Page 200 of 287 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4303

I wonder if the trade of Franklin's book is because a Future Foundation book is planned.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member

Does anyone have a wishlist of who should write Future Foundation?

I imagine that one will also have its trades released by Scholastic, I know I would have personally loved them as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I wonder if the trade of Franklin's book is because a Future Foundation book is planned.
    Marvel would be wise to use this as a possible additional entry into the scholastic market. The Franklin Richards stories are brilliant (even if very derivative of Calvin and Hobbes) and could be a test case for that.

And yes, an all ages Future Foundation (FF) is something Marvel SHOULD do. I usually don't phrase my preferences in terms of the company, but one of Marvel's most storied franchises with a strong family base combined with super-smart kids of varying backgrounds is a freaking must for that kind of distribution.

Two-in-One #7 preview is out:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-2-in-one-7-preview/

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That Strange… whoever he is… really looks out of it with that Eye of Agamotto!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

And yet another artist switch. The CBR article is picking up the original credits for this, which was Paco Medina. The credits page on the preview has Ramon Perez. I have to wonder why this title doesn't have some consistency in that department. But I've been saying for a while now that it seems Marvel roster of artists is somewhat depleted. For the near future at least Jim Chueng is going to be doing Justice League at DC and he's been at Marvel for quite a while.

Cannot wait, really enjoy this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Cannot wait, really enjoy this series.
    Me too! It’s fantastic!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

line it drawn cbr

that's what is going to make it hard to use the Fantastic Four. it'd be one thing if the Incredibles had been unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's what is going to make it hard to use the Fantastic Four. it'd be one thing if the Incredibles had been unpopular.
    The Incredibles is a pure superhero movie, while a faithful Fantastic Four film would be an epic space/dimensional (and even time travel) adventure film that happens to involve people with powers.
    The Fantastic Four are explorers who go to exciting imaginative places that should be visually breathtaking if done right. Their superheroics are secondary, they will save the day when it calls for it but that is not their main goal. A FF film should be a crazy adventure film at heart and the things it shares with Incredibles are only the family part and similar powers. Even then the FF are much more powerful and creative with their powers, so you focus on the creativity when it comes to the inevitable big battles.

Sue with her force constructs of different shapes and sizes and creative uses of her invisibility.
    Johnny should have awesome flight scenes and fire manipulation beyond throwing a fireball.
    Reed's intelligence is unique to the FF and his inventions should have the spotlight more than his powers.
    Ben's strength should rival Hulks, no one gets bored of bruisers.

It's all about execution.

The Incredibles is a pure superhero movie, while a faithful Fantastic Four film would be an epic space/dimensional (and even time travel) adventure film that happens to involve people with powers.
    I haven't seen that yet. and they've tried it 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I haven't seen that yet. and they've tried it 3 times.
    Fox had 3 films and not one had adventure, the thing the FF are known for.

Fantastic Four 2005 film - Went to space just outside of earth for 5 mins (and that was just beacuse they had to have the accident) spent the rest of the film New York
    FF sequel - Didn't even leave earth
    Fant4stic reboot - went to that boring barren wasteland for 5 minutes to get their powers, then 5 at the end for the bland fight. Spent most oif the film in a boring military facility.

People like to say "maybe a Fantastic Four film doesn't work" I ask them to show me a Fantastic Four film first then I'll let them know. These films have been a failure on every level and are the Fantastic Four in name only.

I hate these films so much as they are a big part of the reason why the franchise is struggling.

BANNED

Fox had 3 films and not one had adventure, the thing the FF are known for.

Fantastic Four 2005 film - Went to space just outside of earth for 5 mins (and that was just beacuse they had to have the accident) spent the rest of the film New York
    FF sequel - Didn't even leave earth
    Fant4stic reboot - went to that boring barren wasteland for 5 minutes to get their powers, then 5 at the end for the bland fight. Spent most oif the film in a boring military facility.

People like to say "maybe a Fantastic Four film doesn't work" I ask them to show me a Fantastic Four film first then I'll let them know. These films have been a failure on every level and are the Fantastic Four in name only.

I hate these films so much as they are a big part of the reason why the franchise is struggling.
    there was an FF film that I had on VCR that was never released. I lost that tape

200 pages and one more post in this thread until #3000.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven