Page 46 of 287 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    WHOA! I haven't been to that site in a while. They have added quite a lot. There's comics on there that I have never even heard of before. So cool!
    The guy that maintains that site frequents the Fantastic Four MB and he's talked about "retiring it" one day because it takes a lot of his time. I hope Chris can be talked out of it. He did a great job.

Going back to the covers, there are so many to chose from, of course Byrne's #236 is near the top. It's too bad that Kirby was on bad terms with Marvel because Byrne had him next to Stan but demanded he be removed. He did eventually come back to work for Marvel.

This is a favorite Kirby cover mostly because it's one of the few times Kirby drew Spider-man on a cover and it's an early example of a cross over in Marvel. It's a continuation of Daredevil story where Doom swapped bodies with him.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-20-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The guy that maintains that site frequents the Fantastic Four MB and he's talked about "retiring it" one day because it takes a lot of his time. I hope Chris can be talked out of it. He did a great job.
    Yeah, I hope he doesn't either. It's cool to see all the different covers.

Going back to the covers, there are so many to chose from, of course Byrne's #236 is near the top. It's too bad that Kirby was on bad terms with Marvel because Byrne had him next to Stan but demanded he be removed. He did eventually come back to work for Marvel.

This is a favorite Kirby cover mostly because it's one of the few times Kirby drew Spider-man on a cover and it's an early example of a cross over in Marvel. It's a continuation of Daredevil story where Doom swapped bodies with him.

It's a nice cover, but strange matchups. I can see Thing vs Thor, but Reed against DD and Torch vs Spidey are strange.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I love that cover too!

I don't think Spidey and Torch are strange because they fought so many times since then (see the classic early Marvel Team-ups)

I will post another cover soon!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

As you can tell, I love the early covers so much!!!!!

So many things to love in this cover: still 10 cents (gives you a feel of how long the FF were around), 1st appearance of the Skrulls, The FF in civilian cloths, The look of Ben, The Marvel Comics logo missing (just the tiny "MC" in the right corner), .....OMG, just love everything about it!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    As you can tell, I love the early covers so much!!!!!
    Can't go wrong with Kirby
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I have to post both of these because they go together. And they're funny LOL

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Fantastic Four have some of the best covers in history.Here some of my favorites(that got my attention as a kid to read FF title)

" I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

So very obvious;
    TF4__TREASURY_EDITION.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post

FF 112 is simple yet effective because it tells the reader: Get ready for a rumble!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So very obvious;
    TF4__TREASURY_EDITION.jpg
    That's a great cover!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Alway liked the cover to FF annual #3, the wedding issue. Hard to believe what a high volume of work Kirby was doing back then. Multiple titles plus each would get an oversized annual all in the same years

I love the cover of FF #48 because I find it so enticing

detail.jpg

The great Fantastic Four, the large figure of the Watcher and lots and lots of civilians are gathered, even on rooftops, and are staring at something or someone with worry and even fear. Something we, the readers, cannot see.
    What can have caused such a reaction?

What can be so awesome and terrifying?

Who is that Galactus that's coming?

Man, I would have so pestered my parents to buy me that comic if I had seen it as a kid.

Another favorite from the Lee-Kirby run, my favorite FF run and one of my favorites in comics, in general

21874.jpg

Kirby's Puppet Master looks so creepy, and the Fantastic Four so helpless

Alway liked the cover to FF annual #3, the wedding issue. Hard to believe what a high volume of work Kirby was doing back then. Multiple titles plus each would get an oversized annual all in the same years

Yeah, it really is amazing what he did. And that is a cool cover

Quote Originally Posted by Great O.G.U.F.O.O.L. View Post
    I love the cover of FF #48 because I find it so enticing

detail.jpg

The great Fantastic Four, the large figure of the Watcher and lots and lots of civilians are gathered, even on rooftops, and are staring at something or someone with worry and even fear. Something we, the readers, cannot see.
    What can have caused such a reaction?

What can be so awesome and terrifying?

Who is that Galactus that's coming?

Man, I would have so pestered my parents to buy me that comic if I had seen it as a kid.
    Me too. I did get it later on when I was older. It was one of my precious comics from my collection.