Page 186 of 287 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ben and Johnny are handled pretty awkwardly. Did Johnny volunteer to become their sun in order to give Battleworld light? The same question could be asked about Ben being the Wall. I think this proves further that this isn't the same Susan because she knows their fate and chooses to support Doom's decisions. She avoids telling Franklin what happened with Uncle Johnny for example.
    then maybe he removed their free will.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Because I'm bored, I'm posting how I think the teams powers should be upgraded. They have remained pretty stagnant compared to other heroes and it's past time that they got stronger,I hope Slott upgrades the team's powers.

Johnny

His Nova flame has been used so often that it's not very special anymore and doesn't stop the villains a lot of the time, so there needs to be some new things he can do with the power up. It would be really cool seeing Johnny doing some crazy stuff with his powers. Like his flames being different colours depending on the intensity of the heat which would be a nice visual representation.

Blue flames - These would be a stronger version of his flames and boost his powers in general, but especially his flight speed. The downside would be that it's hard to control so he only uses it in short bursts.

White flames/plasma - The strongest flames he can muster, it would be like him being covered in Nova level flames. Every aspect of his abilities on the level of when he had the cosmic control rod and he is immune to physical damage, but they come with immense downsides. He can't use it near of other people otherwise they will suffer severe burns and he can't maintain it for very long as it depletes his energy to dangerously low levels. After using it he can't flame on for a while so it's something to use only under the most dire of consequences.

I think these two flames would be cool to look at and the downsides means that he won't use them too often so that they won't replace his classic orange flames.

Visually when coated in blue flames they should look less 'wild' than his orange ones, like the flames on a Bunsen burner or stove.

(Here is the best visual representation I could find)

Ben

Ben is in the most need of an increase in power, he used to be able to hang with the Hulk and was one of Marvels strongest. He should be that strong again.
    I think Ben's power should be at around Hulks level again I also think he should have some minor control over earth like his Secret Wars counterpart did as it was really cool. Having that plus his strength lends to the 4 elements aspect of the FF's powers and it also makes him different from all the other super strength heroes, there aren't many heroes with that particular powerset too.
    If you weren't familiar with the FF and you look at Ben you wouldn't be surprised if he could control earth.

Reed

I can't see how to improve his elasticity any further, so instead I think that his gadgets should be incorporated into his costume like a utility belt or something. It gives him ready to use inventions and it also works as good visual storytelling to what his role on the team is. Let him fight using both his powers and his intelligence.

Sue

Sue is the least in need of a power-up imo, she just needs some more creative ways to use her powers. A particular one I like is her shrouding herself in a thin force-field to enhance her strength and defense while also simulate flying. It would be useful when she is fighting particular fast and strong villains and let her show off her martial arts more. The downside to it would be not being able to use her force-fields for other means at first because of the amount of concentration it would take. Also, more interesting uses of her invisiblity as it has taken a backseat to her more bombastic force-filed powers.

P.S Franklin should be de-powered when they come back as a result of overusing his powers. He shouldn't be completely powerless, but he should not be god-levels until he's an adult. It stops him from being used as a deus ex machina.
    the upgrade that Sue needs doesn't have anything to do with her powerset. they all are quite powerful, on paper. I'm not against Ben being Hulk level. but he risks losing some of his underdog status. part of the fun was seeing him plain outfight the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    yes, it was quite obvious how that story was going to play out. they made Tony Stark, the main character of the book, a foil to his replacement. I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the upgrade that Sue needs doesn't have anything to do with her powerset. they all are quite powerful, on paper. I'm not against Ben being Hulk level. but he risks losing some of his underdog status. part of the fun was seeing him plain outfight the Hulk.

