Page 17 of 287 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Tidbits from SEYNC:
    September also sees two new annuals arriving – "Hulk" by Monty Nero and Luke Ross, and "Fantastic Four" by James Robinson and Tom Grummett. The covers for the issues will be by Mike Del Mundo and Greg Land.
    Asked about the future of "Fantastic Four," Brevoort said that the future of the series is "I'm going to keep publishing it, and it'll probably have four characters in it."
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!

I believe 5:05-5:09 here is appropro...

...AND this calls for a party of sorts!

Last edited by Maven; 06-15-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Fixed the video...wish the video code was more time stamp friendly.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Again, no doubts here that Marvel would keep the Four alive. I wonder what the Annual will be dealing with?

Here is some sweet, SWEET FF and Dark Phoenix vs. Doom art I just happened upon via a Byrne Facebook group.

I've seen (and posted on the old forum, at least on the Doom Appreciation thread) the black and white/pencil and ink version of this, but never the colored one until just a few minutes ago. Simply breathtaking stuff...whoever did the color job deserves a round of applause, to say the very least.

If there ever was an outside of FF character that should have had a FF story, it's definitely Phoenix, Dark or otherwise. A shame the closest thing to that is and will always be FF #286.
    Last edited by Maven; 06-15-2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: A little emphasis to make clear that, no, I did not color this art. Just found it in a Facebook group.

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wonderful art. And you colored it, Miss Fantastic? What tools did you use?

Now here's a tribute to the Man and the King from Chris Claremont vis-à-vis Fantastic Four #48:
    From there on, talk was firmly about the history of Marvel from the creators who were on the inside of the stories. Claremont said his two key Marvel experiences were picking up a copy of "Fantastic Four" #48 when he was in high school, in which Stan Lee and Jack Kirby introduced the Watcher during "The Coming of Galactus," and then being hired to work at Marvel shortly after getting out of college. He said that for years, he was cribbing script style off that Galactus story, which not only threw tons of new characters on the table in three issues, but then wrapped the action within the first 12 pages of the final issue in order to shift to character subplots like Johnny Storm going to college. That lack of wasted story space in service of story beats guided Claremont.
    And just before that:
    On the new story front, Lowe talked up the "Marvel 100th Anniversary" issues coming later in the summer, particularly setting aside time to praise Kathryn Immonen and Joanna Estep's "Fantastic Four" one-shot, which was just sent to the printer this week.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    No, Ray, I didn't color it. I wish I knew who did because, as I said above, they deserve a round of applause, to say the very least...they did a phenomenal job.

Here's the original black and white/pencil and ink...

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    No, Ray, I didn't color it. I wish I knew who did because, as I said above, they deserve a round of applause, to say the very least...they did a phenomenal job.
    The colorist is Javi Solanes.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Muchas gracias, ASD! Javi did an AMAZING job...taking an already gorgeous piece (as can be expected from Byrne) and turning it into that much more an explosion of a story I wish could have been told for real by Byrne in his prime.

Another timeless favorite of mine, recreated by Byrne and colored by Javi.

Wow. Both amazing pieces by Byrne and Javi. Thanks for sharing, Miss F!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Wow. Both amazing pieces by Byrne and Javi. Thanks for sharing, Miss F!
    Yeah, it's fascinating to look at covers like this and think about what might have been, especially in cases like this where the run of said writer/artist (John Byrne) on the title (Fantastic Four) was unexpectedly cut short. Ah well....

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

The FF were on Robot Chicken tonight in a Wife Swap parody.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    The FF were on Robot Chicken tonight in a Wife Swap parody.
    Who did they swap with?

BANNED

Speaking of Robot Chicken heres the first Fantastic Four well the movie version with a crossover of SHIELD

Looks like Val will be appearing alongside Doom in Al Ewing's Loki series - http://www.newsarama.com/21356-loki-...e-he-s-on.html