Page 209 of 287 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4303

Yeah I’ll be interested in fleshing out Susan to be honest. Marvel like to promote STEM especially to encourage women into stem fields so it would be fun to make Susan a top biologist or something. So they both are scientific people but with different fields (reed is more of an engineering person) which explains why she was invited on the first mission in the first place.

Plus, the marvel U is missing a biologist

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Mine is

Reed Richards - Rahul Kohli
    Susan storm - Betty Gilpin
    Johnny Storm - Ross Lynch
    Ben Grimm - Ben Platt

By the way, with the comics I would love to see She-Thing pop up in the Slott run. I think he already mentioned she’s due for a comeback?

Attachment 68536
    Pretty sure that is her in the previews for issue 1 in the red hoodie but the caption says "The Thing"
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-23-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The reconstruction of the multiverse after Secret Wars was the best time to handle any band-aid continuity repairs. I know Marvel didn't want to reboot, but they do tweak an awful lot. And as I've said, Franklin, Reed, and Val getting Sue a medical doctorate would have been a fine Mothers' Day gift for her during their recreation adventure.
    Shuri is suddenly now going to be a tech genius. I no longer care when people say "it would come out of nowhere" or "it would take too long". Anything can happen with these characters. Sue can be anything and has the excuse of getting the qualification while off rebuilding the Multiverse as time works differently there. A lot more time passed for them if Frank and Val aged significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I’ll be interested in fleshing out Susan to be honest. Marvel like to promote STEM especially to encourage women into stem fields so it would be fun to make Susan a top biologist or something. So they both are scientific people but with different fields (reed is more of an engineering person) which explains why she was invited on the first mission in the first place.

Plus, the marvel U is missing a biologist
    They have quite a few biologists, what's missing are doctors/surgeons imo. Making her a biologist is bit too sciencey and stepping into Reed's territory for me. The funny thing about all of this is that some casual fans and those who aren't too familiar with the team believe that they are all scientists anyway.

Also, the earth diplomat to alien and inter-dimensional races idea has grown on me and I like it just as much as her being a doctor.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Who do we have in the medical profession? Doctor Strange, Jane Foster, Night Nurse, that's about it? Maybe Thor Odinson too, due to his former alter ego as Don Blake, though I know that they are in fact separate people. And the first two can't even physically do surgery, Stephen because he injured his hands in his origin story, and Jane because she's currently undergoing cancer treatment. Plenty of science doctors, not many medical ones.

But personally, I think Sue should be a spy instead. Her powers would make her an ideal SHIELD agent and her stint there before Secret Wars was way too short.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm all for Sue being more developed. I would love for her to have more defined and developed relationships and friendships with people in the MU. It is so surprising to me that a character who has been around as long as Sue doesn't have a definitive "best friend". Sue gets along with most people really well (Alicia, Crystal, Medusa, etc.), but no one immediately springs to my mind as a best friend. Not everyone needs a best friend, but I find it strange since she is quite a social and likeable character. And the other members of her team have more defined friendships, rivalries or all around relationships to other characters: Reed and Ben, Johnny and Wyatt or Johnny and Peter (or other Marvel besties like Hank and Simon, etc.) I, personally, would love to see Sue interact with Jean now that they are both back. I loved them together in X-Men: First Class and I always wondered about how little contact the F4 had with mutants since their son is one.

I also want Sue to have more than just new or improved friendships and agree that she is well overdue for a profession other than mother (nothing against moms who stay home to raise their kids, I respect them a lot). And while Sue does more than just stay at home to raise the kids, I wouldn't mind seeing her as a doctor or spy (as suggested above). However, I would prefer to see her as a dignitary or ambassador for the Mutant Nation that Jean is attempting to build. She has proven that she is capable of doing the job and Sue's reputation and status in the MU at large, on top being the mother of a mutant would give her natural motivation to want to do the job and do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I'm all for Sue being more developed. I would love for her to have more defined and developed relationships and friendships with people in the MU. It is so surprising to me that a character who has been around as long as Sue doesn't have a definitive "best friend". Sue gets along with most people really well (Alicia, Crystal, Medusa, etc.), but no one immediately springs to my mind as a best friend. Not everyone needs a best friend, but I find it strange since she is quite a social and likeable character. And the other members of her team have more defined friendships, rivalries or all around relationships to other characters: Reed and Ben, Johnny and Wyatt or Johnny and Peter (or other Marvel besties like Hank and Simon, etc.) I, personally, would love to see Sue interact with Jean now that they are both back. I loved them together in X-Men: First Class and I always wondered about how little contact the F4 had with mutants since their son is one.

I also want Sue to have more than just new or improved friendships and agree that she is well overdue for a profession other than mother (nothing against moms who stay home to raise their kids, I respect them a lot). And while Sue does more than just stay at home to raise the kids, I wouldn't mind seeing her as a doctor or spy (as suggested above). However, I would prefer to see her as a dignitary or ambassador for the Mutant Nation that Jean is attempting to build. She has proven that she is capable of doing the job and Sue's reputation and status in the MU at large, on top being the mother of a mutant would give her natural motivation to want to do the job and do it well.
    I pretty much agree. I wouldn't have her as the ambassador for mutants as that should the job of a mutant, she can and is an ally to them though. If they were to go the ambassador route with her then I think it should be an inter-dimensional, interplanetary ambassador. With her experience on the FF meeting all these different aliens and beings she would be perfect as the bridge between humanity and aliens.

