Page 147 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 4303

Sadly, I imagine he'll hear about the announcements, but not actually get to see the films or do his customary cameos. He is in his 90s, so isn't going to be with us much longer.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Stan Lee cameos will continue as CGI long after he's either decided he can't do them anymore, or he's passed away.

They are a staple, and I reckon Stan would get a huge kick out of knowing he'll always be there
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

They are back, this Is a dream
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Constantin may still have some rights and they were always listed as one of the producers with Fox distributing. It's not clear yet what their status is in this new structure. I wouldn't be surprised of Disney somehow squeezes them out of the picture. They don't need them for anything and can do better themselves. Constantin will need Disney more than Disney needs them. They just don't have the resources now with Fox out of the loop.
    I've read somewhere that what happened was that Constantine actually sold all the rights to Fox and they kept distribution rights for Austria and Germany. Still the contracts aren't public. But they will be in the MCU since Iger himself confirmed it. James Gunn appears to be interested in Silver Surfer. I really think he should direct a FF movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I loved 1234. Of course it fulfilled something of my fantasy about Sue 's infatuation with Namor. Clearly not much in continuity which is okay. Wonder if they'd ever have a sequel, prob not.
    I really like this series too, it's so silver agey. I'm looking foward to read Unstable Molecules did anyone read it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoletta View Post
    I'm looking foward to read Unstable Molecules did anyone read it?
    It's pretty old. 2003 or so, was it? But yeah, I've read it. It was depressing, really. Good but... depressing...

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    It's pretty old. 2003 or so, was it? But yeah, I've read it. It was depressing, really. Good but... depressing...
    I liked it.The thing about this is the team as is isn't an original idea. DC had two other teams (Cave Carson and Sea Devils) identical to the FF already being published and a third (Rip Hunter) pretty close. It's a good combination of characters and relationships.

A scientist, his GF, the scientist's brawny buddy, and her little brother. DC did it first (and second and third), but Lee and Kirby made it succeed beyond their dreams.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I liked it.The thing about this is the team as is isn't an original idea. DC had two other teams (Cave Carson and Sea Devils) identical to the FF already being published and a third (Rip Hunter) pretty close. It's a good combination of characters and relationships.

A scientist, his GF, the scientist's brawny buddy, and her little brother. DC did it first (and second and third), but Lee and Kirby made it succeed beyond their dreams.
    Wasn't there Challengers of the Unknown as well? But yeah, in the end I suppose what set F4 apart was the human element. It wasn't just a pulpy sci-fi comic.

One could argue that the FF at first were Kirby continuing his Challengers of the unknown under disguise. Thus the first costumes - still jump suits but blue instead of purple - delayed a few months till the third issue. Of course the FF were so much more than the Challengers with lame super-powers already seen many times added. Magic formula.

(I love the idea of Kirby continuing the same work within different books : CotU, FF, then Thor when he had troubles with Stan's appropriation of the Surfer, then his Fourth World which should have taken place after a Marvel Ragnarok... I haven't read it but Captain Victory seems to be the following of the Fourth World. I like to think that Eternals is in a way linked to this great hidden Saga as his very weird interpretation of interpretation of 2001... )

I love FF1234. Great writing and absolutely wonderful art. I wasn't aware of the existence of that Unstable Molecules series until now. It seems quite interesting. Who knows, in the world wide fever surrounding the return of the FF maybe they will reprint it among other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Wasn't there Challengers of the Unknown as well? But yeah, in the end I suppose what set F4 apart was the human element. It wasn't just a pulpy sci-fi comic.
    The Challs were probably closer in tone storywise (although I might argue the underwater and time adventures), but the series I mentioned had the exact same cast dynamics. The Challs had no family or romantic relationships between them as the others did (except no brother/sister in Rip Hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I love FF1234. Great writing and absolutely wonderful art. I wasn't aware of the existence of that Unstable Molecules series until now. It seems quite interesting. Who knows, in the world wide fever surrounding the return of the FF maybe they will reprint it among other books.
    It's a personal real life take on the characters and relationships. Future minis were noted in the original series, but I'm not sure if they were jokes or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

Isn't Rip Hunter more like Doctor Who? Bear in mind that DW originally also was four people travelling together.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Rip Hunter more like Doctor Who? Bear in mind that DW originally also was four people travelling together.
    Scientist (Rip, Reed), scientist's GF (Bonnie Baxter, Sue Storm), scientist's buddy (Jeff Smith, Ben Grimm), GF's kid brother (Corky Baxter, Johnny Storm)

The casts were identical. And Rip and the FF both preceded DW.

Yeah, I know. By four and two years respectively, isn't it? Somehow I doubt the BBC knew about Rip Hunter when they invented the Time Lord...

And yeah, I was just thinking "four people in a time machine" when I made that comparison. Didn't realise about the character archetypes.