Page 245 of 287 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4303
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Not FF specific... but this is a major pet peeve of mine with the entire Comic industry now days. Everybody talks about new runs, new volumes.. New #1s are a great place for new fans to jump on. It's a new starting place...

And they aren't.

Like... EVER.

The stories, plot, and changes are direct continuations of the previous volume and you're just assumed to have been following along. I don't remember the last time I saw a new #1 that would appeal to a brand new fan who knew nothing about the hero it was involved with.

It's just a marketing ploy to grab more money from people who don't know any better... It's never what's actually being advertised. A fresh start for people without the 70 year history.

Don't even get starting with Continuity twine problems that even an astorphysicist couldn't unravel.

BANNED

BANNED

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

By Alex Ross
    These are beautiful. He should be doing the regular covers for this book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Not FF specific... but this is a major pet peeve of mine with the entire Comic industry now days. Everybody talks about new runs, new volumes.. New #1s are a great place for new fans to jump on. It's a new starting place...

And they aren't.

Like... EVER.

The stories, plot, and changes are direct continuations of the previous volume and you're just assumed to have been following along. I don't remember the last time I saw a new #1 that would appeal to a brand new fan who knew nothing about the hero it was involved with.

It's just a marketing ploy to grab more money from people who don't know any better... It's never what's actually being advertised. A fresh start for people without the 70 year history.

And then 1st issue is $6, 5th issue is $6, and a $5 one shot as well.

They really dont help themselves at all sometimes.

Does Medusa have a best friend? If not then her and Sue are perfect.
    I could see them as besties sure. Wasn’t Alicia the maid of honour at sue’s Wedding? I think that was just a nice thing to do so Ben and by extension reed are happy. Medusa and Susan strike me as the yummy mummies of the marvel u for want of a better term. Maybe more like that Mila Kunis movie ‘bad mums’

Seeing as the FF are back, it means that they can guest appear and team up with other heroes again. What team-ups would you like to see?

I want Kamala Kahn meeting the entire team, but especially Reed. He can give her some stretching tips and may learn a thing or two himself.

Reed with Moon Girl. Hopefully he convinces her to join the Future Foundation.

Valeria with Moon Girl and Honey Badger. I think it would lots of fun

Franklin with the Champions, especially Miles. We could a get a dynamic similar to Johnny and Peter.

Sue with as many people as possible. I just want her interacting with people all over the MU, getting out there as much as possible.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I agree, both kids need to meet the Champions, and Val does need to meet Moon Girl. I can see Valeria not being happy to find out about Riri, Nadia and her GIRL crew, and especially Lunella, whose claim to be the smartest person on Earth is something Valeria will want to challenge.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I agree, both kids need to meet the Champions, and Val does need to meet Moon Girl. I can see Valeria not being happy to find out about Riri, Nadia and her GIRL crew, and especially Lunella, whose claim to be the smartest person on Earth is something Valeria will want to challenge.
    Valeria and Moon girl have an intelligence battle while franklin and DD have some fun adventure

Those Alex Ross uniforms we saw a year back were for his book Marvelocity, which is the Marvel version of his DC Mythology book.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Valeria and Moon girl have an intelligence battle while franklin and DD have some fun adventure
    Valeria and Lunella has to happen. I can't imagine marvel not building this up into something.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Seeing as the FF are back, it means that they can guest appear and team up with other heroes again. What team-ups would you like to see?

I want Kamala Kahn meeting the entire team, but especially Reed. He can give her some stretching tips and may learn a thing or two himself.

Franklin with the Champions, especially Miles. We could a get a dynamic similar to Johnny and Peter.

Sue with as many people as possible. I just want her interacting with people all over the MU, getting out there as much as possible.
    Let Sue and Jan get together, as Marvel’s First Ladies, and start up a female hero initiative for some of the younger girl heroes popping up. Something like Nadia’s GIRL group.

Some great art from the Fantastic Four Chronicles, by Fantaco, from the early 80s.
    I remember picking this up, when it came out, at the local comic shop. Sadly no longer open.
    2016-12-17_202616_FFchronicles1.jpg

Incredible Member

Some interesting ideas here, Franklin with Miles could be fun, I like the idea of Kamala and Reed to.

A few additions though, I'd love to see Ben meet Amadeus (a Hulk he wouldn't have to fight, even if he is weaker!), Sue and Nadia would be a fun meeting too

Cheers.

James.

Mighty Member

I have a few:

• Franklin babysits Kobik. Franklin basically meets a sentient cosmic cube which reminds him a lot about himself, seeing how he used to dish out retcons like candy back in the day.
    • Franklin meets Hope Summers. Not asking for any relationship from the two, but I want him to start interacting with more mutants because he is a mutant.
    • Val and Dr. Strange. It's a weird one, but I want to see Val try to scientifically rationalize magic only to find it impossible to do and decides to learn it.
    • Girl's Night Out with Val, Nadia, Moon Girl, Honey Badger, Onome, and more. I honestly want to see a group of girls with differing definitions of fun go out and have the time of their lives.
    • Fantastic Four vs. Mr. Sinister. Sinister wants to add Franklin to his list of people he wants for his ultimate superhuman.
    • Fantastic Four catches up on old times with Carol and Tony and slaps them for creating that mess known as Civil War II.