Page 280 of 287 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think the last time Kang got a really good push was during Busiek's Avengers. Fraction's take on him was a bit odd...and then it was Kid Kang or something.

I don't think the Frightful Four have had a really good showing since the Lee Kirby days. IMO that was when Stan and Jack really got on a roll. The Frightful Four defeats the FF and maroons them on an island where they barely escape death but lose their powers. To make things worse Doom comes to the realization that Reed tricked him in FF annual #2. After an epic battle in the Baxter Building and the defeat of Doom by the Thing, the Frightful Four come back for a rematch. The Wizard takes advantage of Ben's estrangement from the team and uses is ID device to heighten that into outright hostility towards them.

I don't think anyone else has made them as dangerous since then.

Everyone used to say the U-Foes should face the FF but IIRC they got jobbed in Secret Warriors or maybe Dark Reign? I think they need a better team name and a relaunch.
    Outside of their initial showing, the Frightful Four have been the team the Wrecking Crew would make fun of. They'd make a halfway decent showing in part one of a story and then, basically the FF laughs at them until they self-destruct. Their fourth member has been a revolving door. the Sandman toys with good guy dom. The Trapster is totally out of his league, and the Wizard who might be able to compete, is dealing with a B-team at best.

But, damn, that run from 36-43 was truly epic for them. It is a shame they never managed to keep any of that gravitas. The U-foes are basically Red Ghost's Super Apes with hair cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Plus less villains that target Reed. Give me more villains that target the entire team and villains that specifically target Sue, Ben, and Johnny individually. Puppet Master is more focused on Ben which is nice, he just needs more fine tuning. He should be a bigger threat with his abilities.

That would be nice. Reed seems to get 80% of the villains targeting him out of genius envy... and Ben gets his fair share of 'whoever is known for being strong' coming at him... Rhino, Wrecker, etc.... but for someone as brash, arrogant and womanizing as Johnny... I'm actually a little stunned he doesn't have more vendettas focused on him. I'm sure there have to be SOME... but at the drop of a hat here... I'm drawing a blank. Sue could use some focus too of course...

Each of them are world famous superheroes and should have plenty of enemies of their own that can dominate a story arc or two... Lets' spread the love around

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Kang. Even with the Doom/Kang/Rama Tut mish-mash, Kang and time seems like something the FF could easily slide into.
    Kang does have an emotional stake in the Fantastic Four. Keep mind, he is descended from both Doom and Richards, meaning that Valeria or Franklin could be among his ancestors. Personally, I'm leaning towards Val since the whole descended from Doom and Richards thing makes sense when you account for her history.

You know who would be a good villain against the FF? Selene. She represents this old, angry goddess archetype which contrasts with the Fantastic Four's future, technological theme.

Of course, Mr. Sinister wanting to harvest Franklin's x-gene is on the table, seeing how he does know about him.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 12-20-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Of course, Mr. Sinister wanting to harvest Franklin's x-gene is on the table, seeing how he does know about him.
    I would never stop telling that not using Mr Sinister or Apocalypse against FF is a mistake. With Reed and Sue having one,if not, the most powerful mutant in the world as a son,that makes Franklin a perfect target for a mad scientist like Sinister or a would be conqueror like Apocalypse.Wasted potentials. It could breath fresh air both to FF and those villains who got stuck in X-Men.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I would never stop telling that not using Mr Sinister or Apocalypse against FF is a mistake. With Reed and Sue having one,if not, the most powerful mutant in the world as a son,that makes Franklin a perfect target for a mad scientist like Sinister or a would be conqueror like Apocalypse.Wasted potentials. It could breath fresh air both to FF and those villains who got stuck in X-Men.
    I completely agree with this.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I’m planning to start reading Fantastic Four. Never really read any of their comic, can someone guide me as to which run I should read.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaKat View Post
    I’m planning to start reading Fantastic Four. Never really read any of their comic, can someone guide me as to which run I should read.

Thank you
    The original Stan Lee/Jack Kirby run

The Mark Waid/Mike Wieringo run

The Jonathan Hickman run

Are all what I'd recommend as starting points. But especially the original Lee/Kirby stuff.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

The Jonathan Hickman run

Are all what I'd recommend as starting points. But especially the original Lee/Kirby stuff.
    I'd say only read the Lee/Kirby run if you can handle silver age stories. If you want something more modern then I recommend Waid/Wieringo's run.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    And Sinister is aware of Franklin. Or at least he's aware of an alternate universe version of Franklin and Rachel where they have a son who antagonized the Fantastic Four and is public knowledge.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I completely agree with this.
    One reason i enjoyed Onslaught story, except that X-men treated Fantastic Four and Avengers as the top dogs of superheroing(and we talk about the era where x-franchise was all-powerfull),was the usage of Franklin. He was instrumental for Onslaught ascencion into a superior being.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

The Jonathan Hickman run

I'd say only read the Lee/Kirby run if you can handle silver age stories. If you want something more modern then I recommend Waid/Wieringo's run.
    Roger. Thank You, Guys

Did Franklin and his sister finally grow up? I heard they are now mid teens ?

Mighty Member

Roger. Thank You, Guys

Did Franklin and his sister finally grow up? I heard they are now mid teens ?
    If Valeria is a teenager, then Franklin would be around a legal adult.

I'm just going to blame any age discrepancies on Franklin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If Valeria is a teenager, then Franklin would be around a legal adult.

I'm just going to blame any age discrepancies on Franklin.
    They went from not aging at all to rapid aging.

If I can easily understand any complaint about that variant cover - even if I like it - I must say that I'm a bit surprised that no one seems to notice the issues with some art in the preview of the next issue...

I probably should start to question my own judgement and my own eyes...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Thank you
    Kirby and Lee is of course a must try - evening it's silver age. It's silver age masterpiece and where so much things originated. Never boring and so many times amazing.

The Byrne's run is also something to try imho. Many very interesting takes on the characters of ygr myhthis and great innovative art!

The Simonson's run is quite beautiful also - and full of fun and ideas. It's affordable in Epic Collection Volumes- as a good part of Kirby and Lee - which is not the case of Byrne's work iirc.

For a modern take I think Hickman's run is absolutely great. And if you get a taste for Reed - and Doom - then New Avengers ( and Avengers) and Secret Wars are absolutely worthy. NA and SW are obviously FF books for me.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !