Page 262 of 287 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4303
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if comic book companies hate the phrase "You have to spend money to make money". It's like they are allergic to effort and then wonder why they struggle with sales.

This is going to need to be advertised to survive after this awful start, we're not even at issue 3 and there has been delays plus two artist changes. The momentum is officially dead and there is only one way to save, but that's not going to happen.

But as I said earlier, the most frustrating thing about all of this is that the blame will be put on the characters. There will be all these discussions and articles about the viability of the Fantastic Four when Marvel themselves are at fault.
    I share your frustration with this and IMO it's a company wide problem. Maybe even an industry wide problem went it comes to the creative staff, namely the artists. I've been posting for a while now how Marvel doesn't seem to have as solid a roster as they've had in years past. Maybe it's salary, or workload...I honestly don't know. I think part of the problem may have to do with the expansion of titles when they got the Star Wars rights again. In the old days, there was only one title per month when they had the rights. Now they have 7 or 8 Star Wars titles. In fact, the whole line is bloated IMO.

But I really don't know why they can't have a more reliable method of assigning artists to titles. The fact that we've had switches this soon in the relaunch isn't good IMO. I don't know why Pichelli is already working on something else when promos played up the fact that she was on the title at least through issue 3 or 4. Even that is questionable. It used to be they would have the artist committed to six issues so that for the TPB, the art would be consistent.

Mighty Member

Comic companies never seem to go out of their way to advertise their books. They don't have tv commercials to advertise comics anymore. The only place I see comic books advertised is in other comics or on social media platforms associated with the company.

I don't welcome very well those changes of artist...

I will especially regret how Pichelli works the body language. Alicia was amazing in the first issues - as the kittens! The portrayal of every member of the exiled family according to his age was great too. And she was not bad at all when it comes to cosmic stuffs... So I had expectations for the future of the book... It looked a bit different already...

I really miss the time when artists used to stay for a long time. Nowadays more than often the change happens even during a story arc.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

F4 #6 postponed from Jan 9th to Jan 16th.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...vel-ironheart/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I am less than happy with the number of delays issues in this series have gotten.

Yeah... not good for momentum.

I wish we knew why the delays were happening. Ms Marvel is the only one reported in that article which has an obvious excuse.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fred Hembeck and Mark Buckingham Join Fantastic Four Wedding Special #1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...ing-special-1/

Plus:

And in other Fantastic Four ch-ch-changes news, we mentioned Sara Pichelli was off Fantastic Four #4 – and all subsequent issues, – but it seems she won’t be drawing all of Fantastic Four #3 either as Nico Leon will be contributing a number of pages too.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-26-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Fred Hembeck and Mark Buckingham Join Fantastic Four Wedding Special #1
    HEMBECK!!!

This is the kind of stuff that the FF needs to help push it to a higher level of fame. The bigger A-list characters have a plethora of styles and types of stories and even characters. By limiting the FF to a homogeneous style of story, throw stuff like Hembeck and Skottie Young page in there to show how the concept carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...vel-ironheart/

What's going on with this damn relaunch?

so how many new worlds are going to be explored as the storylines progress? it seems like a lot of people are demanding a new Galactus story or a new Doom story, but it could be valuable to at least try new adversaries for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how many new worlds are going to be explored as the storylines progress? it seems like a lot of people are demanding a new Galactus story or a new Doom story, but it could be valuable to at least try new adversaries for once.
    Doom and Galactus are the "go to"s. Slott's already brought in Eradikus (or whatever her name is) as a new villain. That's a good first step towards expansion. My only real desire in seeing another Doom or Galactus story is examining how their latest developments have affected them and changed them. Doom's had a lot going on which no one but Ben has really experienced. Galactus had a "life giver' phase which really could have an effect on him. I hope it's a different take but based on the work Slott's done on Silver Surfer and Spider-Man, I believe he is going to try to shake things up differently.

Mighty Member

I honestly want the Doom story to be Reed extending an olive branch and wants to help Doom stabilize Latveria.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I honestly want the Doom story to be Reed extending an olive branch and wants to help Doom stabilize Latveria.
    I want something that reflects the seminal (I fell asleep reading Claremont last night) events in Secret Wars. Reed was grateful to Doom for saving what he couldn't. But Reed saw where Doom wasn't able to expand past battleworld and fixed things. Doom admitted richards was better than he was. Reed sends Doom back with a fixed face and the belief he's dead. Doom becomes a good guy, with a grey area siue, but a good guy/

These two were responsible for recreating the entire multiverse. It has got to be one hell of a morning after discussion between them, shouldn't it?