Page 52 of 287 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

One day I should ask my brother, who keeps all the old issues we had as kids, if he could make a scan of that comic to see what shape it is in. He bagged and boarded the collection years ago after rescuing them from my parents basement and taking them with him. I have a few reader copies I bought over the years like FF annual #2 . It was from one of the first comic shops in our area and I thought $5.00 was a lot for a back issue since comics still cost around 50 cents at the time I think. But I wouldn't call it a grade 9 or 10.

I have all of the Lee/Kirby run in Masterworks and it's great to pull one of those off the bookshelf instead of searching through a box. I think the example of FF#39's cover shows how much better they have become over the years at doing the coloring of the original art for the digital world.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    One day I should ask my brother, who keeps all the old issues we had as kids, if he could make a scan of that comic to see what shape it is in. He bagged and boarded the collection years ago after rescuing them from my parents basement and taking them with him. I have a few reader copies I bought over the years like FF annual #2 . It was from one of the first comic shops in our area and I thought $5.00 was a lot for a back issue since comics still cost around 50 cents at the time I think. But I wouldn't call it a grade 9 or 10.

I have all of the Lee/Kirby run in Masterworks and it's great to pull one of those off the bookshelf instead of searching through a box. I think the example of FF#39's cover shows how much better they have become over the years at doing the coloring of the original art for the digital world.
    I remember when I was younger and I had a chance to buy Wolverine's first appearance in Hulk 181, but it was like $75 at the time and of course I thought "I'd love to have it, but that's too much money for a comic". Stupid me. Now, I wish I had bought that issue and many more of them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Happy Birthday Arthur "Art" Adams!!!

Fantastic Fours (yes, plural)
    http://www.twomorrows.com/comicbookartist/articles/17adams.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnV_6YGsSws

He first broke into the American comic book industry with the 1985 Marvel Comics miniseries Longshot. His comics work includes a number Marvel's major books, including The Uncanny X-Men, Excalibur, X-Factor, The New Mutants, Fantastic Four, Hulk and Ultimate X, as well books by various other publishers, such as Action Comics, Vampirella, The Rocketeer, The Authority, Godzilla, The Creature from the Black Lagoon and Gumby, the latter of which garnered him a 1988 Eisner Award for Best Single Issue. In 1994, Adams joined a group of creators that included Frank Miller, John Byrne and Mike Mignola to form Legend, an imprint of creator-owned comics published by Dark Horse Comics, through which Adams published Monkeyman and O'Brien, a science fiction adventure series featuring archetypal sci-fi monsters that Adams wrote and illustrated.
    Art often pencils stories for short storylines, one-shots, miniseries or contributions to anthologies, such as his 2002 - 2004 work on "Jonni Future", a pulp science fiction series he co-created with Steve Moore for the Wildstorm Productions anthology Tom Strong's Terrific Tales, and his 2008 work on Hulk #7 - 9. His other published work consists of cover work for books such as Avengers Classic, Wonder Woman and JLA, as well as pinups and other spot illustrations for books such as Sin City, The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and his own published sketchbook series, Arthur Adams Sketchbook. He has also done design work for toys and video games. Art Adams' influence on today's comic book artists can be seen in many of the industries top talents.

I always loved his artwork
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Me too. One of the only variants I ever bought was an Art Adams Fantastic Four from Hickman's run. I also bought the poster version at C2E2 a couple of years ago from the colorist Paul Mounts, who is one of the unsung "heroes" of the Fantastic Four. I will have find that when I get home.
    Mounts was listed as colorist for quite a few issues. I will have to check into that to see just how many he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too. One of the only variants I ever bought was an Art Adams Fantastic Four from Hickman's run. I also bought the poster version at C2E2 a couple of years ago from the colorist Paul Mounts, who is one of the unsung "heroes" of the Fantastic Four. I will have find that when I get home.
    Mounts was listed as colorist for quite a few issues. I will have to check into that to see just how many he did.
    Mounts got some props for his run in either 600 or 645 (I'm not sure) about his long run on FF. It's amazing how much the FF has had, dare I say, fantastic stretches from both him and Joe Sinnott.

BANNED

Default Chris rock asks j.j. Abrams to direct, rescue "fantastic four" films

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...tic-four-films

To me it will be fantastic to see J.J. Abrams pull it off given the chance To me it is classy of Chris Rock that he cares

BANNED

Thumbs up Fantastic Four Snubbed In Marvel’s Greatest Collections

BANNED

Question Producer Simon Kinberg Wants To Try The Fantastic Four Again

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Why in the world would they try again? The last movie was a total disaster. You don't keep throwing good money after bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Is Fox actually trying to actively kill them? If this ever happened, the FF could never recover.

But this trash won't get a sequel anyway. Fox needs to hurry and just sell or give back the rights to Marvel Disney.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Some claim that Fox has already caused the FF comic title to be cancelled. Perhaps Fox is intent on driving nails into the FF's coffin, so that the title stays cancelled permanently?

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Hmm... I don't know. I think all fox needs to do is
    A. Stick to the source comics story within reason
    B. Portray an accurate Doctor Doom.

Maybe mix them with the X-men universe. *shrug* they have the model for shared universe comic movies now. Just get to it.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Hmm... I don't know. I think all fox needs to do is
    A. Stick to the source comics story within reason
    B. Portray an accurate Doctor Doom.

Maybe mix them with the X-men universe. *shrug* they have the model for shared universe comic movies now. Just get to it.
    Fox can't combine their X-men with the Fantastic Four. It's two separate properties and contracts. Disney would have to change the agreement, and that's never happening...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Semi related due to the F4's connections with the World's Youngest SuperTeam........The Marvel August Solicts has revealed the news that CIVIL WAR II: CHOOSING SIDES #4 will be having the Power Pack story within said Issue.