Page 10 of 287 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I like it when Marvel makes Super Hero Squad parodies/homages of its classic covers, here being one example:
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I remember that one from the Super Hero Squad Show cartoon, as well as this one of the FF #243 cover too (for part two of the same storyline)...

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

I loved the Super Hero Sqaud Show. George Takei and James Marsters were pretty inspired choices for Galactus and Reed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post

I appreciate all Fantastic Four fans (even those I may disagree with more on certain aspects of the title, its team, and/or history), but I always, ALWAYS enjoy happening upon those who understand what Reed brings to the table, both as a FF member and leader AND denizen of the Marvel Universe. Even if Reed did not somehow, someway become my, unhesitantly, favorite FF member* at the near very start of my FF worship, I'd still be of the opinion that he has always been the most grossly underrated character, even before the Civil War mish-mash and earlier Illuminati doings (along with just plain terrible writing and handling, which is at the crux of the Civil War and early/circa Civil War/Planet and World War Hulk Illuminati poppycock) that have dreadfully maligned the man in the last decade. But even before all of that, Reed has always been misunderstood...if only I had a dollar for every time I've been asked 'Why Reed?' or 'Why is Reed your favorite?', and especially eleven years ago/before my way too long hiatus.

That said, my order of favorite members are #1. Reed, #2. Ben, and #3. Sue/Johnny. That's how much the core FF mean to me...I could never say Sue or Johnny are a least favorite. They all bring something uniquely theirs, and I could not imagine the FF title without any of those somethings.

Awwww...I wish I could answer 'Yes!' to your question Mantis, but I'm afraid the answer is no. What I have of Volume One alone has the following gaps...most of the Lee/Kirby run (during said hiatus, I stupidly sold most of the few Lee/Kirby issues I managed to obtain (FF #51, 61, 88, 89, 90, 96, 97), but thankfully kept FF #100 and Annual #3, and have added FF #34 and Annual #1 to that recently), quite a few of the early-mid 100's, and a good chunk of the 300's. The mediocrity (IMO) of the creative runs during those periods being what kept from being immediate in getting those issues. But I do plan to land them when I can...my completist goal is at least Volume One, if not all regular printed FF issues, with the only variants I want being those with art I like and holds personal meaning/value to me.
    Miss Fantastic, I had a monetary crisis in February and when I was at my lcs one Wednesday, there was a big-time dealer who stopped in to see what they had while on his way to
    a convention in either Florida or Georgia. I asked him what he was looking for, which was primarily Silver Age and other key Marvel books, and since I knew I was about to get desperate
    for cash, I agreed to show them to him the following week on his way back through. My initial thought was to sell him some good books, but keep most of them. I was thinking I would
    sell about $1500 worth, which would be a good chunk, but not do major damage to my collection. Well, he showed up ready to buy, and he went after my Amazing Spider-Man and Uncanny
    X-Men comics big time, some Journey Into Mystery and FF 2, 6, 9, 18, 20, 29, 30, 35, 45, 46, & 48-51, basically the heart of my collection. I made a lot more money than I planned, but I
    sold more than I planned too, and it made me sick to the stomach for a couple of days. I still haven't recovered my enthusiasm for collecting or really felt like reading my new comics
    every week since then. Just knowing I have to go back and buy those same books again is the most disheartening feeling after what it took to acquire all of them. I've still got FF 115-up,
    and only missing 112 & 114 from 100-up, but none of those early keys I had. I won't be satisfied until I replace everything I sold.

Oh, Pat...I'm quite sorry to read all of that. And needless to say, I know the feeling. Although, I'm very thankful the earliest issue I sold was FF #51, not FF #2...I know losing that, #6, and #9 must have made you very sick to your stomach. But I still hate myself for deciding to part with #51 (due to having a reprint of it in my Marvel coffee table book), because it is considered by not just FF fans, but casuals and even not-care-for-ers too, to be among the GREATEST comic book stories ever crafted, and the copy I had was quite possibly in Fine condition. Its cover certainly had the gloss that is not at all common with many an issue that age. The other later issues I can easily get back in their same conditions or similar...but that #51 stings a bit.

