Page 234 of 287 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I remember one old FF comic (don't remember which one) where Ben knocked out Hulk after Sue had his head in a force field for a while. ANyone remember that one?? Or, have a scan?
    Fantastic Four #166
    Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_166.jpg
    5163125-7231036211-Invis.jpg
    ff166-Hulk-1hit.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I honestly believe that DeFalco was trying to parody the 90s in his run from turning Franklin into a Cable Clone via time travel right down to the psycho son from the future in the form of Hyperstorm.
    DeFalco wrote the title between 1991 and 1996.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    DeFalco wrote the title between 1991 and 1996.
    Considering that's right in the heart of the Dark Age, my theory suddenly gains more strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thank you Mike! I remember this issue fondly. It showed that team work can even take down the strongest hero in Marvel. Ben was a little gloomy, but a normal hero could not knock out Hulk even with his team helping. Ben's level of power has bothered me a lot over the years. "Toe to Toe" in FF #25. He needs to be at that level all the time.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Thank you Mike! I remember this issue fondly. It showed that team work can even take down the strongest hero in Marvel. Ben was a little gloomy, but a normal hero could not knock out Hulk even with his team helping. Ben's level of power has bothered me a lot over the years. "Toe to Toe" in FF #25. He needs to be at that level all the time.
    I liked Crimz’s suggestion of making him really, really fast and emphazing his durabilty and experience.

I’ve also from time to time toyed with idea...given size and “lumpiness” of his hands that he must have some form of tactile TK to allow him fine control for piloting and operating other complex machinery.

And he certainly needs to fight “clever” practically all the time. If he’s getting married he needs to take his duty to protect Alicia even more seriously than he has in past...so we could maybe have an ongoing theme of him training himself to fine tune his fighting prowess, and extend his powerset just a bit. Training under Karnak would make sense, for example.

In any event he should be up there as one of Marvel’s premier battlefield tanks. Thor, Hulk, Ben...he should be that level, and able to deal with Marvel’s other assorted “strong guys and gals” fairly easily.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 09-02-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Did anyone read Venom: First Host ?

Is that who i think it is? Just a lookalike?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Did anyone read Venom: First Host ?

Is that who i think it is? Just a lookalike?
    Yeah, that's Lyja alright!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It does. I must have been weirder than, because I was excited with the idea of Nathaniel Richards possibly being Cable, in some strange way. What a weird time loop. Cable, son of Cyclops and Maddy, is Reed's father. How freaky. I guess no one at Marvel could get behind it.

Mighty Member

Was it ever specified which Richards child Kang was descended from? At the time he was written, the only descendant could possibly be Franklin, but since Valeria was born and that there were rumors Kang was descended from Doom, someone Val has a special connection to, the likelihood of Valeria ultimately being the ancestor of Kang over Franklin increases exponensciablly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was that confirmed though?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Was it ever specified which Richards child Kang was descended from? At the time he was written, the only descendant could possibly be Franklin, but since Valeria was born and that there were rumors Kang was descended from Doom, someone Val has a special connection to, the likelihood of Valeria ultimately being the ancestor of Kang over Franklin increases exponentially.
    Nathaniel had another child that was born during Byrne's run. I don't think we've seen him since. His mother was Cassandra who turned out to be a manipulative, power hungry woman. There are some that feel that this child becomes the source of the Kang branch of the Richards family. I'd like to see someone explore that. It seems like the Richards family has some bad seeds out there...there's also Jonathan Richards aka Hyperstorm, the offspring of Franklin Richards and Rachel Summers. Nathaniel himself once hinted that he was the father of Kristoff Vernard but I think he later confessed to Sue he had told her a lot of lies. There's some evidence that the Nathaniel that shows up after Reed's "death" in FF #381 may be a Nathaniel from an alternate universe. He's shown getting killed by The Beast in Hickman's Fantastic Four where Immortus declared that all the Nathaniels had to participate in the Great Hunt. Immortus would allow only one Nathaniel to survive and it was a fight to the death.

I'm not against Val and Bentley 13 being the ancestors of Kang! Very funny idea...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But the one thing throws it off is that this Skrull has stretching powers. But it sure looks like her or the Super Skrull was in deep disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I'm not against Val and Bentley 13 being the ancestors of Kang! Very funny idea...
    Now that would be a novel idea! Nice to see you back Abe. Seems like you've been on vacation.