Marvel earth is not involved at all in intergalactic politics which is weird considering everyone knows about aliens and interstellar travel has been achieved. Sue could be the person that helps bring earth onto the intergalactic stage and get really involved beyond fighting off invasions every three minutes. It could be interesting to see all these other societies and how they function completely differently to human ones. It's something you don't really see in books, even the Fantastic Four only scratch surface of the beliefs and politics of the aliens they come across. With Sue we can go much more in depth and further build on the Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I pretty much agree. I wouldn't have her as the ambassador for mutants as that should the job of a mutant, she can and is an ally to them though. If they were to go the ambassador route with her then I think it should be an inter-dimensional, interplanetary ambassador. With her experience on the FF meeting all these different aliens and beings she would be perfect as the bridge between humanity and aliens.

Marvel earth is not involved at all in intergalactic politics which is weird considering everyone knows about aliens and interstellar travel has been achieved. Sue could be the person that helps bring earth onto the intergalactic stage and get really involved beyond fighting off invasions every three minutes. It could be interesting to see all these other societies and how they function completely differently to human ones. It's something you don't really see in books, even the Fantastic Four only scratch surface of the beliefs and politics of the aliens they come across. With Sue we can go much more in depth and further build on the Marvel universe.
    Perhaps not an ambassador for mutants, but maybe a liason- just someone who actively helps build and mend bridges. Because I really feel like Franklin being a mutant has been glossed over to the point of it not even being relevant, which if that is what the writers want then sure. But I feel it is a missed opportunity.

And I really like the idea of an interplanetary ambassador. She would fit in that role really well. And you are right, while Earth is often involved in intergalactic conflicts, it often feels like Earth has to sit at the kids table while the adult planets discuss the fate of the universe.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 07-23-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Sue's a perfect political figure for this. She's one of the first super-powered people to go public and of the FF, she's easily the best public spokesperson. She's intelligent and can relate to others on multiple levels. My personal ideas for Sue have her using these abilities in the political arena. She's placed in Marvel Earth's pop culture with her movie role and previous contacts with designers. If not an intergalactic ambassador, she should at least be a representative of the super-hero community.

If that new book just turned out to be some fancy shrine dedicated to her ladyship, Susan the first, i'm gonna drop it fast.

Nothing against her but that's not what i'm looking for in a team (family) book.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue's a perfect political figure for this. She's one of the first super-powered people to go public and of the FF, she's easily the best public spokesperson. She's intelligent and can relate to others on multiple levels. My personal ideas for Sue have her using these abilities in the political arena. She's placed in Marvel Earth's pop culture with her movie role and previous contacts with designers. If not an intergalactic ambassador, she should at least be a representative of the super-hero community.
    Susan as ambassador is one of the ideas I liked that Hickman started to do with her when she was working with Namor and the old Atlanteans. I wish he had done more with that but his FF run was cut short from his original plan as I recall.

As you mention, the FF have never hidden their identities so there is already a level of trust there. I would love for Sue to have been a scientist, which is a welcome change that they did with Ultimate Sue. BTW that character really went off the rails towards the faltering demise of that title. But aside from the multiverse time theory Crimz mentions, there is not much evidence in the FF's publication history that shows her being anything other than team mate/wife/mother roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    If that new book just turned out to be some fancy shrine dedicated to her ladyship, Susan the first, i'm gonna drop it fast.

Nothing against her but that's not what i'm looking for in a team (family) book.
    Nothing that has been said about the book even hints at Sue getting the main focus. Based on the solicits:

Issue 1 is about the team coming back and everyone's reaction to it.
    Issue 2 is about what Reed, Sue and the kids were doing. And it will likely focus on the new villain, The Griever (I liked the name Eradikus more), and the kids growing up a bit.

During SDCC Cebulski said that previous members of the FF will show up throughout the run and there was no mention of Sue. If she was getting a bigger role I think he would have mentioned it.

Nothing has been said about Sue and there is no reason to believe that it will the "Sue show". If she gets an arc where takes a little more focus and much needed development, I don't see the issue as shes been gone for 3 years and Reed usually has entire runs that focused on him.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-23-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

You have to concede that for too many years it's been the guys that have been the focus. Sue has been neglected for a while now. Her last big moments IMO was when she decked Namor in Hickman's run and her taking the side against her husband in Civil War.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-23-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Susan as ambassador is one of the ideas I liked that Hickman started to do with her when she was working with Namor and the old Atlanteans. I wish he had done more with that but his FF run was cut short from his original plan as I recall.

As you mention, the FF have never hidden their identities so there is already a level of trust there. I would love for Sue to have been a scientist, which is a welcome change that they did with Ultimate Sue. BTW that character really went off the rails towards the faltering demise of that title. But aside from the multiverse time theory Crimz mentions, there is not much evidence in the FF's publication history that shows her being anything other than team mate/wife/mother roles.
    Sue's lack of a non-family role is something I think all of us FF fanatics here lament. Crimz is more vocal and eloquent about it and I admire his love for the character. Her seeing so many alternate Sues doing so much and that leading to finally expanding her role outside the basic team/family would be a wonderful step with this new series.

With the exception of retconned and revitalized characters from before November 1961, there is quite a bit of room for such long-existing characters to have gone back to school, completed course work, etc. It could be one of those things; Sue put some college on hold to take the flight, but at some point did revisit, and no doubt because Reed would have wanted her to. I think Biology would be a fine field for her, since her father was a doctor. But as you say we do have Biologists; isn't Pym basically one of those too?

I also like your idea about diplomat. She's done this more than almost anyone else, starting with Subby in # 4!

A long time ago Janet Pym was a good friend. Sue stood up for her wedding and helped her with her dress. Sue's natural friends would be both male and female members of the Avengers, since that would be the group that knows her best after FF. But I see a resonance with Jean and Storm (especially Storm) from the past.