Yeah that's why I said she only needs more creativity with her powers. The focus for Sue should be character development.
    Ben is the underdog and should be weaker than Hulk but not by too much, he should still be around Hulk's level at least not getting KO'd in one hit like this:

He should be giving Hulk a tough fight and what he lacks comparatively in strength he makes up for in grit and determination. But that still means he has to be in the same ballpark. Getting downed instantly shows how much he's fallen behind not only Hulk but other super-strength heroes.

The FF face cosmic beings and will always be the underdogs against them so I think them being stronger won't ruin that aspect. It will help stop Reed or Franklin being the only ones who can save the day and see some interesting applications of their powers plus teamwork defeating powerful enemies more often.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-01-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yeah that's why I said she only needs more creativity with her powers. The focus for Sue should be character development.
    Ben is the underdog and should be weaker than Hulk but not by too much, he should still be around Hulk's level at least not getting KO'd in one hit like this:

He should be giving Hulk a tough fight and what he lacks comparatively in strength he makes up for in grit and determination. But that still means he has to be in the same ballpark. Getting downed instantly shows how much he's fallen behind not only Hulk but other super-strength heroes.

The FF face cosmic beings and will always be the underdogs against them so I think them being stronger won't ruin that aspect. It will help stop Reed or Franklin being the only ones who can save the day and see some interesting applications of their powers plus teamwork defeating powerful enemies more often.
    theoretically, they could just play up Ben's durability and achieve similar results. Reed could always build strength enhancing bracelets for special occasions or something. just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    theoretically, they could just play up Ben's durability and achieve similar results. Reed could always build strength enhancing bracelets for special occasions or something. just a thought.
    I personally prefer Reed being the only one who relies on gadgets and devices to enhance his powers or help him. I'd rather Ben get naturally stronger and more durable, the FF rely so much on Reed's stuff already I don't want them to be completely dependent on it. That's the whole reason why I think the team should be stronger is so that they stop relying on Reed's inventions (or Franklin) saving the day.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-02-2018 at 04:14 AM.

detail.jpg

Ben would have to go back to this to beat Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    detail.jpg

Ben would have to go back to this to beat Hulk.
    He doesn't have to beat the Hulk, just be able to pose a challenge to him again.

I wouldn't want to lose the classic look of The Thing, so maybe he can transform into a stronger version that looks similar to when he was spiky. I said that he could have some minor earth control, so maybe he could use that to bulk himself a bit like in Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Declan Shalvey
    Handed in the last pages of my TWO IN ONE Annual last night. Wonderful script by @zdarsky, was a really fun story to work on. Also; DOOOOOM!

(Psst, here's a little peek from one of the pages, don't tell anyone I showed you)

https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/st...009533952?s=20

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for posting that, Grim Fandango. I'll have to add a copy of that Twitter image to the Doom appreciation thread for posterity and credit you for the find. I'm really looking forward to that annual. I was going to say maybe Ben is getting used to the new Doom but then he does have his right hand clenched in a fist! Might be some clobberin' on his mind!

Thanks for posting that, Grim Fandango. I'll have to add a copy of that Twitter image to the Doom appreciation thread for posterity and credit you for the find. I'm really looking forward to that annual. I was going to say maybe Ben is getting used to the new Doom but then he does have his right hand clenched in a fist! Might be some clobberin' on his mind!
    You're welcome.

I hope the FF's first issue isn't as expensive as the recent Avengers one was, the less things standing in the way of people buying it the better.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Coming back to this because why do we assume that this Doom is evil? Since Johnny and Ben are traipsing across the multiverse who's to say they won't encounter a friendly neighborhood AU Doom.

Like him:

(Too many photos but check his chorus line of singing Doombots.)
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130823232333

Or him:
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I guess the one bad trait Doomlactus has is he's a compulsive eater!

I guess the one bad trait Doomlactus has is he's a compulsive eater!
    Where was that world's Doc Samson?

https://weremole.deviantart.com/art/...hion-319350255

I like the more casual look for Sue and Johnny in this. Especially the long white coat for Sue which looks similar to a lab coat, it gives a more science-y feel.