Page 230 of 287 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4303

I've read the November solicits: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-no...solicitations/

Fantastic Four #4 - The "A strange new turn in the Fantastic Four’s legacy!" part reinforces my belief that they are setting up the Fantastix as an FF teen book, like the Champions or Generation X.
    I'm intrigued about the secret side mission Ben's going to have.

Marvel 2-in-One #12 - I'm just really happy to see Sue in anything, it's great to have her back. I hope she gets great moments

Infinity Wars: Infinity Warps #1- Nice that the FF are involved in this, but the fusion is uninspired. I wish they combined with heroes outside of the team, but it's whatever I guess. I might take a look at it if I'm interested enough.

If I were doing it I'd have the FF cross with the X-Men:

The Thing/Colossus - Can't think of a good or funny combo name
    The Human Torch/Iceman - The Frozen Torch
    Invisible Woman/Storm - The Invisible Storm
    Mr Fantastic/Professor X (who is now in a new body and goes by X I think) - Professor Fantastic

All in all November will be an interesting for the FF.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-21-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Why is 2 in 1 still a thing with the FF back? I thought it was meant to be a lead in to their return

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is 2 in 1 still a thing with the FF back? I thought it was meant to be a lead in to their return
    Issue 10 (which is out next month) will be the end of the arc that leads to their return. The last two issues will be a team up between two members of the FF; Ben and Reed in issue 11, Sue and Johnny in issue 12. They will tie up any loose ends in the story and stuff that likely won't be in the main Fantastic Four book.

After that it sounds like the book will be called something else and will be different, it may turn into a general Marvel team-up book or something. Whatever it becomes, it sounds like it won't be an FF related book anymore and 2-in-One ends at issue 12.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-21-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Issue 10 (which is out next month) will be the end of the arc that leads to their return. The last two issues will be a team up between two members of the FF; Ben and Reed in issue 11, Sue and Johnny in issue 12. They will tie up any loose ends in the story and stuff that likely won't be in the main Fantastic Four book.

After that it sounds like the book will be called something else and will be different, it may turn into a general Marvel team-up book or something. Whatever it becomes, it sounds like it won't be an FF related book anymore and 2-in-One ends at issue 12.
    Using 2-in-One as an FF teamup book where various members of the FF team with other Marvel characters provides a lot of potential. Marvel's got a plethora of unused interesting characters and using that series as a way to provide those characters with an appearance is a plus. Also seeing how different members of the FF function away from the team adds to their story.

But without actually knowing what's happening, I suppose judgments are moot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Using 2-in-One as an FF teamup book where various members of the FF team with other Marvel characters provides a lot of potential. Marvel's got a plethora of unused interesting characters and using that series as a way to provide those characters with an appearance is a plus. Also seeing how different members of the FF function away from the team adds to their story.

But without actually knowing what's happening, I suppose judgments are moot.
    I agree, bit what Zdarsky has said leads me to believe that the book may no longer involve the FF.

I would love a FF team up book with other characters. I loved Spidey in MTU back in the day, but I was always super excited when I saw issues like Torch and Iceman.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

I agree, bit what Zdarsky has said leads me to believe that the book may no longer involve the FF.
    The possibility is certainly there, but the combination of FF and 2-in-1 sales probably will have an affect on Marvel's plans for 2-in-1.

I've read the November solicits: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-no...solicitations/

Fantastic Four #4 - The "A strange new turn in the Fantastic Four’s legacy!" part reinforces my belief that they are setting up the Fantastix as an FF teen book, like the Champions or Generation X.
    I'm intrigued about the secret side mission Ben's going to have.

Marvel 2-in-One #12 - I'm just really happy to see Sue in anything, it's great to have her back. I hope she gets great moments

Infinity Wars: Infinity Warps #1- Nice that the FF are involved in this, but the fusion is uninspired. I wish they combined with heroes outside of the team, but it's whatever I guess. I might take a look at it if I'm interested enough.

If I were doing it I'd have the FF cross with the X-Men:

The Thing/Colossus - Can't think of a good or funny combo name
    The Human Torch/Iceman - The Frozen Torch
    Invisible Woman/Storm - The Invisible Storm
    Mr Fantastic/Professor X (who is now in a new body and goes by X I think) - Professor Fantastic

All in all November will be an interesting for the FF.
    Torch/Iceman combined I could imagine having the same powers as Oya, one of the X-Men teens (whose last regular spot was in All-New X-Men). She controls both fire and ice. Also, of course, both are good friends with Spidey! It'd be a good match up.

Fantastix used to be the Liberteens, and the blonde girl (civilian name never revealed) was Ms America. Presumably she'll have a new codename, I wonder what?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Check out the original MTU #23 for Johnny and Icey boy.

Also look at MTU #18 (Hulk), #26 (Thor), #29 (Iron Man), #32 (Son of Satan), and #35 (Dr. Strange) for more Human Torch MTU goodness!
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Spectacular Member

If only:

Is Namor available to be Director/Producer?

Spectacular Member

I heard he has a first look deal at Universal.

Looking at the solicits it seems like Ben will get the majority of the focus for at least the first 5 issues of Slott's run. I'm Ok with that as he's taken a backseat in the recent FF stories. Now that he's come to terms with his appearance it seems that writers didn't really know how to develop him. I hope the marriage to Alicia provides Ben with new challenges and interesting stories. Plus I hope he gets stronger. Brevoort said that he will fight Hulk sometime and the only that will be a good fight is if Ben gets stronger than he is now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fantastix used to be the Liberteens, and the blonde girl (civilian name never revealed) was Ms America. Presumably she'll have a new codename, I wonder what?
    Miss Fantastic?

Looking at the solicits it seems like Ben will get the majority of the focus for at least the first 5 issues of Slott's run. I'm Ok with that as he's taken a backseat in the recent FF stories. Now that he's come to terms with his appearance it seems that writers didn't really know how to develop him. I hope the marriage to Alicia provides Ben with new challenges and interesting stories. Plus I hope he gets stronger. Brevoort said that he will fight Hulk sometime and the only that will be a good fight is if Ben gets stronger than he is now.
    Back in FF #25 and #26 Ben went toe to toe with Hulk. Only slightly losing. I long for the days when Ben is at this level again.