Page 224 of 287 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Interview from a few days ago not making me optimistic about the possibility that the kids won’t be aged up. Just let them be kids. Teenagers suck.
    "Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same."

A while ago they said there was going to be a TV spot for the book this weekend.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...aunch-parties/

Is that still happening?
    If it is I hope it's different from the launch trailer
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-10-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The full interview in in a podcast here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...inkId=55412231
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The full interview in in a podcast here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...inkId=55412231
    Thanks, that was interesting.

I like that Sue's growth from the 60s was brought up. I hope they develop her further in this run as she really needs it.

It's nice that they confirmed that the wedding will definitely happen.

There's gonna be a Thing vs Hulk fight! It sounds like it may be around issue 12 it happens. I just hope this means that Ben gets stronger as he's fallen behind the other Marvel
    heavyweights.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-11-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Wow! What a great opening issue. It was so well done, I really don’t get the complaints. I’m definitely hooked.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The ages of the kids needs to be firmly set at least in Marvel's view. Val's not as important here as her supergenius status allows a LOT of leeway in her characterization. But Franklin, whether he's 10, 12, or 14 needs to act that age. There are big differences in character and abilities even when considering a two year difference in age.

That other FF looks like the surviving Liberteens, the Superhero Initiative team for Pennsylvania that operated out of Philadelphia: 2-D, Hope, Iceberg, and Ms. America (the second one, not Chavez who is actually the third).
    Yeah, they look like they are. I think that they were created by Slott when he was writing Avengers Initiative. Wonder if this Ms. America will get a new codename as Chavez is around.

I read it and it was ok. Maybe I hyped it up too much in my imagination.

I kind of got frustrated seeing Johnny and thing bickering again. It’s like, we’ve seen that too much and to be honest that why they got cancelled in the first place, because they didn’t move forward with anything. They just keep reliving the Stan and jack (and sometime Byrne) glory days.

If Johnny and Ben had an ideological tint like Charles versus magneto than sure go to town on it. But when I saw them bickering again I just rolled my eyes. I’m interested in a new start for the FF like when Thor relaunched

iMan 42s

Well I just finished reading it and I’m torn.

The art for both stories carries this issue. Sara Pichelli and Simon Bianchi are great for what they are given. I indeed believe they are true talents and I’m glad they continue to find work because sweet baby Thanos they are the true MVPs of the issue, because the stories just aren’t worth the money. This issue is largely frustrating because it tells us nothing we didn’t already know about the Fantastic Four and that the flashback feels more like padding and an excuse for Ben to consider the rock. The development with Ben is good. I actually liked that. But the rest doesn’t work for me. And objectively this issue doesn’t live up to the promise of Fantastic Four because we only see the end of an adventure is past tense and the Four have really nothing to do here. It’s just saying that what you came here to see won’t actually be back for another month. If you can get scans of Ben’s parts, read those. Otherwise this isn’t worth the money.

I don’t grade by numbers because that feels too harsh even for me. So I’m going with a letter grade.

C-

For what I’m promised and the price tag this has, not enough happens here to justify it being the beginning of the relaunch. This could very well have been in a bigger issue of Marvel two in one and it would’ve been fine. As is, it’s servicable, but it just doesn’t really work.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, they look like they are. I think that they were created by Slott when he was writing Avengers Initiative.
    They are indeed.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

That artwork makes me wonder if that team is getting their own book.

They are indeed.

Shame that Blue Eagle isn't there with the rest of his team. What do you think would be a new codename for this Ms. America as Chavez is around?

I hear this talk about Frank and Val being more active in the story. I hope Slott knows that the family is much bigger than a lot of people realize.

Sue and Reed have adopted/fostered lots more kids.

Bentley 23
    The Moloid kids
    The Atlantean kids
    Leech
    Artie

They are just as much their kids as Frank and Val. I hope they aren't forgotten or reduced to background characters.

It irritates me when people think the FF are still a 60s-like nuclear family with 1.5 kids, that don't don't represent most families nowadays. They have grown beyond that and are a unique family unit.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-12-2018 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hear this talk about Frank and Val being more active in the story. I hope Slott knows that the family is much bigger than a lot of people realize.

Sue and Reed have adopted/fostered lots more kids.

Bentley 23
    The Moloid kids
    The Atlantean kids
    Leech
    Artie

They are just as much their kids as Frank and Val. I hope they aren't forgotten or reduced to background characters.

It irritates me when people think the FF are still a 60s-like nuclear family with 1.5 kids, that don't don't represent most families nowadays. They have grown beyond that and are a unique family unit.
    I think there was confirmation that the rest of the Future Foundation would appear too, I'm not sure.

I think there was confirmation that the rest of the Future Foundation would appear too, I'm not sure.
    I'm sure they will be, but I'm thinking more on they way they interact with each other. Like the way they interact with Artie should be different to Alex Power who is also a member of the Future Foundation, but is more a friend of the family.

A simple way to show this would be one of the Moloid kids or maybe Bentley calling Sue mom.
    There are all these kids from different backgrounds now apart of the family, there is a lot of potential if you delve into that. Like Frank or Val could be jealous or something and seeing how that plays out. Or how Artie and Leech react to being apart of family.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-12-2018 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That artwork makes me wonder if that team is getting their own book.
    Who knows? Or maybe they can become another supporting team, maybe revive the "Fantastic Force" name?
    What do you think would be a new codename for this Ms. America as Chavez is around?
    Dunno, something with "America" in it like American Belle?

It just occurred to me, since Sue is like a mother figure to Anya Corazon aka Araña aka Spider-Girl and since Slott's used her in his Spidey stories, maybe she can appear here as well.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.