Page 127 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Val's the second smartest person on earth
    Smarter than everyone except Moon Girl? Come to think of it, Lunella got her title from defeating a Banner Box puzzle that Bruce thought was unsolvable. But shouldn't Reed be above him on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Ign on how the spirit of the Fantastic Four are coming back to Marvel comics:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/2...-marvel-comics
    I'm so pumped for this. Not having a Fantastic Four book and reading more and more Torch, Thing, and Doom on their own actually made me want this even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Smarter than everyone except Moon Girl? Come to think of it, Lunella got her title from defeating a Banner Box puzzle that Bruce thought was unsolvable. But shouldn't Reed be above him on the list?
    I take the list of "smarters" as being Lunella, Val, and Reed. Now as to how much smarter, who knows. And intelligence is being used as a one-dimensional metric here when it has many aspects to it. What does it really mean? Depends on the writer. But Reed's got a plethora of accomplishments and will continue to whip out stuff (right, Marvel, he will continue?) so he stays my go-to guy for this stuff and my fanboy pride remains unblemished. Yes, fanboy pride.

Ultimately that's what it comes down to. I can accept Reed not being number one. Val was the band-aid comng off a bit, but Lunella was ripping it off totally. The Duture Foundation concept was brilliant. Hell, it IS brilliant. With Ms Marvel, Squirrlel Girl, and Moon Girl breaking new ground with their demographics. FF should be the go to book for kids loving kids playing with STEM.

F4 is F4. Make it great, but FF is screaming to be HUGE. val, Lunella, Franklin. Do I seriously need to tap a wall against someone's head?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I take the list of "smarters" as being Lunella, Val, and Reed. Now as to how much smarter, who knows. And intelligence is being used as a one-dimensional metric here when it has many aspects to it. What does it really mean? Depends on the writer. But Reed's got a plethora of accomplishments and will continue to whip out stuff (right, Marvel, he will continue?) so he stays my go-to guy for this stuff and my fanboy pride remains unblemished. Yes, fanboy pride.

Ultimately that's what it comes down to. I can accept Reed not being number one. Val was the band-aid comng off a bit, but Lunella was ripping it off totally. The Future Foundation concept was brilliant. Hell, it IS brilliant. With Ms Marvel, Squirrlel Girl, and Moon Girl breaking new ground with their demographics. FF should be the go to book for kids loving kids playing with STEM.

F4 is F4. Make it great, but FF is screaming to be HUGE. Val, Lunella, Franklin. Do I seriously need to tap a wall against someone's head?
    ....And speaking of Lunella and {some of the members of} the F4; Today's Marvel.Com has the Sketchbook of the First Part of the FANTASTIC THREE Storyarc, beginning in MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #25.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ....And speaking of Lunella and {some of the members of} the F4; Today's Marvel.Com has the Sketchbook of the First Part of the FANTASTIC THREE Storyarc, beginning in MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #25.
    And I will be fanboy testing this to make sure that Johnny and Ben aren't freaked out by Lunella. These guys have not only been hanging with Reed forevah, but Valeria has gotten them used to a young girl being the smartest person in the room.

Ben's already a friend of Lunella's, they've teamed up before.

I have just started reading John Byrne's run on FF starting with #232. I did read the later ones at the time they were first published but it will be good to have a run of 50+ to get stuck into.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I have just started reading John Byrne's run on FF starting with #232. I did read the later ones at the time they were first published but it will be good to have a run of 50+ to get stuck into.
    I absolutely LOVE Byrne's run. I liked the FF from the moment I read my first issue, but his run is when I fell in love with them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Was thinking about purchasing Lobdell's Heroes Return volume of Fantastic Four... worth it?
    Last edited by cc008; 10-29-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I absolutely LOVE Byrne's run. I liked the FF from the moment I read my first issue, but his run is when I fell in love with them.
    Yes....there's no denying that Byrne's run was indeed one of the best of the F4 Series.

I'm not a fan of Byrne's art. Otherwise, I would love to try out his FF run.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Was thinking about purchasing Lobdell's Heroes Return volume of Fantastic Four... worth it?
    NO. It is complete trash.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    NO. It is complete trash.
    I appreciate the promptness and honesty.

How about the Jim Lee volume?
    Last edited by cc008; 10-29-2017 at 11:26 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    FABULOUS FANTASTIC FOUR RUNS!
    Chronologically

Stan Lee & Jack Kirby

John Byrne

Mark Waid

Jonathan Hickman
    Matt Fraction & Bagley and Allred
    James Robinson & Leonard Kirk

FAVORITE FANTASTIC FOUR RUNS!
    According to 5717 voters

1 John Byrne 28.0% 1599
    2 Jonathan Hickman 24.8% 1417
    3 Stan Lee and Jack Kirby 17.4% 995
    4 Mark Waid 10.1% 579
    5 Stan Lee 6.7% 383
    6 Mark Millar 2.5% 145
    7 Walt Simonson 2.1% 119
    8 Matt Fraction 1.8% 103
    9 Chris Claremont 1.2% 67
    10 Tom DeFalco 1.1% 65
    11 J. Michael Straczynski 0.9% 50
    12 Roy Thomas 0.7% 41
    13 Karl Kesel 0.6% 33
    14 Carlos Pacheco and Rafael Marin 0.5% 29
    15 Steve Englehart 0.4% 23
    16 Marv Wolfman 0.4% 21
    17 Gerry Conway 0.3% 16
    18 Carlos Pacheco and Jeph Loeb 0.3% 15
    19 Scott Lobdell 0.2% 14
    20 Doug Moench 0.1% 3

COLLECTED EDITIONS

Fantastic Four Omnibus v1 Lee & Kirby
    Fantastic Four Omnibus v2 Lee & Kirby

Fantastic Four Omnibus v1 John Bryne
    Fantastic Four Omnibus v2 John Bryne

Fantastic Four Omnibus v1 Jonathan Hickman

Thing () by Dan Slott
    Thing Freakshow
    Fantastic Four Unstable Molecules
    Fantastic Four 1234
    Fantastic Four True Story

RECOMMENDATIONS

LINKS

Jason Young's Fantastic Four 9 Project

The Science of Reed Richards

The Ever-Lovin Blued-Eyed Thing Appreciation

Dr. Doom Appreciation
    What Millar did with the hooded man was "uncanny." I was totally surprised. And the way he wrote Johnny was much appreciated. I felt he really emphasized the Torch's speed.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I appreciate the promptness and honesty.

How about the Jim Lee volume?
    Ack! Sorry, my bad. I thought you were asking about this earlier. (That's what I get for trying to do two things at once)

Heroes Reborn is NOT trash. It's good. FF v2 by Jim Lee is trash. The art is nice, but the story is garbage.

BTW, if you're looking for a different take on the FF, you might like Ultimate FF. There's some good stories in that volume.