott has in store for the team. I'm also really looking forward to cameo's and guest appearances in other books again.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Last edited by Crimz; 11-15-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The $2 jump is excessive. The book should be getting numbers to support a lower price selling more copies. Boo! Hiss!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Rich should have proofread his title to refer to the wedding issue which is #5 not #6. At any rate, I wonder if this is related to me tweeting Slott to add Stan to Ben and Alicia's wedding.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

This is great! I want more pages! MOOOOOOOOOOORE PAGES!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The $2 jump is excessive. The book should be getting numbers to support a lower price selling more copies. Boo! Hiss!
    At least they're treating this like an A-list title in terms of price I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Rich should have proofread his title to refer to the wedding issue which is #5 not #6. At any rate, I wonder if this is related to me tweeting Slott to add Stan to Ben and Alicia's wedding.
    Is there time for anything other than a few text simple graphic pages at this point to recognize Stan? There's only a little more than six weeks between Stan's passing and the book being on sale. This would be the best spot for something, but another two bucks for a memorial seems overly exploitive, even with the worst opinions of Marvel's business practices.

Marvel is also encouraging launch parties for Fantastic Four #5:

https://www.newsarama.com/42750-fant...h-parties.html

If anything could make up for the loss of readers and momentum between issues 2 and 3 it's this. Marvel seems to be trying their best with this issue which is nice.
    The price still bothers me, but the effort hasn't gone unnoticed.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-16-2018 at 10:36 AM.