Page 16 of 287 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Well then, my walls may as well be bare. Direct light hurts any AND everything printed/containing ink, including posters, that's in it for long periods of time...and I ensure that everything is where it can't be harmed. If I feel it is, it gets moved to a better place. And also, I guess comic stores shouldn't display their wares (and usually the oldest and rarest ones) on their walls, should they?

Thank you, IM! I may just go ahead and pick up those issues tonight. They'll make for a nice shrine completion celebratory stash alongside this...

...for only $12 on eBay, including shipping AND from the UK, which, as the video says, is your best bet for finding and getting the FF Pop-Up book!!

Muchas gracias!

ETA: And Back Issue #'s 74 and 7 are officially mine...scanning through the digital copy for #7 (#74 is a pre-order and not officially released yet) right now.
    I have to go back and order #74. BTW, I did know of a comic book shop that made the mistake of putting there comics mounted on a rack on the wall so that customers could see the more pricey back issues for sale. He did have to take them down because they started to fade. I had a framed photo of my niece near a window and I mean about 5 feet away and it still faded. What you can do is get the UV glass protected frames. I had my Mike Wieringo/Karl Kesel page from FF #500 and Tom Grummett's Doom splash page from the special 'Nuff Said issue inside of one even though I am don't have them on the wall right now. Doomscribe had a good idea of using digital images and printing them at one of those self service photo areas in CVS or Walgreens I think sometimes that they might be watching out for customers printing out something that might be copyrighted. Some of them don't keep that close an eye out.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-11-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    BTW, I did know of a comic book shop that made the mistake of putting there comics mounted on a rack on the wall so that customers could see the more pricey back issues for sale. He did have to take them down because they started to fade. I had a framed photo of my niece near a window and I mean about 5 feet away and it still faded. What you can do is get the UV glass protected frames. I had my Mike Wieringo/Karl Kesel page from FF #500 and Tom Grummett's Doom splash page from the special 'Nuff Said issue inside of one even though I am don't have them on the wall right now. Doomscribe had a good idea of using digital images and printing them at one of those self service photo areas in CVS or Walgreens I think sometimes that they might be watching out for customers printing out something that might be copyrighted. Some of them don't keep that close an eye out.
    Well...here's my spin on digital print versus comic books: If it's Bronze Age-later AND they are cheap as chips to replace, like my displayed comics are, you may as well have them on display and not mess with digital prints. Not only is there the concern of 'Will this place or that even print this because of copyright?', but digital prints, especially in the numbers I'd need for the areas I decorate, would be very freakin' expensive (as would printing at home, because where ink cartridge prices are now, you may as well buy a new printer when you run out of ink). And in the end, they will fade when exposed to direct light too. So either way, if there ever is any damage, you can get 'know-it-all' and in my face (as a lot of people love to do in this rude day and age) all you want, but in the end, I'm not worried. All of my displayed comics, past and present (in other words, I did this method of decorating when I was in my teens too) have been well read/'fingerprinted', and already were just Very Good or so condition when I got them years ago. They are definitely not Mint/Near Mint, and have been through hell and back temperature-wise in storage. If I ever notice any real bothersome difference, they can be easily replaced and the 'marred' copy/copies can be used for any Fantastic crafting that comes to mind.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

This always made me laugh and set my imagination into strange places. lol.

BANNED

Well...here's my spin on digital print versus comic books: If it's Bronze Age-later AND they are cheap as chips to replace, like my displayed comics are, you may as well have them on display and not mess with digital prints. Not only is there the concern of 'Will this place or that even print this because of copyright?', but digital prints, especially in the numbers I'd need for the areas I decorate, would be very freakin' expensive (as would printing at home, because where ink cartridge prices are now, you may as well buy a new printer when you run out of ink). And in the end, they will fade when exposed to direct light too. So either way, if there ever is any damage, you can get 'know-it-all' and in my face (as a lot of people love to do in this rude day and age) all you want, but in the end, I'm not worried. All of my displayed comics, past and present (in other words, I did this method of decorating when I was in my teens too) have been well read/'fingerprinted', and already were just Very Good or so condition when I got them years ago. They are definitely not Mint/Near Mint, and have been through hell and back temperature-wise in storage. If I ever notice any real bothersome difference, they can be easily replaced and the 'marred' copy/copies can be used for any Fantastic crafting that comes to mind.
    I've got a few extra FF's I could send you for your walls, if you want them. Not sure what all issues they are, but if it's for decoration, does it really matter? You can have them if
    you're interested.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

No problem, just didn't know they weren't your mint condition copies. I didn't want you to risk damaging them. It's all good.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

That. Is. AWESOME!!! I would honestly just about kill to have one of those duplicated for my (just about complete...just a couple of more minute details left) FF shrine. Love that use of the FF from the iconic FF #49, Volume One cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Of course, it's FANTASTIC, it's the Fantastic Four!

And truly, that is a beyond awesome sign.
    I Love the Creativity that Neighborhood Watch did doing Signs like that, they also had a Wonder Women, Spider-Man and Iron Man one, so indeed they ran a Nice Spectrum of Classic Heroes!

They indeed should think about Marketing the seeing of these signs as well online to help Raise Money as well to help their Neighborhood, I think that be a Great Idea!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Is it necessary that I pick up Hickman's Fantastic Four run before I read FF? Or would I be fine just starting with FF?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Is it necessary that I pick up Hickman's Fantastic Four run before I read FF? Or would I be fine just starting with FF?
    If you want to understand a lot of the plot threads... then yeah.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We've got three preview pages for FF #7 in today's Axel-in-Charge. So the only time we'll see Johnny aflame for the time being is via flashbacks.and it looks like we'll get the frame-up for Ben allegedly murdering.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    If you want to understand a lot of the plot threads... then yeah.
    In that case, I'll just go ahead and get the Omnibus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    In that case, I'll just go ahead and get the Omnibus.
    Good idea. Plus eventually FF and F4 start to intertwine.

This always made me laugh and set my imagination into strange places. lol.

what was this?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Frankie Raye and Johnny discover something very… inflammatory about her. Yep, that's what happened.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what was this?
    Fantastic Four #237. John Byrne era.

Johnny finds out his girlfriend, Frankie Raye's secret that she has a gold suit permanently bonded to her.
    She has similar powers to his own and for a time becomes a Human Torch before Galactus makes her his herald Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Frankie Raye and Johnny discover something very… inflammatory about her. Yep, that's what happened.
    Or that. lol.

Fantastic Four #237. John Byrne era.

Johnny finds out his girlfriend, Frankie Raye's secret that she has a gold suit permanently bonded to her.
    She has similar powers to his own and for a time becomes a Human Torch before Galactus makes her his herald Nova.
    Yeppers..."The Lady Is For Burning!" was the title of that, and complete with, IMO, one of the more humorous covers of the Byrne run (I believe it to be Byrne's not-so subtle jab at the already constant requests for Dr. Doom stories). Also featured Ben's returning to the lumpy form he originally had.

Frankie Raye made the FF technically stand for 'Fantastic Five' until FF #244, where the said transformation into Nova took place.

This entry from the second season of the 90's FF cartoon (I say it A LOT...if only the first season had been just like the second one, complete with being nearly true to the canon and John Buscema as art director, I honestly believe the Marvel Action Hour FF toon could have easily lasted at least three, four, or five seasons) is a pretty nifty summary of the Frankie Raye/Nova story.

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven