Page 47 of 287 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Great O.G.U.F.O.O.L. View Post
    Another favorite from the Lee-Kirby run, my favorite FF run and one of my favorites in comics, in general

Attachment 32968

Kirby's Puppet Master looks so creepy, and the Fantastic Four so helpless
    That's the reason I never liked this cover. His smiling face is so creepy.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

My biases showing, these were some of my favorite FF ... and Namor ... covers.

This is a reprint of FF Annual #1, but I actually prefer Romita's cover over Kirby's.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

...Love love love this cover...I can't pinpoint why it just speaks to me!!!

...if I was a kid back then and this was at the store I would of flipped! LOL

...as I have posted before (like 100 times), this is my favorite FF cover of all time!!!! I would tattoo it on my belly (if my mom wouldn't die). LOL
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post

Same here. These are the type of covers that always drew my attention and made me pull money out of my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post

...Love love love this cover...I can't pinpoint why it just speaks to me!!!

...as I have posted before (like 100 times), this is my favorite FF cover of all time!!!! I would tattoo it on my belly (if my mom wouldn't die). LOL
    LOL! Yeah, let's not give your mom a stroke.

That first one is cool ... I like how you could make a book mark or something out of the four FF heads along the bottom.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

That first one is cool ... I like how you could make a book mark or something out of the four FF heads along the bottom.
    You know, that would be cool. I'm surprised nobody has done that yet.

I always liked this FF cover:

Another favorite cover is FF #258

26d45e6dee638b6764b21110f267ef12.jpg

I love how you can see glimpses of the first page through the "ripped" cover. Was Byrne the first to use that trick?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Gee, that reminds me how I really liked Valeria Von Doom even if she was another of Claremont's AU children, Rachel

I love how you can see glimpses of the first page through the "ripped" cover. Was Byrne the first to use that trick?
    I like that cover too and Byrne is making an homage to a Jack Kirby's cover for FF #92, only he takes it to another level when he shows us the interior page of the comic. I also like that you can see Doom's reflection in his glove, which must be highly polished!

Great cover! And to answer your question, I'm not sure. I really can't think of anyone else before him doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    You know, that would be cool. I'm surprised nobody has done that yet.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they had. Especially back in the Marvel Mania days.

I love the covers where you can see reflections in Doom's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I like that cover too and Byrne is making an homage to a Jack Kirby's cover for FF #92, only he takes it to another level when he shows us the interior page of the comic. I also like that you can see Doom's reflection in his glove, which must be highly polished!

I didn't know that! Cool.

I always like "Wanted Dead or Alive" covers:

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Not the FF book, but 1/2 the team!

Love these old Strange tales covers!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Today is a sad day. Paul Ryan passed away at the age of 66. He worked on a lot of Marvel titles, including the World's Greatest. My condolences and prayers go out to his family.

FF358.jpg