Page 126 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4303
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Interesting how Victor will interact with Reed and Sue now.
    This is what I'm most interested in seeing when they all see each other inevitably.

He married a version of Sue and assumed Reed' s life. It has to be addressed. Reed probably will shrug it off, but she would want to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    This is what I'm most interested in seeing when they all see each other inevitably.

He married a version of Sue and assumed Reed' s life. It has to be addressed. Reed probably will shrug it off, but she would want to kill him.
    And took her and Reed's kids as his own. I can easily imagine Sue as being the most anti-Doom part of the FF.

The return is going to be big. I know it, you know it, Marvel knows it. But we, the fanatic fans want explanation how these characters will interact after they've save the multiverse. Outside of T'Challa and maybe a few others, no one remembers the details of Secret Wars. Realizing if Doom hadn't created Battleworld, we'd be dead is important. Doom realizing Reed and Qwen taking his work to the next level which he couldn't do, is important.

I know I'm reading far too much into this, but when Galactus comes to Reed talking about his kid like Mr. Wilson in Dennis the Menace, we know we're in something different. Damn, I want my FF.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    And took her and Reed's kids as his own. I can easily imagine Sue as being the most anti-Doom part of the FF.

The return is going to be big. I know it, you know it, Marvel knows it. But we, the fanatic fans want explanation how these characters will interact after they've save the multiverse. Outside of T'Challa and maybe a few others, no one remembers the details of Secret Wars. Realizing if Doom hadn't created Battleworld, we'd be dead is important. Doom realizing Reed and Qwen taking his work to the next level which he couldn't do, is important.

I know I'm reading far too much into this, but when Galactus comes to Reed talking about his kid like Mr. Wilson in Dennis the Menace, we know we're in something different. Damn, I want my FF.
    Me too! and I hope Marvel 2 in 1 is the opening chapter of their return. This would be something worthy of an event, not another hero vs hero war.

Just a side note: Remember, Doom and his royal consort had their own children who for the sake of the plot look like Reed and Sue's children. Maybe Doom was able to manipulate their appearances but they were not Val and Franklin. They died on the life raft that was destroyed during the final incursion, like Ben and Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too! and I hope Marvel 2 in 1 is the opening chapter of their return. This would be something worthy of an event, not another hero vs hero war.

Just a side note: Remember, Doom and his royal consort had their own children who for the sake of the plot look like Reed and Sue's children. Maybe Doom was able to manipulate their appearances but they were not Val and Franklin. They died on the life raft that was destroyed during the final incursion, like Ben and Johnny.
    Noted, but I don't see Sue being terribly concerned with those details. Creating children that look and act just like Val and Franklin would piss her off maybe more than a duplicate of her being a consort to Doom.

Well said!

(And I want Hickman back too. At least to write the special one-shot : The Return )

But we, the fanatic fans
    Sounds almost offensive, lol.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Well said!

(And I want Hickman back too. At least to write the special one-shot : The Return )
    Me too!

I forgot about this panel Abe. One of these days I have to go back and reread it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too!

I forgot about this panel Abe. One of these days I have to go back and reread it all.
    The panel is a simple way of showing just how cosmic and out there the FF and their adventures are. It's the combination of cosmic and family that makes the FF great. But you know I'm preaching to the choir here. Thanks for posting the actual panel, Abe. It's one of my favorite moments in FF history.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Noted, but I don't see Sue being terribly concerned with those details. Creating children that look and act just like Val and Franklin would piss her off maybe more than a duplicate of her being a consort to Doom.
    Agreed. And I still think marvel won't really touch upon all this as much as we want. I see something like Sue saying to Victor either "I know more than you think", or "I remember more than you think" and that will be all. Just a throw away line and everyone moves on.

I hope the FF book when they return will be very accessible to new readers, as that seems to be one the things that put possible new readers off. You usually need quite a bit of background knowledge on the team.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope the FF book when they return will be very accessible to new readers, as that seems to be one the things that put possible new readers off. You usually need quite a bit of background knowledge on the team.
    new readers are going to (pretty much) be in the same space, as the rest of us. I have no idea what Reed and Sue have been up to. they'll have to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    One of the beauties of the FF are the relative simplicity of the characters. It would only take a few pages to explain what the basic Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, Franklin, and Val are like. I'd bet some of my own money that there are going to be mysteries that will be explained as the first few arcs are published. That's pretty standard stuff. Reed's the brains, Sue's the mother, Johnny's the spirit, and Ben's the heart. Val and Franklin are kids. Val's the second smartest person on earth and on alternate weeks, Franklin is omnipotent, but otherwise a normal kid.

It's not hard to understand, but doing it well enough to make most of us happy can be a challenge. It's been two and a half years, marvel, I hope you've put some effort into this.

One of the beauties of the FF are the relative simplicity of the characters.
    the Incredibles are proof of that.

Has it really been that long? I truly miss them. They were the / my first and most loved.

Ign on how the spirit of the Fantastic Four are coming back to Marvel comics:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/2...-marvel-comics
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!