Page 157 of 287 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4303
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I really liked McDuffie's run. The ironic thing is that Tom Brevoort had asked him to write the Fantastic Four for a few issues before Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch, the Wonder Boys of that time, were to take over the Fantastic Four. I think he ended up writing more issues than planned because Millar and Hitch weren't ready for some reason. I much preferred McDuffie's run with artist Paul Pelletier. McDuffie also cleaned up the mess Millar made of Reed's characterization in Civil War. But not all of it got fixed IMO. There was little shown of Ben or Reed mourning over the loss of their friend Bill Foster, who was just dumped in a big ditch and wrapped in a tarp with chains. Or how Reed would be OK with putting heroes along with villians in a Negative Zone prison.

I really don't understand why they continue to have this embargo on showing Reed and Sue on panel in the present like they did with Val and Franklin in Legacy #1. What's the harm in showing them now that the deal is in progress? Is that ogre Ike Perlmutter still angry for some reason??

I absolutely agree with you on the fact that they didn't entirely fix the damage CW did to Reed's character. I think with the Negative Zone prison it was highly implied in Hickman's run that it had been closed given Johnny's prolonged stay while being presumed dead. As for the Bill Foster death, yeah...given that the character will be showing up in the new "Ant Man and the Wasp" film this year, I would be really surprised if it wasn't undone at some point in the near future.

That unfortunately seems to be the best solution to bad plotlines or mis-characterizations - the future writers simply ignore them as if the stories never happened.

I think the embargo on the FF is technically over, although given what i consider to be a sharp downward trend in quality of Zdarsky's MTIO "Fate of the Four" story, I'm hoping that they wait to give a renewed Fantastic Four title to a better writer.

Quote Originally Posted by dmhaight View Post
    I absolutely agree with you on the fact that they didn't entirely fix the damage CW did to Reed's character. I think with the Negative Zone prison it was highly implied in Hickman's run that it had been closed given Johnny's prolonged stay while being presumed dead. As for the Bill Foster death, yeah...given that the character will be showing up in the new "Ant Man and the Wasp" film this year, I would be really surprised if it wasn't undone at some point in the near future.

That unfortunately seems to be the best solution to bad plotlines or mis-characterizations - the future writers simply ignore them as if the stories never happened.

I think the embargo on the FF is technically over, although given what i consider to be a sharp downward trend in quality of Zdarsky's MTIO "Fate of the Four" story, I'm hoping that they wait to give a renewed Fantastic Four title to a better writer.
    I think Zdarsky is doing really well, the only thing that I'm not a fan of is the reveal of their powers being linked. Other than that small thing, it's a great book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think Zdarsky is doing really well, the only thing that I'm not a fan of is the reveal of their powers being linked. Other than that small thing, it's a great book.
    A) What they said
    B) QFT
    C) This
    D) All of the above

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmhaight View Post

I'm liking it so far even thought I'm not a big fan of the idea of them losing their powers during periods of separation. How long was Johnny considered dead for example while he was in the Negative Zone? They all should have seen a power depletion then. On top of that it wasn't that long ago that Fraction had them losing their powers not that long ago too. But I agree with Crimz that as long as it reunites the FF I'll go along with it.

Speaking of Johnny, does he still have all those bug things inside of him from when he died? Or was anyone that "died" during the last incursion remade to their original bodies? So confusing.

I'm liking it so far even thought I'm not a big fan of the idea of them losing their powers during periods of separation. How long was Johnny considered dead for example while he was in the Negative Zone? They all should have seen a power depletion then. On top of that it wasn't that long ago that Fraction had them losing their powers not that long ago too. But I agree with Crimz that as long as it reunites the FF I'll go along with it.

Speaking of Johnny, does he still have all those bug things inside of him from when he died? Or was anyone that "died" during the last incursion remade to their original bodies? So confusing.
    I thought those bugs were only a tool used to patch him up. I didn't think they stayed in his body.

When are we going to finally find out what this awesome art was for?

I want Sue and Reed back right now, but also too many characters are coming back right now that it would undermine their return. It's pretty frustrating. Two-in-One is just about scratching that FF itch, but it can only do so for so long.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-22-2018 at 06:00 AM.

