Page 217 of 287 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It will be good to see Susan again, one of the main reasons to get the book again. And yeah I agree with you in one of your earlier posts, it would be interesting seeing her forming some kind of close friendhsip with other female heroines outside the group, I think that the closest she had gotten where She-Hulk (an example of that in She-hulk's run when she reassembled the Lady Liberator) and Medusa (a proof of that the first issue of FF, when Sue herself recruited Medusa to briefly replace while the Sue and the others were away)
    It's been a long 3 years for me lol
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's been a long 3 years for me lol
    Yeah. I honestly don't care that much for Reed, he is my least favorite xdd. But Sue was my favourite followed by Ben. Another friendship I would love to see for Sue would be Janet, they got along really well in the Stern's run of the Avengers.

I'm pretty flexible actually and mostly just need to hear other's opinions and see if I resonate to them. I had nearly forgotten about Artie and Leech and they should show up again, of course.

In a way, the FF and/or Foundation/stories about them, can give X-Men schools a run for their money, since they go beyond and include a lot of other types of special children.

Yeah. I honestly don't care that much for Reed, he is my least favorite xdd. But Sue was my favourite followed by Ben. Another friendship I would love to see for Sue would be Janet, they got along really well in the Stern's run of the Avengers.
    Almost any friendship for Sue is good for me as long as she gets one. It's sad how little development she's had.

This new FF book is both exciting and nerve-racking for me. The team hasn't had this much spotlight on them in a very long time with them returning and the Disney/Fox deal going through, this book is the first step to reinvigorating the franchise. It's basically now or never and it's very important for Dan Slott to get it right, it's both exciting and worrying. I hope it's amazing and that loads of people enjoy it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-28-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Almost any friendship for Sue is good for me as long as she has one. It's sad how little development she's had.

This new FF book is both exciting and nerve-racking for me. The team hasn't had this much spotlight on them in a very long time with them returning and the Disney/Fox deal going through, this book is the first step to reinvigorating the franchise. It's basically now or never and it's very important for Dan Slott to get it right, it's both exciting and worrying.
    She had more friendships outside of her own comic book lmao. Slott have been doing a good job with Iron Man (although I'm only buying it for Jocasta and the upcoming appearance of Janet, but it's the first time I've liked or tolerated Tony, which means that he is doing a good job), so I think Fantastic Four is in good hands (especially if he is able to make me care about Reed even the slightlest lmao).

Since Comic Shops are extinct in my little part of Ohio I have to pre order my books a few months ahead.
    So I have to put my order in for issues #2 and #3 before I even get to read issue #1.

I was a little hesitant about ordering issue #2 after reading this, but I did:
    WISH YOU WERE HERE! What have Reed, Sue and the kids been up to all this time? What adventures have they been on? What strange new friends have they found along the way? What deadly new enemies have they made? And what are Franklin and Valeria’s new codenames? All these questions will be answered... just in time for ENTIRE UNIVERSES TO DIE! The return of Marvel’s First Family keeps getting more and more intense! Don’t you dare miss a single moment of the World’s Greatest Comic Magazine!

But after reading this about #3:
    The Fantastic Four is more than a team. It’s a family. And when the fate of the very Multiverse is at stake, that means it’s time for the ENTIRE family to have a reunion.
    Everything you’ve been waiting for? It’s in THIS issue.
    Guest-starring: Spider-Man, Wolverine, the Hulk, Ghost Rider, Medusa, Crystal, Luke Cage and MORE.

I just have a feeling that this book is going to be headed in a direction that isn't for me.

But I did just receive this:
    956113.jpg
    Some great Doctor Doom stories in here.

I don't know if I agree with that. The FF have gone through various periods where they seem to stand quite a bit outside the rest of the MU. This accounts, especially for Sue's development since, Thing and Torch, are more often guest stars in other books - and now were featured in two in one, as well as Guardians and Avengers titles.

So when the FF has replacements for plot situations, it gives more opportunities for other heroes to take their measure (those that are not 'off' team) and give us more character interactions.

I look forward to seeing this kind of stuff. I think it has to happen to help re-integrate them back into the rest of the 'verse.

BANNED

C) Honestly all of the bigots, racists and haters that dislike comics that feature diverse or new characters, use sales as a cheap excuse to attack them.

This is a curve being thrown in there to derail the conversation .... just ignor the troll and carry on. It just apeared out of the blue, unrelaed to anything, in the middle of an otherwise great discussion.

So is anyone else gonna go nuts and grab a bunch of the variant covers? lol
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    So is anyone else gonna go nuts and grab a bunch of the variant covers? lol
    I ordered like 6 of them...

I ordered like 6 of them...

Welcome to how I was with Action Comics 1000.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I am anxious to see how the sales figures land for the title, after the first month or two.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Since Comic Shops are extinct in my little part of Ohio I have to pre order my books a few months ahead.
    So I have to put my order in for issues #2 and #3 before I even get to read issue #1.

I was a little hesitant about ordering issue #2 after reading this, but I did:
    WISH YOU WERE HERE! What have Reed, Sue and the kids been up to all this time? What adventures have they been on? What strange new friends have they found along the way? What deadly new enemies have they made? And what are Franklin and Valeria’s new codenames? All these questions will be answered... just in time for ENTIRE UNIVERSES TO DIE! The return of Marvel’s First Family keeps getting more and more intense! Don’t you dare miss a single moment of the World’s Greatest Comic Magazine!

But after reading this about #3:
    The Fantastic Four is more than a team. It’s a family. And when the fate of the very Multiverse is at stake, that means it’s time for the ENTIRE family to have a reunion.
    Everything you’ve been waiting for? It’s in THIS issue.
    Guest-starring: Spider-Man, Wolverine, the Hulk, Ghost Rider, Medusa, Crystal, Luke Cage and MORE.

I just have a feeling that this book is going to be headed in a direction that isn't for me.

But I did just receive this:
    956113.jpg
    Some great Doctor Doom stories in here.
    My brother gave that to me for my birthday some years ago. Is that a new printing? Mine had a printing error IIRC there were some pages out of order in one of the stories. I believe that cover is a Kirby work that was done some years after he left comics. He did several Doom or Fantasic Four pin up style works in that period, which have been featuring on covers of the Jack Kirby Collector magazine. This blog has a little history of the many reworkings of the TPB cover. It appears to have started out as a cover for the Jack Kirby Quarterly but I can't remember for sure what it's origin is.

I've noticed how there are some regions that are a comic book desert. I recall one time when I was traveling through SW Michigan and I don't think I came across a single one, even using the comic shop locator app by zip code.

As the the Fantastic Four relaunch, I plan to stick with it through thick and thin. I've really not read much of Dan Slott's work. I know he had a long run on ASM but I gave up on Spider-Man before his run, after One More Day to be exact.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-28-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

i am not really interested in Franklin and Valerie stories and i don't find single admirable thing about valerie.so it is better for me if they don't age up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I am anxious to see how the sales figures land for the title, after the first month or two.
    After the news about the fox merger? They’re going to sell squillions, everyone’s going to want to read it so they can get in on the ground floor for the next big “avengers infinity war” moment