Page 5 of 287 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Lyja (not Lyra; that is the future daughter of Hulk and Thundra) was sought by Veranke to infiltrate the FF. She enter the Baxter Building posing as a tourist, changed into Sue to gain access to the FF HQ (while Sue was incapacitated by the Skrulls), opened the portal to the Negative Zone, and reunited with Johnny to whom she confessed Veranke's plans. she ultimately decided to stay in the N-Zone to "find her true self". After that she appeared as one of several superheroines collected… er, preemptively rescued by the Collector from cosmic entity Enmity's superheroine-assassinating agent Unum in She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision, a group that included Sue, She-Hulk, and fellow Skrull Jazinda.
    Oops. Sorry for the typo.

And yes! I was thinking she ended up in the Negative Zone, but then I didn't understand why she and Johnny didn't meet up again when he became ruler. So, the Collector grabbed her before that? I haven't read that She Hulk book.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    And yes! I was thinking she ended up in the Negative Zone, but then I didn't understand why she and Johnny didn't meet up again when he became ruler. So, the Collector grabbed her before that? I haven't read that She Hulk book.
    And he presumably returned her there. I think (and hope) Johnny mentioning her is foreshadowing a reunion when they go to the N Zone to restore his powers.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I love the Fantastic Four so much. A friend of mine was saying that no one cared about the "out-dated" comic series. This series was the first comic series I really got into. I recently found the "44 years of the Fantastic Four" disk at my local junk store for 5 dollars! Since I was 10 Sue has always been one of my favorite comic book characters. Sorry for the randomness, I just needed to express my love for Fantastic Four.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by plan B View Post
    I love the Fantastic Four so much. A friend of mine was saying that no one cared about the "out-dated" comic series. This series was the first comic series I really got into. I recently found the "44 years of the Fantastic Four" disk at my local junk store for 5 dollars! Since I was 10 Sue has always been one of my favorite comic book characters. Sorry for the randomness, I just needed to express my love for Fantastic Four.
    All love for Marvels first family is welcome.
    Makes me happy to see others feel so strongly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And he presumably returned her there. I think (and hope) Johnny mentioning her is foreshadowing a reunion when they go to the N Zone to restore his powers.
    I hope so too. I was hoping Hickman was going to touch on that, but he didn't, AFAIK.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    What Alvarez said! Welcome to the thread and don't pay attention to what your friend says about the FF! It's still the World's Greatest Comic!

That's a great deal on 44 Years of the FF! I've been hunting a similar disc that has the Silver Surfer stories on it also, but it's been a bit pricey. I've been thinking, when Miss Fantastic comes back we should do a From the Beginning thread and group read the entire FF run. With that disc, you'd be a great contributor / participant.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

What Alvarez said! Welcome to the thread and don't pay attention to what your friend says about the FF! It's still the World's Greatest Comic!

That's a great deal on 44 Years of the FF! I've been hunting a similar disc that has the Silver Surfer stories on it also, but it's been a bit pricey. I've been thinking, when Miss Fantastic comes back we should do a From the Beginning thread and group read the entire FF run. With that disc, you'd be a great contributor / participant.
    I would be happy to do this as well

BANNED

That's a great deal on 44 Years of the FF! I've been hunting a similar disc that has the Silver Surfer stories on it also, but it's been a bit pricey. I've been thinking, when Miss Fantastic comes back we should do a From the Beginning thread and group read the entire FF run.
    I am SO DOWN!
    That would rule so hard!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I would be happy to do this as well
    I am SO DOWN!
    That would rule so hard!
    Awesome! I think we only have one more day of access to the old forums, so hopefully I can start it up this week. I'll see if I can touch base with Miss Fantastic.

Dig out your copies / trades of Stan and Jack's Fantastic Four!

That's right! I'm back and the magic has never at all died! And as of yesterday, *does her best dude within the link* look what I found!

All these years later, I still say what's really going on in that cover is the crown is actually an Atlantean high-tech TV antenna that supposed to pick up all land dweller TV stations, but all Namor can pull up is channel four. But then again, maybe that would have been what Namor really wanted at the time...

