Page 48 of 287 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

He was a big part of the Fantastic Four of the 1990's. My sympathies to his family.

He did have hand in the creation of one character that I miss, Lyja.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He was a big part of the Fantastic Four of the 1990's. My sympathies to his family.

He did have hand in the creation of one character that I miss, Lyja.

I miss Lyja too
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I found this artist who did a bunch of Marvel characters as dogs! I think this one is perfect for Reed. I can see Ben as a Bulldog. I'm not sure what kind of dog Johnny or Sue would be.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/1586...arvel-Universe
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ha! Those are great!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Even though it drives me nuts whenever I read this comic sideways, I always thought this cover was really cool:

I wouldn't mind if comics used the landscape orientation more often. They can serve a purpose I think, depending on the story.

BTW, I found another tribute to Jack Kirby's FF #82 that I forgot about. Appropriately enough, this happens in the short lived Fantastic Four 2099.

I wouldn't mind if comics used the landscape orientation more often. They can serve a purpose I think, depending on the story.

BTW, I found another tribute to Jack Kirby's FF #82 that I forgot about. Appropriately enough, this happens in the short lived Fantastic Four 2099.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Even though it drives me nuts whenever I read this comic sideways, I always thought this cover was really cool:

That was indeed an excellent Cover and issue (to read)........I wonder will the readers be seeing those 'sideways' issues again soon......

Sue would be a very pale white Poodle. Johnny would be a fiery Chihuahua, sorry for the typecasting!

I cannot remember how the FF 2099 title ended. I never got "what" really happened.

It seemed it was implied that they were actually 'our' FF, but somehow in a time-loop thing.

Later on, it may have been that somehow they were clones or duplicates.

Can anyone explain or point me towards the scoop? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I cannot remember how the FF 2099 title ended. I never got "what" really happened.

It seemed it was implied that they were actually 'our' FF, but somehow in a time-loop thing.

Later on, it may have been that somehow they were clones or duplicates.

Can anyone explain or point me towards the scoop? Thanks.
    You have it about right. Originally they just seemed to accidentally wind up in the 2099 future timeline. But there was a final wrap up issue after the 2099: World of Tomorrow called 2099 Manifest Destiny. The story in that was that the FF that showed up in Fantastic Four 2099 were clones created by the Watcher. It's been a long time since I read that and I forgot his reasons for doing that.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

You have it about right. Originally they just seemed to accidentally wind up in the 2099 future timeline. But there was a final wrap up issue after the 2099: World of Tomorrow called 2099 Manifest Destiny. The story in that was that the FF that showed up in Fantastic Four 2099 were clones created by the Watcher. It's been a long time since I read that and I forgot his reasons for doing that.
    Ugh. That's a terrible ending.
    I've sad this series for years and never fully got thru the end.
    Was gonna read it...no real reason to now.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sue would be a very pale white Poodle. Johnny would be a fiery Chihuahua, sorry for the typecasting!
    Hmmm. I could see Wasp being a poodle. Sue seems more Golden Retriever, or .... I'm drawing a blank on dogs right now, but a more friendly dog. That artist picked a cool looking Chihuahua for Tony Stark Iron Man that was perfect. Of course, he also used pugs several times so doubling up on Chihuahuas would work too. How about a Pomeranian? All that puffed out fur could make for a good fire effect.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Sue and Johnny would be golden retrievers or toy poodles.

Emma Frost would be a normal white poodle.

Are we going to get some info on the Reed, Sue and family in Ultimates #5?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Golden Retriever using forcefields ?