Page 271 of 287 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4303

Yeah, here's some things that would be nice to see:

Valeria interacting with the Champions. Nadia, Amadeus, and Riri would all want to compare notes. Val thinks she's smarter than everyone. But she won't know Nadia and Riri even exist. She should meet Moon Girl too, for the same reason.
    Reed interacting with Ms Marvel. Their powers are similar. I bet Reed would enjoy analysing her! Maybe they could teach each other some new tricks.
    Franklin interacting with the Power Pack, who need an update about where Alex is.
    Sue interacting with ANYONE.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Valeria interacting with the Champions. Nadia, Amadeus, and Riri would all want to compare notes. Val thinks she's smarter than everyone. But she won't know Nadia and Riri even exist. She should meet Moon Girl too, for the same reason.
    Reed interacting with Ms Marvel. Their powers are similar. I bet Reed would enjoy analysing her! Maybe they could teach each other some new tricks.
    Franklin interacting with the Power Pack, who need an update about where Alex is.
    Having read that a thought occurred to me, would Reed, Sue, Val, and Franklin be aware that Miles is not of this universe? I mean they essentially helped rewrite the universe with Molecule Man (if I'm remembering that right) and have been exploring the multiverse for years, so would they know that Miles is someone who was added to the universe after Secret Wars.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Having read that a thought occurred to me, would Reed, Sue, Val, and Franklin be aware that Miles is not of this universe? I mean they essentially helped rewrite the universe with Molecule Man (if I'm remembering that right) and have been exploring the multiverse for years, so would they know that Miles is someone who was added to the universe after Secret Wars.
    I don't see Miles as being from another universe anymore. After the universe was recreated at the end of SW 9, Earth was restored pretty much as it had been before the incursions started. Some changes occurred and Marvel could use this as a continuity fix, but this Miles running around is native to the recreated 616. Unlike Dark Beast, mini-Reed, or the O5 X-men.

Then again, I haven't read any Miles outside of his role in SW, so there may be issues regarding other dimensional existence there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I'd also want Val interacting with Shuri after Black Panther suggested it in issue 3.
    Franklin should know more about his being a mutant and what that means so he should interact with the X-Men more, particularly the teens.
    I agree with Sue and anyone, just give me something.
    Reed and Kamala could be interesting, I'd also like to see him with Moon Girl like Val.
    Ben and Johnny interacted with quite a few heroes while the others were gone, that should just continue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Franklin should know more about his being a mutant and what that means so he should interact with the X-Men more, particularly the teens.
    I'd honestly like to see him interact with Beast, considering Reed isn't knowledgeable about the x-gene having never studied it. Beast should be able to properly explain the nature of his powers. Let's be honest, someone needs to explain how his powers went from "I can create universes" to "My powers are still vast, but they're like an JRPG mana bar."

Since Kobik is still running around somewhere, Franklin is probably the most qualified to clean up her cosmic messes.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'd honestly like to see him interact with Beast, considering Reed isn't knowledgeable about the x-gene having never studied it. Beast should be able to properly explain the nature of his powers. Let's be honest, someone needs to explain how his powers went from "I can create universes" to "My powers are still vast, but they're like an JRPG mana bar."

Since Kobik is still running around somewhere, Franklin is probably the most qualified to clean up her cosmic messes.
    A good idea. I loved seeing Ben and Peter giving Franklin different advice in the last issue after he had his butt handed to him. Teenagers get inspiration and knowledge from many sources other than just their parents. Most of the mutant issues have been focused on their being different than normal homo sapiens. Franklin doesn't have this problem, but he is physiologically a mutant. What that means is going to differ with each writer, but Franklin seeking out the X-Men and finding out more about that part of his life seems like a necessity.

No. No mutant story. Franklin's problem is that he is a god... not that he is a mutant. Keep him away from the Xbooks...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    No. No mutant story. Franklin's problem is that he is a god... not that he is a mutant. Keep him away from the Xbooks...
    I get where you're coming from. My point is that in growing up teenagers look for answers elsewhere and Franklin needs that as a character. Tieing Franklin into every frequent mutant crossover mess is unappealing, but the idea of a godlike teenage boy thinking his answer lies with Mom and Dad is just too unbelievable to me.