BTW, I'm alright with a group read deal...but be warned that as somewhat busy as I can be at times, I may not be the most in-depth with my thoughts about the issues. And also, my enthusiasm may wane a bit for certain runs...to rattle off examples: a great deal of the post Lee/Kirby and pre-Wein/Wolfman issues (there is a very unfortunate reason as to why the FF and their title struggled in sales during the early-mid 70's), a significant chunk of the post-Byrne fare (and I mean significant...I don't know if I have any other favorite post-Byrne Volume One issue outside of FF #352 and FF #358 (and that's really because of the 30th Anniversary extras/goodies A LOT more than anything else), and as much as I hate to say it, almost everything post-Lobdell/Davis, especially with the conception and eventual uber-utilization of Franklin and ESPECIALLY a certain someone I like to call Maleria or Val-Ware. Yes, and I'm dutifully sorry if it rubs people the wrong way, but in all twenty years of my Fantastic Four 'Fantasticism', I've always been as big and bad, and at times insufferable, a Core Four purist as they come, and to the point where if I don't feel like my much beloved Fantastics were/are handled with the correct justice, it's honestly all I can do to remotely enjoy the run at hand. IMO, the last truly and thoroughly GREAT FF story published was and still is FF Special #1 alias "My Dinner With Doom". If any of you haven't read it yet, I thoroughly recommend it as not just a FF advocate, but also one who considers Reed vs. Doom the utmost best Marvel Universe rivalry.
    Last edited by Maven; 05-14-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Tidying.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Hi folks, looking for recommendations from those who've read some really weird FF comics. Spring con is coming up this weekend in St. Paul - and I would like to read some more FF mini series/one shot/limited what have you's that are on the bizarre side. I especially like when you get indie creators coming in to muck up in the Marvel Universe (I LOVED those Strange Tales that came out 3 or so years ago). I'm going to keep an eye out for that FF/Iron Man Big In Japan with art by Seth Fisher.

Anything else like that you can recommend?

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Spoilers for issue #4

Who do you guys think is behind the new Wrecking Crew? I'm trying to remember somebody super smart who has a particular bone to pick with the FF. The only person I could think of was the Mad Thinker, but this doesn't seem like his type of game. Bentley tells Reed whoever it is is smarter than BOTH of them? Does anyone know what happened to the Ultimate Reed Richards? That would be a fun twist.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    Spoilers for issue #4

Who do you guys think is behind the new Wrecking Crew? I'm trying to remember somebody super smart who has a particular bone to pick with the FF. The only person I could think of was the Mad Thinker, but this doesn't seem like his type of game. Bentley tells Reed whoever it is is smarter than BOTH of them? Does anyone know what happened to the Ultimate Reed Richards? That would be a fun twist.
    Knowing James Robinson the person behind everything may well be someone obscure who hasn't appeared for years if not decades. He's really into old, classic characters.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Well then, in that case...come on Miracle Man!

That's a great deal on 44 Years of the FF! I've been hunting a similar disc that has the Silver Surfer stories on it also, but it's been a bit pricey.
    Amen to every last bit of the bold...at the end of the day, love the FF with all of your heart, remember that...

...and to simply gigglesnort at them as you carry on with your Fantastic enlightenment, fellow grasshoppers.

Plan B, did you get your 44 Years disc at Tuesday Morning? That's where I got mine back in 2011, and for $5 too! Sheer, unadulterated awesomeness that is. Now if they can put all of the FF's limiteds, one-shots, and outside-of-their-series appearances on a disc, and then I finally wouldn't have the constant threat of needing to get a new scanner looming over my head. May have to bite the bullet and get a Marvel Unlimited year-long subscription for my birthday or holiday gift to myself much later this year.

BTW, a belated Happy Birthday! to Marv Wolfman, who turned 68 yesterday, and did what I consider to be one of THE BEST multi-issue FF epics EVER, which culminated with the GREATEST Reed/Doom battle royale EVER.

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven