Page 201 of 287 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4303

I would love the FF to be /if not in a movie/, than at least in a netflix series primarily in outer space. Look how great the current Lost in Space show is. Just turn some of that magic onto the FF!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I would love the FF to be /if not in a movie/, than at least in a netflix series primarily in outer space. Look how great the current Lost in Space show is. Just turn some of that magic onto the FF!
    That would be a fantastic recipe that could work.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Simonson run started very strong, love it. Though, only two stories so far: a bit goofy at moments congress one, and epic (and a tiny bit confusing) time travelling one with Thor and Iron Man about the end of the universe. Celestials, Galactus, Kangs, Gladiator guest staring. Really fun, and love the art too (have not yet read his Thor).

Read that it's all doom and gloom after his run, all the way to Waid. I did read Volume 3 though, and it wasn't *that* bad, really.

There are some strong opinions on Slott, whenever I see people mention the upcoming book it goes "Yay! The FF are back! But Slott...." and it has me a bit worried.

How much of a detriment will Slott writing be to people possibly picking up the FF book? Or do you think that he has more fans than detractors?
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-23-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    There are some strong opinions on Slott, whenever I see people mention the upcoming book it goes "Yay! The FF are back! But Slott...." and it has me a bit worried.

How much of a detriment will Slott writing be to people possibly picking up the FF book? Or do you think that he has more fans than detractors?
    Most everything I have read and heard has been positive. I think Slott has more fans than not, it’s just those that are not fans are VERY vocal. I enjoyed the majority of his Spider-Man run with the exception of the superior stuff and even that wasn’t awful, it just wasn’t my cup of tea.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Comichron has the estimates for May and Marvel Two in One is still doing respectable numbers, especially considering the blockbuster & number one issues that were out in May. Last month it was ranked #53 out of the top 100 so it only dropped 2 spots.

Spider-Man #800........................411,480 (Rank #1)
    Venom #1 .................................225,782 (#2)
    Avengers #1 ..............................131,450 (#4)
    Black Panther #1 ........................122,358 (#5)
    Justice League - No Justice #1 .......86,775 (#8)
    Man of Steel #1 ...........................78,942 (#9)
    Marvel Two in One #6 ...................33,844 (#55)

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Most everything I have read and heard has been positive. I think Slott has more fans than not, it’s just those that are not fans are VERY vocal. I enjoyed the majority of his Spider-Man run with the exception of the superior stuff and even that wasn’t awful, it just wasn’t my cup of tea.
    Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Comichron has the estimates for May and Marvel Two in One is still doing respectable numbers, especially considering the blockbuster & number one issues that were out in May. Last month it was ranked #53 out of the top 100 so it only dropped 2 spots.

Spider-Man #800........................411,480 (Rank #1)
    Venom #1 .................................225,782 (#2)
    Avengers #1 ..............................131,450 (#4)
    Black Panther #1 ........................122,358 (#5)
    Justice League - No Justice #1 .......86,775 (#8)
    Man of Steel #1 ...........................78,942 (#9)
    Marvel Two in One #6 ...................33,844 (#55)
    I can only dream that the FF book comes close to those Spider-man numbers. I'd be ecstatic at them even having those Venom numbers (who knew he was so popular?).

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Me too. I'd like to see it launch big and then at least stay in the top 20. DC's iconic Batman family of comics are tough to overcome.

The only people I see giving Slott grief are die hard Spider-Fans usually for whatever reason. Personally I loved his ASM, but eh... what can you do. I wouldn't worry though. Slott has a pretty great track record and has me buying Iron Man of all books. Never thought that would happen.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    The only people I see giving Slott grief are die hard Spider-Fans usually for whatever reason. Personally I loved his ASM, but eh... what can you do. I wouldn't worry though. Slott has a pretty great track record and has me buying Iron Man of all books. Never thought that would happen.
    Same. I picked it up to get an idea of how he would write the FF but enjoyed it and I don't even particularly like Iron Man.

BANNED

I think there's a very good chance of venom numbers, 20 years ago FF 1 did over 300,000

Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

MTIO#10
    Cover by Paul Renaud

iMan 42s

Slott can be a weird writer. However I'm pretty sure a lot of it had to do with his later Spider-man run which really isn't that great. Don't get me wrong, post-Superior it had some great issues, but a lot of the execution was lacking and it showed. Considering some of his most prominent work was on Spider-man it's not hard to me anyways why some people might be a bit hesitant about his FF work but from I've seen he does alright. He really is a great writer and he does pop onto the board every so often to talk about things and I really would suggest to anybody curious enough to start talking to him. Some of the best conversations in comics is going over the story, likes, and dislikes of a plot with the writer themselves because it does benefit both parties (people should be respectful though, myself included).
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Especially since Val's powers are unknown - she's been shown with different ones in possible futures (in recent issues of Spider-Man/Deadpool, an elderly Val is basically the new Doctor Doom, while another possible future some years ago had her as the new Marvel Girl).

Franklin was called Tattletale in the Power Pack, but his new codename should better reflect his reality warping powerset.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman