Page 11 of 287 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Oh, am I getting misty-eyed or what?! Johnny's flamed off, now it's Jim who's having an adventure with the kids.
    This might be a great opportunity give Johnny a power up of some kind. I was thinking what if he has some latent power from being in the Negative so long? Something to do with dark energy maybe. I kind of like the idea of him being almost unkillable but Reed do something to get rid of those regenerative parasitic "bugs" that were placed inside him in the Negative Zone? Johnny has a power that can be very difficult to use. If he uses its full potential, it's bad for any bystanders. He has to be under full control or he could end up hurting someone. And a simple dousing of water can nullify his threat.

Check out what I very luckily (one of only two left, with the other having a rather nasty scratch on it) found today at a just opened Hobby Lobby in the mall ten miles from me!!

Absolutely adore the embossing on it and looks really cool near my desk.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

Adds Hobby Lobby to my list of stores to visit today.

AWESOME find, Miss F! Last time I was there they only had DC stuff.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Great Find Miss F! I would love to get something like that

There is no HobbyLobby near me, but I will look on line for it...love those old metal signs

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This might be a great opportunity give Johnny a power up of some kind. I was thinking what if he has some latent power from being in the Negative so long? Something to do with dark energy maybe. I kind of like the idea of him being almost unkillable but Reed do something to get rid of those regenerative parasitic "bugs" that were placed inside him in the Negative Zone? Johnny has a power that can be very difficult to use. If he uses its full potential, it's bad for any bystanders. He has to be under full control or he could end up hurting someone. And a simple dousing of water can nullify his threat.
    In theory, shouldn't Johnny still have access to the Cosmic Control Rod?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    That's what I was thinking, so I don't know if it's a case of he doesn't want to use it, or cannot presently use it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Adds Hobby Lobby to my list of stores to visit today.

AWESOME find, Miss F! Last time I was there they only had DC stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Great Find Miss F! I would love to get something like that

There is no Hobby Lobby near me, but I will look on line for it...love those old metal signs
    Thanks, ladies! Hobby Lobby is indeed wonderful and it's splendid to finally have one just ten miles away instead of fifty. I'd read elsewhere about HL having the metal Marvel cover sign/posters a couple of weeks ago, and was very, VERY thrilled to see HL is still carrying those very sign/posters, as well as some other Marvel and DC goodies. Most notably besides the sign/posters, they have wooden cover art pieces that are nicely sized, and a couple of FF ones (specifically of FF #47/"Beware The Hidden Land!" and FF #50/"The Startling Saga Of The Silver Surfer!") I've seen on eBay must have originally come from HL. Unfortunately, I didn't see any wooden FF covers today, just Avengers, Wolverine, and DC. But that's all the most reason to pop back in every couple of weeks or so and see if I can land the said pieces featuring FF #47 and/or FF #50, if not hopefully any others.

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Thanks, ladies! Hobby Lobby is indeed wonderful and it's splendid to finally have one just ten miles away instead of fifty. I'd read elsewhere about HL having the metal Marvel cover sign/posters a couple of weeks ago, and was very, VERY thrilled to see HL is still carrying those very sign/posters, as well as some other Marvel and DC goodies. Most notably besides the sign/posters, they have wooden cover art pieces that are nicely sized, and a couple of FF ones (specifically of FF #47/"Beware The Hidden Land!" and FF #50/"The Startling Saga Of The Silver Surfer!") I've seen on eBay must have originally come from HL. Unfortunately, I didn't see any wooden FF covers today, just Avengers, Wolverine, and DC. But that's all the most reason to pop back in every couple of weeks or so and see if I can land the said pieces featuring FF #47 and/or FF #50, if not hopefully any others.
    Didn't get to the shop this week. It's been a weird one. I'm contemplating whether or not I want to take on the Memorial Day sales frenzy.

Ooooh, the wooden ones sound nice too!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That's what I was thinking, so I don't know if it's a case of he doesn't want to use it, or cannot presently use it.
    Wow. How did I forget that, and his pet Annihilius?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Wow. How did I forget that, and his pet Annihilius?
    Presumably, there's no more pet Annihilus. We saw (what I'd say was a teen) Annihilus in FF as part of the team-up with Doom and Kang. I'd have to reread, but I don't think he had control of the rod (but would down the line if the plan was going to succeed).

But it's possible, I suppose, that Johnny can still control him.

Hobby Lobby sold comics? Heh. News to me, I've never actually went to one. Great find, Miss F!

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Hobby Lobby sold comics? Heh. News to me, I've never actually went to one. Great find, Miss F!
    Well, not really comics...but wooden and metal poster art featuring them. But yes, I highly recommend checking out Hobby Lobby to anyone who has one near them for any and all comic shrine enhancements.

Speaking of shrines...I've been very hard at work on the final stages of my FF shrine rehab project (got all FF (not counting nor bothering with general Marvel Universe) posters I lost eleven years ago back in just three months(!!)...even the Wizard mini ones(!!!), which I thought would be next to impossible to get back)...

And *does her best Karen Carpenter* I've only just begun.

Well, not really comics...but wooden and metal poster art featuring them. But yes, I highly recommend checking out Hobby Lobby to anyone who has one near them for any and all comic shrine enhancements.

Speaking of shrines...I've been very hard at work on the final stages of my FF shrine rehab project (got all FF (not counting nor bothering with general Marvel Universe) posters I lost eleven years ago back in just three months(!!)...even the Wizard mini ones(!!!), which I thought would be next to impossible to get back)...

And *does her best Karen Carpenter* I've only just begun.
    Haha, if only though.
    Love seeing your FF collection pics. Puts my measly bundle of posters to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    They do, actually. They sell little bundles of about 8 comics or so.

I shall!

And that's quite the impressive collection!

They do, actually. They sell little bundles of about 8 comics or so.
    Well, I certainly wish they'd start doing that at the Hobby Lobby here. It scares me to think that at a store like that, presumably, the comics are predominantly for those who like to do a craft called 'upcycling', which is basically taking old comics and cutting them up for decoupage, scrapbook, jewelry, and other various projects. Would definitely have to save the FF ones I don't have from that fate if any of them are spotted.

Ollie's is another store chain that is AWESOME for comic book goodies, both comics themselves (when the Ollie's near me opened last year, they had the $6 comic bundles with TONS of 70's, 80's, and 90's back issues) and toys/various collectibles. Thanks to them, I've managed to nab Reed, Johnny, and Doom Bonkazonks, Ben and Victor 'Hot Wheels', and a Super Hero Squad Thing car.

And that's quite the impressive collection!
    Merci beaucoup! If you think that's something...wait until my shrine rehab's completion!