Page 100 of 287 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4303

Marvel must've done some sort of deal with Fox! The Skrulls are an FF enemy, right? Yet they're the villains of the Captain Marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Marvel must've done some sort of deal with Fox! The Skrulls are an FF enemy, right? Yet they're the villains of the Captain Marvel movie.
    I think they said in the past that they share the Skrulls with Fox, similar to the Maximoff twins and Watchers. Marvel just can't use the Super Skrull.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I wonder why they are willing to use the skrull now and not before. Or it is just a red herring? This rights bussiness is confusing.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think they said in the past that they share the Skrulls with Fox, similar to the Maximoff twins and Watchers. Marvel just can't use the Super Skrull.
    Yeah Marvel can use the Skrull race but not specific super-powered Skrulls like Super-Skrull or Power Skrull

BANNED

I'm glad we're finally going to get to see the Skrulls in a movie. I got tired of hearing about the Chitauri.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The Skrulls are far more a distinctive race, and they could have them tunr up in Infinity War's sequel and copy the Avengers powers, just not use the Super Skrull tag on them.

Every time I see an MCU trailer I get depressed that FOX haven't come to some sort of deal with Marvel. They have death grip on a property they obviously have no clue what to do with.

There are 3 options that are going on behind closed doors and both are depressing:

FOX refuses to negotiate at all and would rather cling to the property than see Marvel do it justice
    FOX is demanding more than Marvel is willing to give
    Marvel isn't even trying to get them back

The not knowing and powerlessness is what's most frustrating. The FF need to be in MCU otherwise they will never be merchandised and the security of their book (whenever it returns) will always be at threat.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-23-2017 at 02:31 AM.

BANNED

Every time I see an MCU trailer I get depressed that FOX haven't come to some sort of deal with Marvel. They have death grip on a property they obviously have no clue what to do with.

There are 3 options that are going on behind closed doors and both are depressing:

FOX refuses to negotiate at all and would rather cling to the property than see Marvel do it justice
    FOX is demanding more than Marvel is willing to give
    Marvel isn't even trying to get them back

The not knowing and powerlessness is what's most frustrating. The FF need to be in MCU otherwise they will never be merchandised and the security of their book (whenever it returns) will always be at threat.
    Usually I would have agreed with you until I saw Homecoming and heard Noah Hawley has signed on to a spinoff Fantastic 4 film. Marvel did not do Spiderman Justice compared to what Raimi did with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Usually I would have agreed with you until I saw Homecoming and heard Noah Hawley has signed on to a spinoff Fantastic 4 film. Marvel did not do Spiderman Justice compared to what Raimi did with the character.
    The situation with Spider-Man is different. He has had good, successful films that pleased both fans and the GA, the FF have never had that and only worsened with each consecutive film. You also may not like the film, but you can't say that Homecoming is a bad film or badly made like the FOX FF attempts. There is literally no way Marvel can mess up the FF worse than FOX have. Besides the Doom thing, FOX seems to be planning focusing on Franklin as well as putting Reed and Sue in the background. They obviously still have no clue how to do the Fantastic Four.

I'm also thinking of this in terms of them in merchandise outside of the films. Under FOX we will continue to have the FF treated like a dirty stain on Marvel's history that they are trying to scrub clean. There will be no cartoons, no toys, no video game appearances and the comic will always be on more fragile ground than other comics. Basically the situation with the FF currently will continue to happen, it needs to stop. FOX has lost all trust I have in them making a competent, good FF film while Marvel has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    You would be right if the first two Raimi's Spider Man movie were the only one we got. They sadly weren't. There were other three poooorly received movies. Not as bad as FF ones but really there is very few movies that could reach that level of...boredom and dumbness as Fan4tastic.
    Homecoming wasn't perfect, there were some issues here and there(I understand tha t lack of origin but there should be an uncle ben flashback) but is was quite a good and entertaining movie. It was fun with some great moments(ironically this could be said for most of superhero movies ALL superhero movies ). It really deserve a third place after Spider man 1(2nd place) and Spiderman 2(1st place)
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 07-23-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Mr Fantastic's Marvel Legends was revealed, all that's left is Ben.

http://marveltoynews.com/exclusive-m...res-sdcc-2017/

I wonder why these are being released when Marvel seems determined to squash the FF?

BANNED

Man I miss old reed, can't believe it's been 2 years now without the FF and soon since we've seen him and sue.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Mr Fantastic's Marvel Legends was revealed, all that's left is Ben.

http://marveltoynews.com/exclusive-m...res-sdcc-2017/

I wonder why these are being released when Marvel seems determined to squash the FF?
    I'd like to know that too. I've seen Sue's figure at Wal Mart and now they have the exclusive for Reed. Kind of a strange place to dump them I think. Their toy section is very small. That's probably the best sculpt of Reed I've seen and I have the Bowen mini bust.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd like to know that too. I've seen Sue's figure at Wal Mart and now they have the exclusive for Reed. Kind of a strange place to dump them I think. Their toy section is very small. That's probably the best sculpt of Reed I've seen and I have the Bowen mini bust.
    Funny that you should mention about seeing the Susan/Invisible Woman figure at WalMart there........for I've seen the same figure over at WalGreen's there......Maybe the Reed figure might be seen at a Target or Kmart soon........

.....Although it'll be awesome to all Four of the MARVEL LEGACY F4 Together as a set.....if that's Marvel/Hasbro's intentions, that is.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Funny that you should mention about seeing the Susan/Invisible Woman figure at WalMart there........for I've seen the same figure over at WalGreen's there......Maybe the Reed figure might be seen at a Target or Kmart soon........

.....Although it'll be awesome to all Four of the MARVEL LEGACY F4 Together as a set.....if that's Marvel/Hasbro's intentions, that is.
    Oooops.....that's a brain freeze. I did see the Sue Legends figure with HERBIE at WalGreens I still think it's an odd place for an exclusive. Target or Walmart would make more sense.