Page 15 of 287 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Heroes Keep an Eye on Toronto from Neighborhood Watch Signs!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...d-watch-signs/

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    That's fantastic!
    Of course, it's FANTASTIC, it's the Fantastic Four!

And truly, that is a beyond awesome sign.

Thought I'd share some of my birthday haul. I'll have to wait a while for the Byrne omni and some other things, but I did get the first HC volume of Waid's run and this excellent Art Adams poster, so it evens out.

Last edited by Sprite; 06-09-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    BTW, a belated Happy Birthday! to Marv Wolfman, who turned 68 yesterday, and did what I consider to be one of THE BEST multi-issue FF epics EVER, which culminated with the GREATEST Reed/Doom battle royale EVER.

I love that 200th issue. Doom vs. Mr. Fantastic. Reed was never better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Thought I'd share some of my birthday haul. I'll have to wait a while for the Byrne omni and some other things, but I did get the first HC volume of Waid's run and this excellent Art Adams poster, so it's evens out.
    (A belated) Happy Birthday, Rozen AND already a sweet haul thus far!! I love that Art Adams poster...got it next to my desk along with the poster of this GREAT Mike McKone piece, as done to cover Fantastic Four #527.

Also, although I'm more give than take about the Waid/Wieringo run, I've always adored Wieringo's FF #60, Volume Three origin cover since it was first leaked to the Internet.

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Finally completed my FF shrine!!

Found a cool use for my back issues that I no longer have to open up thanks to my 44 Years of the FF DVD-Rom, and did the final tier of that decorating today.

(No worries, the issues remain in their bags and boards.)

More in-depth pics to come soon! :-)

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Got some Byrne-era lovin' with that super poster there, Miss F. Now is it possible to skin Windows and replace the logo with the "4" logo?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Great set up!

Thanks gentlemen! We have to agree to disagree on certain supporting characters at the end of the day, week, month, year, etcetera, but we can most certainly agree upon that the FF are the best! And I'm glad y'all like what you see thus far...if you think that's something, wait until you see the rest of it sometime by the end of this week!

BANNED

but we can most certainly agree upon that the FF are the best!
    Aint it the truth.
    End of the day it's the Fantastic Four that bring us together.

The FF #296 ("25th Anniversary Issue") from 1986... that would make for a good animated story. http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...four_296.shtml

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

A belated Happy Birthday to you Rozen and that is some nice fan loot you picked up.

Miss F I finally remembered to look for that Back Issue with the interview with comics creators and their thoughts about the Fantastic Four. It is in issue #7 dated December 2004...I didn't realize it came out that long ago! I think it was still on the Twomorrows site for a while though when I happened to buy it after hearing about it from someone posting about it IIRC. It was a roundtable discussion lead by Peter Sanderson, who contributed an article in FF #375 IIRC. The participants are; Stan Lee, John Byrne, Tom Brevoort, Mark Evanier (contributing things he gleaned over the years as a friend of Jack Kirby), Karl Kesel, Paul Ryan,Chris Claremont, Kurt Busiek, Rich Buckler, Len Wein, Gerry Conway, Roy Thomas, Alex Ross, Mark Waid, Roger Stern, Jerry Ordway (loved his recent contribution of the page of Malice in last month's FF) Tom DeFalco, Steve Englehart, Walt Simonson, Steve Rude and Marv Wolfman.

They still have copies of it for sale: Issue #7

And I should pick up this issue also, with a cover story (cover by Keith Pollard) about the FF in the 70s and 80s: Issue #74

Found a cool use for my back issues that I no longer have to open up thanks to my 44 Years of the FF DVD-Rom, and did the final tier of that decorating today.

Nice but be careful that those comics don't fade in direct light.

Dang! Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Nice but be careful that those comics don't fade in direct light.
    Well then, my walls may as well be bare. Direct light hurts any AND everything printed/containing ink, including posters, that's in it for long periods of time...and I ensure that everything is where it can't be harmed. If I feel it is, it gets moved to a better place. And also, I guess comic stores shouldn't display their wares (and usually the oldest and rarest ones) on their walls, should they?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    A belated Happy Birthday to you Rozen and that is some nice fan loot you picked up.

Miss F I finally remembered to look for that Back Issue with the interview with comics creators and their thoughts about the Fantastic Four. It is in issue #7 dated December 2004...I didn't realize it came out that long ago! I think it was still on the Twomorrows site for a while though when I happened to buy it after hearing about it from someone posting about it IIRC. It was a roundtable discussion lead by Peter Sanderson, who contributed an article in FF #375 IIRC. The participants are; Stan Lee, John Byrne, Tom Brevoort, Mark Evanier (contributing things he gleaned over the years as a friend of Jack Kirby), Karl Kesel, Paul Ryan,Chris Claremont, Kurt Busiek, Rich Buckler, Len Wein, Gerry Conway, Roy Thomas, Alex Ross, Mark Waid, Roger Stern, Jerry Ordway (loved his recent contribution of the page of Malice in last month's FF) Tom DeFalco, Steve Englehart, Walt Simonson, Steve Rude and Marv Wolfman.

They still have copies of it for sale: Issue #7

And I should pick up this issue also, with a cover story (cover by Keith Pollard) about the FF in the 70s and 80s: Issue #74
    Thank you, IM! I may just go ahead and pick up those issues tonight. They'll make for a nice shrine completion celebratory stash alongside this...

...for only $12 on eBay, including shipping AND from the UK, which, as the video says, is your best bet for finding and getting the FF Pop-Up book!!

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    Dang! Nice!
    Muchas gracias!

ETA: And Back Issue #'s 74 and 7 are officially mine...scanning through the digital copy for #7 (#74 is a pre-order and not officially released yet) right now.
    Last edited by Maven; 06-11-2014 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Addendum.

BANNED

Oooh! Celebrity post! Hi Bentley (or Vic?)! *waves*
    Wow those two are hacking into my account, awesome! But seriously I'm big fan of Reed, oh and happy belated birthday!