Page 237 of 287 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I've gotten a good enough impression of what I've read of the books so far to have the same "what the heck, go with it" feeling. The degree of correlation after the return SHOULD be better than it's been so far.
    I thought where 2-in-1 ended with issue 8...and then FF #1 came out between there issue 9...it just didn't work (obviously, as those who are current on reading already know). They should have let the return completely play out in 2-in-1 BEFORE FF relaunched, in my opinion. I really thought they would lead into each other and have more interplay. Kind of a bummer, but I can take it for what it is, as two separate stories/titles although they seem to be tackling the same thing (just...differently).

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I thought where 2-in-1 ended with issue 8...and then FF #1 came out between there issue 9...it just didn't work (obviously, as those who are current on reading already know). They should have let the return completely play out in 2-in-1 BEFORE FF relaunched, in my opinion. I really thought they would lead into each other and have more interplay. Kind of a bummer, but I can take it for what it is, as two separate stories/titles although they seem to be tackling the same thing (just...differently).
    My opinion is that MTIO should have had Johnny and Ben discovering that Reed Sue and the rest are alive somewhere. Somehow the two deserved a win in that book's story. Feel free to accuse me of fanboy entitlement, if you so choose. The end of MTIO 9 already disconnects with FF 646 (this book will ALWAYS have legacy numbering in my head) making the appeal of that last page somewhat different than it would have been otherwise. Was it planned that way to mess with us? Could be. The thought behind why it was done is unknown, but would difer greatly based on whether or not we had seen the Fantastic Four issue.

They likely didn't bring them back in Two-in-one because it would be a barrier to possible new readers. Someone who is intrigued by a new FF book isn't going to want to read another book to understand it. You'll get tons more readers in a Fantastic Four #1 than a Marvel Two-in-One #10. So it makes sense that you have the big return be in the actual FF book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They likely didn't bring them back in Two-in-one because it would be a barrier to possible new readers. Someone who is intrigued by a new FF book isn't going to want to read another book to understand it. You'll get tons more readers in a Fantastic Four #1 than a Marvel Two-in-One #10. So it makes sense that you have the big return be in the actual FF book.
    I get that totally. What I'm saying is for some sign they're not dead, even if Ben and Johnny don't find them. Something like that would have also boosted the reps of Ben and Johnny, who appear to be third and fourth on the FF rankings. I think they needed a win. As always, I accept differing opinions.

I think to argue your point...bring them back in 2-in-1 and launch the new FF book with all four members intact. FF felt like it could have been an issue of 2-in-1 to me.

EDIT: point being...new readers would be fine to jump on the book AFTER Reed/Sue return...then you launch into a new story right away...for a new FF #1 - I expected all members intact. This felt like an issue 11 of a larger arc.

Something that I want is for Reed to get angry or upset at Sue more.

Sue is always the one that gets angry at Reed for his flaws, but there is nothing really for Reed to be mad at Sue for. She should have flaws too that upset Reed and cause him to start arguments for once. It's too one-sided.

And before someone says, no not Namor. That story needs to be dead and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I think to argue your point...bring them back in 2-in-1 and launch the new FF book with all four members intact. FF felt like it could have been an issue of 2-in-1 to me.

EDIT: point being...new readers would be fine to jump on the book AFTER Reed/Sue return...then you launch into a new story right away...for a new FF #1 - I expected all members intact. This felt like an issue 11 of a larger arc.
    From a business perspective the best place for the return is in the FF book. It creates the most impact and more people will pick up the FF book they return in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd hope Slott would take the Future Foundation kids and give them a wide variety of emotions so that we get different takes and different reactions. In any case "obnoxious" is relative. I've raised a kid and worked in youth organizations for a decade and a half and teenagers vary between angels and demons that make Satan crap his pants. As to the aging, I'm not happy abut Val being as old as she is. Seeing her Moon Goirl's age would make for a better match, but a younger and smarter Lunella might make for a better relationship. Val's the smartest person in the room and has no problem letting everybody know that. Even when being good, she pisses folks off.

I'd like to see ages set for the kids though, and have those ages investigated as to what behaviors for them is usually like. What was a failure (IMO) about val before this was that she never acted three. She should have been almost a Stewie Griffin where she's super-smart scientist and then a baby needing a nap. Write them as kids. I don't care how effin'' smart Val is, young kids need their naps and snacks and no amount of intellidnce changes that.

Franklin, I'm not as worried about as he's a typical kid in his mid-teens now (from the looks of it). Just so long as he doesn't sound like a Silver Age DC Teen Titan and current pop culture doesn't date stuff too much, I can accept a lot more.
    I just hope they don't relive the mistakes of the past and that the FF can get back to its core stories unihibited by super crossover misadventures.

BANNED

Sue is always the one that gets angry at Reed for his flaws, but there is nothing really for Reed to be mad at Sue for.

A good husband who has a great wife rarely gets angry with her because he loves her and she rewards his love with children and a home.

Susan Richards happens to be an excellent wife and this is a loving couple.

Astonishing Member

Finally got my copy of Fantastic Four#1 (LGY:646) and have to say that this new FF comic book started quite well.
    The story was quite intriguing and interesting,really looking forward to read about the return of the rest of the team in the next issue.
    Art wise i can see why this artist is in this new comic book,Johny Stormm and Ben Grimm were quite well illustrated in the story for example.
    Was cool that this comic book had a Doctor Doom story as well.
    So this new comic book is how i think other issues ones of comic books should be done and i will be buying the next issues of Fantastic Four for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    A good husband who has a great wife rarely gets angry with her because he loves her and she rewards his love with children and a home.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Finally got my copy of Fantastic Four#1 (LGY:646) and have to say that this new FF comic book started quite well.
    The story was quite intriguing and interesting,really looking forward to read about the return of the rest of the team in the next issue.
    Art wise i can see why this artist is in this new comic book,Johny Stormm and Ben Grimm were quite well illustrated in the story for example.
    Was cool that this comic book had a Doctor Doom story as well.
    So this new comic book is how i think other issues ones of comic books should be done and i will be buying the next issues of Fantastic Four for sure.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post

Even when she is sleeping with Namor?
    Last edited by danielsan52; 09-08-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Even when she is sleeping with Namor?
    Except she never did. Even during that time when she left Reed after the Franklin thing, she would have been too distraught.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I thought that Frank and Val would be wearing the new uniforms based on the cover. I'm glad that's not the case and that the team likely won't get new ones until they are back together.

I thought that Frank and Val would be wearing the new uniforms based on the cover. I'm glad that's not the case and that the team likely won't get new ones until they are back together.
    There's a canonical sense to which uniforms are worn. The uniforms were changed dramatically after Johnny "died". And the blue to red to blue change. I expect the choice of uniform to have some meaning for the return of Reed, Sue, and the kids.

What was this advert doing in DC comics 11 years ago?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman