Page 264 of 287 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I didn't like it either. It's absurd not only for Sue but for Reed and the kids too. I had the same kind of issues with the Annual btw. And I obviously think that the ending of SW was enough to give a conclusion to that chapter of Reed and Doom's relationship.

But I did like the issue : some of the pages were really nice. And I can't help but read Ben's sentences about how wrong Reed was making everyone think they were dead in order to fix something as a meta commentary about how wrong Marvel dealt with the ending of the FF title. I don't blame Zdarsky for that...

I'm curious about the next issue with Sue and Johnny...
    I did like it actually. Reed screwed up, yes. He (they? who know how that decision making process went? somethings my wife and I MUST decide together, others one of us tells the other they or the other will take it.) should have asked Ben and Johnny. Seems a big screw-up for someone who's learns so much about friendship with every writer that he really should have some of it sink in. But, my big takeaway is that for all the fixation Doom has on Reed, this issue seems to indicate reed has just as much of a fixation on Doom. granted, it's not one of humiliation and domination, but still Reed thinks about how something will affect Victor a lot.

It's a bit nerve-wracking to me to see Reed's concerns about Victor done by a writer who isn't Dan Slott. I'd like to see that attitude and feeling carried over to other post-SW appearances of the two. Of course, if this means that Marvel has a set "bible" of how this relationship currently stands, then any talented writer could handle it. let's hope that's the case. Seeing some dark in Reed and some light in Victor is good for me. Both men performed something major during SW and should have been affected by it. Doom, we've seen a lot of in Infamous, but Reed, not so much yet.

There's Supes/Luthor, Bats/Joker, Spidey/Goblin, Xavier/Magneto, and Reed/Doom. Some of these adversarial pairs have changed over the years, others not so much. If Reed has changed after being the driver in recreating the multiverse, he'd need some sort of huge psychological something to keep that from affecting him. Doom saved the multiverse through Battleworld. If it wasn't for Doom, all we'd have is reed's little ship. Again, how does one really digest that? Especially Doom.

It should be fun.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Medusa's reaction was most appropriate.

Gotta love how Logan is there and none of the X-Men or his close friends have any reaction to his presence.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So Bobby is there but Bruce isn't… yet? When was Iceman an honorary FF member?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So Bobby is there but Bruce isn't… yet? When was Iceman an honorary FF member?
    He's the odd one out and I don't know why he's here. Maybe it will be answered.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

November is a very Fantastic month

The team had a brief cameo in Marvel Knights 20th #1

There is Fantastic Four #3 as well as Infinity Warps #1 which has "The Terrific Two" out next week.

Still wish that the FF's fusion was different and with another team, this is basically just Reed and Ben.

Then there is Marvel Two-in-One #12 and Fantastic Four #4 both out November 28th.

It finally feels like the team is back and I'm really happy about it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-09-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I still think my "Johnny's +1" joke is funny.

Clearly he picked the worst time to photobomb the Fantastic Four

Mighty Member

By the nature of Infinity Warps, would that mean Franklin and Val got un-created by Gamora? The only way they could survive their parents' warp is if they were merged with an unrelated character so they would still technically exist.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 11-09-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm guessing Slott will have a retcon or backstory. But no Bruce on panel so far. (Honestly though, if he was there as the current Immortal Hulk and not Mr. Fixit, I'd be worried.)
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cover by Mark Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm guessing Slott will have a retcon or backstory. But no Bruce on panel so far. (Honestly though, if he was there as the current Immortal Hulk and not Mr. Fixit, I'd be worried.)
    Movie Stark: "We have a Hulk."

Comic Book Reed: "We have two Hulks."

I was filing some comics away and came across this:
    FF record.jpg
    As a kid I used to listen to this over and over.
    When I reread an issue of the FF I still "hear" these voices.