Page 14 of 287 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have that deck of cards too but I think mine might be slightly different. Gotta home and check them out again. Another deck of cards that I picked up from the Marvel freebie table at the inaugural C2E2 comiccon in Chicago is a deck of cards of the Superhero Squad. Many of them are homage covers of Fantastic Four issues but using the Squaddies instead.

Miss F I also picked up the Wonder Years too and I thought it was very sad that the author died before it was published IIRC. The Jack Kirby Collector is great also and our friend Sean Kleefeld still contributes a column. I also have a copy of Back Issue magazine where they interviewed a lot of the more well known FF writers in a round table discussion. I will let you know the issue number if you are interested since you probably might be able to order it still or get the PDF version. Twomorrows is great about that. You can get the PDF for around $3.00 of just about all of there fine magazines.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-06-2014 at 02:42 PM.

BANNED

Good news from today's Axel in Charge.
    Looks like the Four are safe and one of em' will be at the center of a huge event.

There has been a lot of talk in the industry this week about the possible future of "Fantastic Four." Last week, CBR published a report saying the books may be taken off the table stemming from issues with 20th Century Fox, who hold the rights to FF films, following an initial report by Bleeding Cool. What can you can say on the record about the matter?

Alonso: The Fantastic Four -- Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben -- are a vital part of the Marvel Universe, and we have no plans to change that. James Robinson has exciting plans for them in the immediate future -- starting with the "Original Sin" tie-in story -- and we are continually devising plans to use them in new and surprising ways in the vast landscape of the Marvel Universe, like we do with any Marvel character; in fact, we already know that one of [the FF] will be a huge player in a universe-spanning event down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Looks like the Four are safe and one of em' will be at the center of a huge event.
    Well, that's a relief. I was getting tired of the doom and gloom surrounding our favorite family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Well, that's a relief. I was getting tired of the doom and gloom surrounding our favorite family.
    In the Axel thread the gloom and doom continues sadly.
    Ugh.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

In the Axel thread the gloom and doom continues sadly.
    Ugh.
    If all Evidence is Pointing Towards the FF being ok, then Indeed they will be ok. I can understand caution and wondering if Marvel is hiding the truth, but more the more comes out to say that is not the case. So Doom and Gloom does not seem to equal the Facts that have come out so far.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Great to hear. While bit random I always felt Sandman would have made an interesting sub member to the Fantastic Four than as a member of the Avengers.
    He has had history with team from the Frightful Four, almost killing Richards, and having Miller time with Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Miss F I also picked up the Wonder Years too and I thought it was very sad that the author died before it was published IIRC. The Jack Kirby Collector is great also and our friend Sean Kleefeld still contributes a column. I also have a copy of Back Issue magazine where they interviewed a lot of the more well known FF writers in a round table discussion. I will let you know the issue number if you are interested since you probably might be able to order it still or get the PDF version. Twomorrows is great about that. You can get the PDF for around $3.00 of just about all of there fine magazines.
    I don't think I have that Back Issue magazine...so yes, the number for that would be most appreciated, IM. I do have the issue, #38, that focuses on Byrne's FF run, complete with a Thing cover by Byrne paying homage to Norman Rockwell's "The Runaway".

Be it soon or a little later before the end of the year, there is a Back Issue coming up that will feature an article or two about the 80's FF...looking very, VERY forward to that. I too love the PDF/digital copy feature at TwoMorrows...took advantage of it very recently when I ordered not only Lee/Kirby The Wonder Years, but also the accompanying Jack Kirby Collector #60 and a digital copy of #33 (the print copy I've had since its release in 2001). The digital copies are especially nice to have if you decide to frame your print copies to show off the wraparound covers, like I did with JKC #33 and #60.

I really was not too worried from the get-go about these rumors...the more that came out, the more it read to be nothing more than fear mongering and attention drumming. To clear the FF out of everything and not just the title (although that would certainly be bad enough, especially if Robinson does end up wrapping up the current story in a manner that gets me to finally like it) like the rumors made the threat sound like would be nothing short of stupidly ridiculous. In Super Hero Squad Online alone, although the Core Four don't have a bajillion variants (which makes me all the more proud to play as them when I do), they and their allies and enemies (several of whom are actually playable, including Doom, Super-Skrull, and Impossible Man) make up a sizable chunk of the game, right down to one of the four main zones (Baxter Plaza) and ten missions (thirteen if you count the Crisis versions). Something like the rumors were suggesting would definitely have Gazillion scrambling, as well as not announce that they're going to release Reed to complete the FF in Marvel Heroes pretty soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Great to hear. While bit random I always felt Sandman would have made an interesting sub member to the Fantastic Four than as a member of the Avengers.
    He has had history with team from the Frightful Four, almost killing Richards, and having Miller time with Ben.
    Oooh! Celebrity post! Hi Bentley (or Vic?)! *waves*
    Last edited by Maven; 06-06-2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: A couple of addendums.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Heroes Keep an Eye on Toronto from Neighborhood Watch Signs!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...d-watch-signs/