Anyways...anyone here enjoy Zen Pinball? Been doing nightly practice rounds on the FF table (my favorite, surprise surprise), and have managed my highest score to be 135 million thus far.

ETA: And unlike dudeman talking in the video, I like the fact that the FF and even Doom (at least when you make a regular skillshot), compliment your playing.
    Last edited by Maven; 05-19-2014 at 10:19 AM.

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

Anyways...anyone here enjoy Zen Pinball? Been doing nightly practice rounds on the FF table (my favorite, surprise surprise), and have managed my highest score to be 135 million thus far.
    I'm only at 105Mill.
    It's so addicting!

The other board I play a lot is Infinity Gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I loved the Super Hero Sqaud Show. George Takei and James Marsters were pretty inspired choices for Galactus and Reed.
    I too LOVE The Super Hero Squad Show, and consider it the last great entry made thus far in the entire cartoon genre. I wholeheartedly agree that Takei and Marsters were EXCELLENT as Galactus and Reed, and among the apexes of SHS' overwhelmingly awesome voice talent pool. Charlie Adler rocked as Dr. Doom too...and if any character really epitomized SHS' rather delicious sense of humor (which carries over into the uber-addictive Super Hero Squad Online game sibling, particularly with the heroes' power emotes (actions that can be performed in the non-mission zones) boss intros during missions), it was/is Doom, believe it or not.

Here's my favorite of the FF-centric episodes, even though Galactus is not in it.

Last edited by Maven; 05-19-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I'm only at 105Mill.
    It's so addicting!
    I don't know what's more addicting...Zen Pinball or Super Hero Squad Online. I also have Lego Marvel which I really and seriously need to pick back up. Especially as fun as Reed is to play in that along with the overall Legend of Zelda-esque nature of the game with the exploring, puzzles, and even heart meter.

The scary thing is that as good as my 135 million is, there's no telling how much better I could get with my practice and all of my high scoring games being the result of my having an incredible single ball/round, with the other two not amounting to much. If I can just get to where I can put together all three ball/rounds being solid and high scoring.

While I'm at it with this double post (something I try to avoid, but sometimes can't help), here's another FF-centric Super Hero Squad Show offering...this one featuring Galactus!

And the previous part is more than worth seeing as well.

BANNED

I remember that one from the Super Hero Squad Show cartoon, as well as this one of the FF #243 cover too (for part two of the same storyline)...

LOL! What a funny cover! Al Dente.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Although 90s was a mediocre era,i loved that in "Onslaught" event,F4 were the most appreciated heroes of MU.The inner thoughts and the awe that many X-men felt about the First Family it was my favorite point of this event.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

FANTASTIC FOUR #8
    JAMES ROBINSON (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A/C)
    ORIGINAL SIN TIE-IN!
    • BEN GRIMM: MURDERER?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

FANTASTIC FOUR #9
    JAMES ROBINSON (W) • DERLIS SANTACRUZ (A)
    Cover by LEONARD KIRK
    • Who is the new FRIGHTFUL FOUR?
    • Can REED prove BEN’S innocence?
    • And an adventure with the kids of the FUTURE FOUNDATION and the ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have to say Leonard Kirk is turning out to be the best regular artist the Fantastic Four has had for a while. Very dramatic cover of Ben there and then he switches to the somewhat whimsical style with the cover with the Future Foundation.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Oh, am I getting misty-eyed or what?! Johnny's flamed off, now it's Jim who's having an adventure with the kids.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Good covers, looking forward to the spotlight on the kids (but bring Val in to the fold dangit! )

A musing - but was it just Mike Allred was starting drawing Leech with such a clean, smooth head - or was that a trend that started earlier? I kinda miss the bumpy monstery-ness. I know I've seen his much earlier appearances in X-men books looking kinda gross, but I really liked Nick Dragotta's version of Leech in those later Hickman FF issues. Plus didn't Artie also used to have some kind of pattern on his head? Now Leech and Artie just look like green and pink versions (respectively) of each other.

Dragotta's version:

tumblr_m2c6ddzsk91r75lrlo1_1280.jpg