Page 187 of 287 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4303
    BANNED

Which of those will happen first during Slott's run?

1 - Reed keeps things from his family for the 1000th time. Ends up learning that he needs to trust them.
    2 - Ben is depressed about his appearance for the 1000th time. Ends up accepting his looks.
    3 - Johnny decides that it's time to get mature for the 1000th time.
    4 - Sue feels lonely and has doubt about her marriage for the 1000th time. Ends up concluding that yes, Reed loves her and she loves Reed.

Every run has at least one of those.

I think Johnny should take a larger role in the entertainment industry. I'm not talking about his band or small acting career. I could see him having a TV network or being a recurring guest on one. I think it would be a smoother transition than just having him be super mature all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think Johnny should take a larger role in the entertainment industry. I'm not talking about his band or small acting career. I could see him having a TV network or being a recurring guest on one. I think it would be a smoother transition than just having him be super mature all of a sudden.
    The FF have a history of being pop culture oriented. Whether its Sue in the Namor produced movie WAaaay back, or the "official" comic book, they're the Ozzie and Harriet (or the Kardashians) of the Marvel superhero world. Even current day, the FF are the most well known to the Marvel civilian world. Other characters are masked with secret identities and don't interact with the public as much. A look at this part of their lives could make the book very interesting.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

April's Marvel 2 in One #5 was in the top 50 with est. 34,198 sales, a 17 per cent increase in sales over issue #4 at 29,021. So they picked up 5,177 readers. Very encouraging

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The FF have a history of being pop culture oriented. Whether its Sue in the Namor produced movie WAaaay back, or the "official" comic book, they're the Ozzie and Harriet (or the Kardashians) of the Marvel superhero world. Even current day, the FF are the most well known to the Marvel civilian world. Other characters are masked with secret identities and don't interact with the public as much. A look at this part of their lives could make the book very interesting.
    mainly, I was trying to give Johnny something to do outside of the team; to dovetail Sue's promotion (in whatever form that takes).

mainly, I was trying to give Johnny something to do outside of the team; to dovetail Sue's promotion (in whatever form that takes).
    I get that. I was just noting that there is canonical support for a plot like that. We're agreeing on this. I'd push Sue for this rather than Johnny, but the idea could work as well with Johnny, especially with him amking the Avengers/Inhumans rounds after SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    April's Marvel 2 in One #5 was in the top 50 with est. 34,198 sales, a 17 per cent increase in sales over issue #4 at 29,021. So they picked up 5,177 readers. Very encouraging
    Crossing my fingers for the post Fate of the Four arc, I think that will be the real test if MTIO has legs to stand on when FF returns. Right now, this arc is basically the FF book. Hopefully it retains enough readers to continue past issue 12.

I get that. I was just noting that there is canonical support for a plot like that. We're agreeing on this. I'd push Sue for this rather than Johnny, but the idea could work as well with Johnny, especially with him amking the Avengers/Inhumans rounds after SW.
    it might make sense for Sue also. but she doesn't need it as much as Johnny. she's not as "limited." I was thinking of Sue becoming more politically active or starting a charity or two. but that could also work for Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe the announcement of the FF book boosted sales. I thought it might have done the opposite, so I'm happy I was wrong.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

it might make sense for Sue also. but she doesn't need it as much as Johnny. she's not as "limited." I was thinking of Sue becoming more politically active or starting a charity or two. but that could also work for Ben.
    My Sue direction (I'm available, Marvel) is to position her as the public face of superheroing. She's intelligent, attractive, and charismatic. And to do good public service, all three of those qualities are important. But I could see Sue on Oprah, Ellen, Colbert, or any number of pop culture shows as well as Sunday morning news shows. Johnny, maybe, but he needs some growing up for a public role like that.

BANNED

My Sue direction (I'm available, Marvel) is to position her as the public face of superheroing. She's intelligent, attractive, and charismatic. And to do good public service, all three of those qualities are important. But I could see Sue on Oprah, Ellen, Colbert, or any number of pop culture shows as well as Sunday morning news shows. Johnny, maybe, but he needs some growing up for a public role like that.
    Impossible. NYC tabloids have published the story between Sue and Namor, and Namor is the guy that attacked NY a number of times. She would be rejected by the population.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Impossible. NYC tabloids have published the story between Sue and Namor, and Namor is the guy that attacked NY a number of times. She would be rejected by the population.

It's time to stop. The Sue and Namor thing is dead, get over it.

Anyway... @CaptCleghorn I've already said that I want Sue to be a doctor many times, but I'm good with almost anything that develops her more and gets her out in the MU by herself. I too can also see Johnny in the role as he is the one that loves their celebrity status.

Slott seems to like Johnny as he is so I doubt he will mature him. He might just make his immaturity less exaggerated.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-07-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Anyway... @CaptCleghorn I've already said that I want Sue to be a doctor many times, but I'm good with almost anything that develops her more and gets her out in the MU by herself. I too can also see Johnny in the role as he is the one that loves their celebrity status.

Slott seems to like Johnny as he is so I doubt he will mature him. He might just make his immaturity less exaggerated.
    It's my fanfic idea. I'm certainly OK with people preferring something else. I also don't think a medical degree would stop her from a public persona like i suggest. I think many of us may have different ideas about what we'd want for Sue, but few of those ideas would actually displease us.

i'll settle for Sue showing some serious medic training during one of their missions. development-wise, i think she should leverage her reputation as one of the more experienced superheroines. i liked what little we saw of whatever she was doing with Janet and Jen. more of that.