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

That's fantastic!

BANNED

One day I will own one of these nifty black light posters Marvel put out back in the day.
    Miss F, do you have any in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    I don't think I have that Back Issue magazine...so yes, the number for that would be most appreciated, IM. I do have the issue, #38, that focuses on Byrne's FF run, complete with a Thing cover by Byrne paying homage to Norman Rockwell's "The Runaway".

Be it soon or a little later before the end of the year, there is a Back Issue coming up that will feature an article or two about the 80's FF...looking very, VERY forward to that. I too love the PDF/digital copy feature at TwoMorrows...took advantage of it very recently when I ordered not only Lee/Kirby The Wonder Years, but also the accompanying Jack Kirby Collector #60 and a digital copy of #33 (the print copy I've had since its release in 2001). The digital copies are especially nice to have if you decide to frame your print copies to show off the wraparound covers, like I did with JKC #33 and #60.
    Nice that you two mentioned Back Issue. I've read some issues of it last year, and I've become such a fan of it, especially with how much they honor comic history. I wish I could read those FF issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!! I would honestly just about kill to have one of those duplicated for my (just about complete...just a couple of more minute details left) FF shrine. Love that use of the FF from the iconic FF #49, Volume One cover.

One day I will own one of these nifty black light posters Marvel put out back in the day.
    Miss F, do you have any in your collection?

I don't...but believe me, I certainly wish I did, Alvarez. The Third Eye FF posters, as well as their entire Marvel line, just about all fetch a pretty penny. There was a Third Eye poster of the FF Annual #5 pinup recently on eBay that went for at least $700.

Nice that you two mentioned Back Issue. I've read some issues of it last year, and I've become such a fan of it, especially with how much they honor comic history. I wish I could read those FF issues. :-)
    Rozen, if you head over here and have the moolah, you can order back issues of Back Issue, print and digital (if you order the print copy, you get the digital for free), and catch up on all of the FF ones you've missed, such as #38.

The upcoming issue of Back Issue I mentioned earlier, #74, will see release next month, and looks to be a MUST GET for all FF fans! Every last article with be FF-centric, with the focus being on not just the 80's, but the 70's too for our cosmic radiated friends.
    Last edited by Maven; 06-07-2014 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Tidying.

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

Challengers Of The Fantastic! Easily my favorite of the Marvel/DC Amalgams during the late 90's, as well as amongst my top FF one-shots alongside the aforementioned FF Chronicles, FF Roast, and FF Special #1 (alias "My Dinner With Doom").
    Last edited by Maven; 06-08-2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Fixer-upper.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    I have those cards! Got them off eBay for about $7 (did a dollar better than me) just before Christmas last year. Particularly love how A LOT of the art used on the cards, not all but a lot, is Jack Kirby. Although I think Doom should have been utilized on the joker cards instead of a few of the regular 52.
    The Impossible Man should have been the Joker card! I am disappointed that there was no Namor, even a cover, but it's nice to be so focused on the FF. I also like how each suit is a member, so Sue gets Hearts, Johnny gets Clubs, Reed gets Spades, and Thing gets Diamonds.

I want those cards so bad!!!
    Like Miss Fantastic said, they are on eBay, and I've seen them on Amazon. But I'd check book stores or any place that sells Marvel stuff. 2nd and Charles is owned by Books a Million, so if you have one of them around, check there.

I have that deck of cards too but I think mine might be slightly different. Gotta home and check them out again. Another deck of cards that I picked up from the Marvel freebie table at the inaugural C2E2 comiccon in Chicago is a deck of cards of the Superhero Squad. Many of them are homage covers of Fantastic Four issues but using the Squaddies instead.
    That sounds cool! I haven't seen those for sale. May have to start checking eBay.