Page 194 of 287 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4303

i saw the ad for the new fantastic four today at the comic store. i am so glad they are coming back. i am still shocked that they have been gone. the fantastic four are marvel. they should always have a comic out. very excited for the new book coming soon.

Yes, if The Ray really needs to *oh so disingenuously* ask the question while trying to once again tell everyone how much of a slut Sue is/was/will be - he will never get nuance, subtlety and context.

For one, the 1234 set is not truly set in actual continuity. Its pretty close though, to somewhere in the first 60 or so issues. Or at least some wonks have tried to tie that in there.

But yeah, the whole scene is a metaphor for Sue's feelings about how much Reed may really love her.

I loved this series too. Very moody and thoughtful.

Call me a child of the '60s. Call me a hedonist, or possibly polyamorist, but I really like the sense of Sue's attraction to Namor. I'm pretty sure I could rationalize how they finally get together, but I don't have to. I can deal with Sue being Reed's one and only and vice a versa.

Fantasy is for my own thoughts and moods. The story can help but it also is written with a specific purpose.

I think The Ray should stop thinking that this is sooooo very important.

If you want a story where a good character stays good (as you see it) but nothing really changes at all for any characters than you should be reading Ayn Rand, perhaps? Serial literature, as I've tried to explain many times now, is not like that.

Characters will constantly change and their roles to each other will change. That is why you can't make Namor into a horrid blot on humanity. He's been written too well for that and you'll just have to accept that. Likewise Sue is no different from any number of other serialized characters who have attractions to people they shouldn't, perhaps.

Remember Soap operas were named thus because they were used to sell something... Soap products. If Dick and Jane's parents never fight, divorce or have problems with their wayward children its because they're not supposed to.

Comic characters have all that luxury and more. And that's why most of us read them.

Really like that Frank and Val cameo.

Other than the comic coming August, I'm really impatient for FF merchandise and appearances in other things.
    Like I really need a great FF cartoon right about now. I keep thinking about it being very 60s inspired in terms of designs and music, like how the Batman animated series that was heavily inspired by 40s noir. It would give it it's own feel and be very cool.

Like the costumes they wear in this art (but with a more faithful looking Ben in this classic trunks) that instantly give a very 60s feel.

By Marlène Blanchette
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

That Lockjaw comic was a wild ride! What did I just read?! The Franklin and Val cameo was great, the second best part was the little dig at the Ultimate Universe.

Those designs are pretty great Crimz, especially Sue's jumpsuit, so cool.

By Sara Pichelli

There were some great moments in Marvel Two-In-One #6.

spoilers:
    Alt Reed thinks that our Reed and Sue are dead, and tells Ben that.

There are also cool moments for Doom, Galactus, and an AU Johnny.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

they should change valrie personality.i don't know why reed richards have to tolerate her crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, if The Ray really needs to *oh so disingenuously* ask the question while trying to once again tell everyone how much of a slut Sue is/was/will be - he will never get nuance, subtlety and context.

For one, the 1234 set is not truly set in actual continuity. Its pretty close though, to somewhere in the first 60 or so issues. Or at least some wonks have tried to tie that in there.

But yeah, the whole scene is a metaphor for Sue's feelings about how much Reed may really love her.

I loved this series too. Very moody and thoughtful.

Call me a child of the '60s. Call me a hedonist, or possibly polyamorist, but I really like the sense of Sue's attraction to Namor. I'm pretty sure I could rationalize how they finally get together, but I don't have to. I can deal with Sue being Reed's one and only and vice a versa.

Fantasy is for my own thoughts and moods. The story can help but it also is written with a specific purpose.

I think The Ray should stop thinking that this is sooooo very important.

If you want a story where a good character stays good (as you see it) but nothing really changes at all for any characters than you should be reading Ayn Rand, perhaps? Serial literature, as I've tried to explain many times now, is not like that.

Characters will constantly change and their roles to each other will change. That is why you can't make Namor into a horrid blot on humanity. He's been written too well for that and you'll just have to accept that. Likewise Sue is no different from any number of other serialized characters who have attractions to people they shouldn't, perhaps.
    The subject is off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    By Sara Pichelli
    Sara Pichelli is going to kill it! I really like her art and you can just see the smugness coming off Johnny lol

I wonder if they know about Daken?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    I'm not sure if we are allowed to talk about those pages here, given that the moderation decided that this topic is off-limits in this thread.

Spectacular Member

there is nothing to talk about this mess.everyone in this thread does not care about it.
    so i don't know why ray keep bringing it up again and again.
    i don't see anything happening in current comics related to this topic.it would be great if somebody just changed topic to current comics.

t
    Last edited by fantastic; 05-31-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Character costume designs by Sara Pichelli

I like the inverted colors, it's a simple change that works really well.

I wonder who Eradikus is, I'm excited at the prospect of a new villain especially a female one as the team has extremely few female villains.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-31-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Character costume designs by Sara Pichelli

I like the inverted colors, it's a simple change that works really well.
    I can get used to the colors and the non-white boots are a nice touch. What bothers me (yes, it a small detail, but I'm a fan on a message board, what else do i have?) is the slant on the glove and bood ends. Somehow to me it seems too flashy and I envision the FF as having very basic costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I can get used to the colors and the non-white boots are a nice touch. What bothers me (yes, it a small detail, but I'm a fan on a message board, what else do i have?) is the slant on the glove and bood ends. Somehow to me it seems too flashy and I envision the FF as having very basic costumes.
    I personally like when they get flashy as long as it's not too jarring. I like these designs as they aren't trying too hard to be different and look modern without being over-designed.
    I also like when the "4" symbol is raised like it seems to be here.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-01-2018 at 05:11 AM.