BANNED

When are we going to finally find out what this awesome art was for?

Looks like June from the may solicitations

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Looks like June from the may solicitations
    Yeah, the solicits make things sound like they'd be wrapped up in Two-in-One by issue 6, which is exciting. But didn't Zdarsky say that the story wraps up by issue 10 and that there are 12 issues planned in total?

If June is when things happen then I guess we'll find out over the next month. I need to try and not get my hopes up.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-22-2018 at 06:10 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, the solicits make things sound like they'd be wrapped up in Two-in-One by issue 6, which is exciting. But didn't Zdarsky say that the story wraps up by issue 10 and that there are 12 issues planned in total?

If June is when things happen then I guess we'll find out over the next month. I need to try and not get my hopes up.
    He could have been lying tbf

Bleeding cool are saying June for fantastic four #1 by either chip or Hickman!!!!

Posted this in the Doom appreciation thread so might as well add it here
    Marvel 2 in One for May....kind of a spoilery cover by Jim Cheung and he's getting the credit on the interiors. Yay!

MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A/C)
    Deadpool Variant Cover by Gerald Parel
    THE FATE OF THE FOUR – REVEALED AT LAST!
    A mad final gambit against the death of a universe! Ben and Johnny join forces with familiar friends, but will DOOM ruin everything? THE FATE OF THE FOUR will be determined here!

variant Deadpool/Thing cover

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-22-2018 at 11:33 AM.

I'm only assuming it WILL be happening.

But, Marvel running MTIO along with FF for a few months would be a good idea to test the acceptance of two FF books out there. The FF fans are obviously picking up Fate of the Four, but will they all stick around afterwards, particularly if the FF 646 is published? I hope so.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

It's finally here! Marvel is releasing the last Masterworks that bridges the gap through Byrne's run:

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 20 HC
    Written by DOUG MOENCH with JOHN BYRNE & ROGER STERN
    Penciled by BILL SIENKIEWICZ with JOHN BYRNE, GEORGE PEREZ, TOM SUTTON, JOE SINNOTT & AL MILGROM
    Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    The Fantastic Four has always been the home for Marvel’s biggest ideas and most creative concepts. It’s a tradition founded by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby — and now, Doug Moench and Bill Sienkiewicz carry the torch (no pun intended) forward in this amazing Masterworks! Giant monsters invade New York! A possessed Franklin Richards threatens all reality with his immeasurable power! The FF join Captain Marvel in a cosmic war against the Skrulls, drawn by George Pérez! Doctor Doom retakes Latveria! A lost race of technologically advanced Vikings, powered by a blind god’s tears, needs the FF’s aid! And a trip to the great outdoors ain’t no picnic when alien brain parasites attack! The legendary John Byrne makes his writer/artist debut, and so much more! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #219-231 and ANNUAL #15.
    320 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91027-3
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 20 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 264 (DM ONLY)
    320 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91028-0
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Posted this in the Doom appreciation thread so might as well add it here
    Marvel 2 in One for May....kind of a spoilery cover by Jim Cheung and he's getting the credit on the interiors. Yay!

MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A/C)
    Deadpool Variant Cover by Gerald Parel
    THE FATE OF THE FOUR – REVEALED AT LAST!
    A mad final gambit against the death of a universe! Ben and Johnny join forces with familiar friends, but will DOOM ruin everything? THE FATE OF THE FOUR will be determined here!

variant Deadpool/Thing cover

Is it Galactus' armor on Doom?
    DeadThing or Thingpoll looks cool.

You're not the only one that noticed that is Galactus armor. I thought the top part reminded me a bit of the Doom 2099 armor but the boots look like Galactus armor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    He could have been lying tbf

Bleeding cool are saying June for fantastic four #1 by either chip or Hickman!!!!
    While I would LUV having Hickman back on the FF I would be surprised if he would go back. If he is coming back to Marvel I'm betting on the Eternals! For some reason Marvel announced the April release of the Eternal Romita TPB after the solicits and Eternals would be right up his alley