I do really enjoy seeing alternate views, by the way.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I second that. Franklin is different from the X-band, which has a past history of concealment and isolation. Remember how Professor X kept them in his private school whereas Reed and Sue have tried to keep things as normal as possible for Franklin. It is a good idea to have him go to school but they could afford to send him to a highly rated private school. They might have to make arrangments for him to take on an assumed name or something to prevent attacks from their enemies. Of course he could be home schooled to some extent. This is why I wish Slott kept the Future Foundation around as classmates

I love the X-Men and think that Franklin should interact with them for the main purpose of seeing how he views the mutant plight and how he views himself as a mutant. There has been some focus on his godlike power and how it effects him but none on him being a mutant. There can be some interesting development and stories there.

Should he ever join the X-Men or attend their school? No way in hell. Just let him cameo/guest appear for an issue or two and steer clear from X-events.

I used to love the X-men back in the days - I stopped reading comics around SW2 . In fact Morrison's New X-Men was almost the only Marvel comic book I read till I get back quite later to the comics about the end of Hickman's FF run. And I'm still found of many mutant characters. But I was unable to get into any X-23book since then.

I guess my point was not that I wouldn't like seeing Franklin talking with Beast - but no more than with Peter... or Stephen... or anyone else in the Marvel Universe.

To be honest I doubt that Hank coukd be the good person to explain his powers. It's a talk he should have with Galan or Uatu or sone Celestial... or his future self. (That was clever because it was all about the magic of childhood under Hickman's pen.)

What else in the X mythos could be interesting.
    Hmm.... I'm not sure that a meeting with Rachel would be the good thing to do...
    The discrimination? It's not his story. The metaphor of the puberty? It's not his story either: his powers manifested earlier and he currently has lost some of them... so I'm not sure it's the goid story to tell...

I kinda regret that the Future Foundation is not around, like Iron Maiden, because they were a good environment. But there's still plenty to do with him - and he was really well written in the last issue btw: I liked how he leaves with Ben and loved the scene with Alicia.

I don't want to keep him with Mom and Dad for ever. But there are many things more interesting to do than to put the focus on his X-gene. Something that was never that much relevant imho.

I won't be against a meeting with Kitty tbh... (even if I don't really know what his her current status tbh).
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Is it worth branching into another thread about Franklin hanging with the mutant crowd to discuss this? I see a lot of potential good points on both sides and the people who have chimed in so far all have opinions I respect. Even if, you know, they don't necessarily agree with me on this point.

Mighty Member

I'd honestly want to see some resent from the mutant kids. Franklin was born into the F4, among the most well-loved superheroes on the face of the Marvel Universe. Franklin's a mutant born into a position of such great love from the public and his own family, yet a ton of mutant kids are runaways from intolerant parents, kicked out by said intolerant parents, lost their loving and accepting parents to anti-mutant hysteria, or accidentally killed their parents when their powers manifested.

I'm sure envy would run high among the mutant students.

Harsh. I just wanted him to have friends his own age, considering all of his are currently chasing Molecule Man's remains.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 11-29-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Is it worth branching into another thread about Franklin hanging with the mutant crowd to discuss this? I see a lot of potential good points on both sides and the people who have chimed in so far all have opinions I respect. Even if, you know, they don't necessarily agree with me on this point.
    Could be interesting depending on the question of the thread. Where would it go? The Marvel or X-boards?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'd honestly want to see some resent from the mutant kids. Franklin was born into the F4, among the most well-loved superheroes on the face of the Marvel Universe. Franklin's a mutant born into a position of such great love from the public and his own family, yet a ton of mutant kids are runaways from intolerant parents, kicked out by said intolerant parents, lost their loving and accepting parents to anti-mutant hysteria, or accidentally killed their parents when their powers manifested.

I'm sure envy would run high among the mutant students.
    Does the public know he's a mutant? I can never figure it out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Does the public know he's a mutant? I can never figure it out.
    In Acts of Vengeance, Sue reveals to the government in protest of a Superhuman Registration Act (where was this when Civil War?) along with her husband that Franklin's status as a mutant and how this would negatively affect superheroism. I don't remember if this was a public or private conversation.

If the advertisements for Fall of the Mutants for 1988 are to be taken as canon, Franklin is publicly known as a mutant.

Mutant_Reg_Ad.JPG