Page 195 of 287 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Character costume designs by Sara Pichelli

I like the inverted colors, it's a simple change that works really well.

I wonder who Eradikus is, I'm excited at the prospect of a new villain especially a female one as the team has extremely few female villains.
    I do not like these belts.

I hope they bring back the Two-In-One suits at some point. I really like them.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Can't believe it's still 2 months away

Hopefully the fox deal goes through so we never have to fear another Alonso, Ike or Broovert screw up again.

Those designs are flawless, I love them! I particularly like that shade of blue, most unusual.

Fantastic Member

Got the Fantastic Four by Hickman omnibus vol 2 for 50% off cover price at a local comic shop sale, so I was pleased about that. Been wanting to read his run. Unfortunately, vol 1 is crazy expensive online right now.
    Last edited by soundsci; 06-03-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Got the Fantastic Four by Hickman omnibus vol 2 for 50% off cover price at a local comic shop sale, so I was pleased about that. Been wanting to read his run. Unfortunately, vol 1 is crazy expensive online right now.
    Congrats! It's always nice to get books on sale
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

was it ever explained why Reed & Sue never contacted Ben and Johnny to let them know they are alive and well? Maybe explain they will be busy rebuilding the multiverse

Apparently Dan Slott is on the forums today, so Dan... If you see this... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not turn Franklin and Valeria into teenagers like people are speculating from the covers. We already have way too many teenage characters and not enough younger kids. I liked your episode of Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes and I’m hoping your upcoming run will be just as good. Just please don’t age up the kids, man.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Apparently Dan Slott is on the forums today, so Dan... If you see this... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not turn Franklin and Valeria into teenagers like people are speculating from the covers. We already have way too many teenage characters and not enough younger kids. I liked your episode of Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes and I’m hoping your upcoming run will be just as good. Just please don’t age up the kids, man.
    I'm still figuring out how I feel about the possibility of Frank and Val being aged up. I doubt Val will be a teen as she is a decent amount younger than Franklin, she'd likely be around Moon Girls age of 8 or 9. That age fits her imo as previous writers/artists seemed to forget she was a toddler.

I'm really curious about this Eradikus, if she's a villain i hope she has interesting motivations.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm still figuring out how I feel about the possibility of Frank and Val being aged up. I doubt Val will be a teen as she is a decent amount younger than Franklin, she'd likely be around Moon Girls age of 8 or 9. That age fits her imo as previous writers/artists seemed to forget she was a toddler.

I'm really curious about this Eradikus, if she's a villain i hope she has interesting motivations.
    Well, they look much older in that image, which is what worries me. My preference would be not aging them at all, but I’d reluctantly be okay with them being just a bit older like Val being 8 and Franklin being 12. But no more than that.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Fantastic Member

didn't the children appear recently as their younger selves?

Character costume designs by Sara Pichelli

I like the inverted colors, it's a simple change that works really well.

I wonder who Eradikus is, I'm excited at the prospect of a new villain especially a female one as the team has extremely few female villains.
    I really like the new costumes!

Might help relive some worry for those not too keen on Slott writing:

https://www.facebook.com/dan.slott.3...13384015409499
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-04-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    didn't the children appear recently as their younger selves?
    Yes.....within LOCKJAW #4 TBE.....
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 06-04-2018 at 11:57 AM.

This variant worries me:

I hope it's not representative of things to come.

Sorry for the upcoming rant and likely unpopular opinion:

Dr Doom holds back the Fantastic Four.

I know that Doom is a great villain and has been a great antagonist for the team, especially Reed, but he has be overused to the point where stories with him have completely lost their impact. Secret Wars (2015) was not only a great love letter to the FF but also a close in the chapter of Doom being the villain to Reed and the FF. It's gotten to the point where he takes away from the team, too often do people say that the only good thing about the team is their villains and particularly Doom. He has outgrown them while they have stagnated and every time he is use as a villain it is a reminder of how much the team repeats their old stories and the story gives him a lot of the focus. The Fantastic Four has to grow and to do that they have to stop relying on Dr Doom. I wouldn't even have him as a guest appearance for at least 3 years as he takes attention away from the team. He can still do what he does in other books or and solo's, but not the Fantastic Four for a long time. It's nice having him in Two-in-One, but that is because he is not the antagonist which opens the way for new interactions and stories. I wouldn't mind him appearing rarely in FF if he was still good, but the moment he returns to being evil he should not appear for a long while.
    Speaking of Two-in-One, that too had Doom as the first major villain. It was a cool concept having him being in Galactus' body, but this over-reliance on the character is a detriment to the team.

A hero is meant to be at least equal if not better than their villains. But the FF are not as popular as some of their villains and that needs to change. The first step is stop reusing the same ones over and over again, especially the overexposed ones like Doom who would be fine in other books for a while. Just think, Doom is more fleshed out and 3 dimensional than Sue, Johnny, and Ben (to a lesser degree). How can you find time to develop your villain to such a degree yet neglect the heroes? That can't continue.
    I love the Fantastic Four and what I say next comes from being a fan: If the Fantastic four can't survive without Doom then they should end for good and no longer have a comic.

TLDR: Enough with Doom in Fantastic Four books, he now takes attention away from the team.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-05-2018 at 07:28 PM.