Page 103 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think they grew out of some of their rogues a long time ago and they still have plenty that can keep up. Trapster, Red Ghost, Mole man, Wizard and Puppet Master are all classic FF villains but they have been outgrown. None of them have posed a legitimate threat in years, but maybe one or two can be revamped a bit to be more dangerous. Diablo and Mad Thinker/Awesome android can still pose a threat if they get revamped a bit as there is still potential with their concepts.

There are plenty of alien, cosmic and inter-dimensional beings that would pose a threat to the Fantastic Four even if they increase in power. They shouldn't be held back those who can't keep up, the ones lacking either need to grow too or be left behind. I don't want Ben not being able to even take one hit from the Hulk just because Mole Man can no longer keep up.

Also, the FF need new villains anyway. Way too often are the old guard recycled to the point where it's boring. I don't need the 1000th story about Doom or Mole Man getting his moleloids to attack for some reason no one cares about.
    they'll need new ones if Doom continues killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they'll need new ones if Doom continues killing them.
    He's done them a favor in the long run, the ones he (and Captain America) killed are some of the ones holding them back.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Understanding FANTASTIC FOUR's Legacy & Possible Future

Hickman: "Disney need to buy Fox". LOL!

The FF clones should "wake",

BANNED

That interview is sad

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If someone could please arrange that Hickman takes over the running of Marvel Comics...

That article made me like Hickman even more.

I should bookmark it for whenever someone tries to say the FF can't resonate with today's audience.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Damn Hickman I agree can Hickman run Marvel comics?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

From all appearances, Marvel's reasoning for not publishing a FF comic is just plain BS. It's Ike Perlmutter, Joe Quesada and whomever else being extremely shortsighted and if I may say so, quite ignorant. Hickman and everyone else quoted in that article seems to have a better understanding of the characters and the readers than the people running that company.
    If they were half as intelligent as they think they are, they would show Fox how it's done...create a kickass Fantastic Four that not only resonates with the readers, stays true to the characters (something Fox hasn't done yet) but also makes money...it can be done. What's even more ridiculous is that Disney has proven it can be done and is in the process of doing with again with Incredibles 2...so what the bloody hell is Marvel's problem and why isn't someone at Disney standing up and saying "What the mouse ears guys???"

That's the point : As the text implies, create a kickass could become the Fantastic Four a property too much interesting to translate to movies, movies which Marvel studios will not profit. That is a poweful discouragement to a synergy driven enterprise, as Marvel is today. Think if the inhumans would have been sucessful, the X-men would had been reduced to a similar situation of the Fantastic four today. I know the Legacy rumours whispers of the (real) Reed Richards and family return, but that it not means an automatic new title for the fantastic four. Even worse, if the Richards return, Marvel could perfectly keep them apart in different teams has has been made with Ben and Johnny until now.

on a side note, the interview also made remember than Thor has been also several times absent from the Marvel universe, but I don't know if he has been so much time without any publication has the Fantastic Four.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    From all appearances, Marvel's reasoning for not publishing a FF comic is just plain BS. It's Ike Perlmutter, Joe Quesada and whomever else being extremely shortsighted and if I may say so, quite ignorant. Hickman and everyone else quoted in that article seems to have a better understanding of the characters and the readers than the people running that company.
    Without being a Marvel apologist, I think it's a good thing when the writers and editors understand the characters better than the people running the company. Business doesn't dictate what the FF do in the book, they dictate the existance of a book. Creative dictates content and creative understands content better than the business people.

That being said, where the F is an FF book? It's been over two years.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Damn Hickman I agree can Hickman run Marvel comics?
    I'd be happy if he just had time to write some Marvel comics. I'm a bit wary about writers returning to past successes because sometimes you can't repeat that same magic.
    But I would like to see him do this new Marvel Two in One.

Astonishing Member

In case you didn't know.....Yesterday was the Birthday for Artist MARK BAGLEY; whose works in addition to {of course} THE NEW WARRIORS, THUNDERBOLTS & AMAZING SPIDER-MAN also included his artistry on Jonathan Hickman's run on FANTASTIC FOUR.

art by Leandro Matos

Is that part of Two-In-One's primer pages?