Page 55 of 287 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday John Byrne!!!

To be honest, there are dozens and dozens of issues from John Byrne’s run on Fantastic Four worth checking out.
    After a so-so series of creators, Byrne recaptured the anything goes spirit of Lee and Kirby, making the FF more prominent than ever in the Marvel Universe.
    If you’re as rich as the ruler of Latveria, simply buy the two massive omnibuses of his entire ’80s run. http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_john_byrne/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Happy birthday John! And thanks for all of your amazing work at Marvel and DC!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

how much longer will we be without a Fantastic Four comic? i honestly thought they would be back by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    how much longer will we be without a Fantastic Four comic? i honestly thought they would be back by now.
    Unfortunately, I think it's going to be at last 1-2 years before we see them again.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

It all feels so wrong and empty without the FF

Civil war 2 is just terrible and the thing and torch are wasted on the books they're in.

Yep. It's a sad time to be an FF fan

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

They keep launching these new titles that tank. I'd have to think eventually they wil get back to a comic that was a consistent seller for them for decades.

BANNED

Solo and slapstick with titles now....

pathetic from marvel.

I believe the comic will return sooner than we think...if the prophecy comes true this Saturday and Kevin Feige drops the bomb that Marvel is either 100 percent in control of the F4 rights or at least shared custody ala Spiderman with Sony, then the comic will return to promote this incredible awesome long overdue news....

BANNED

so if they do return who do you think should write for the Fantastic Four? i was gonna say Bendis but i believe people would just have a fit over that so i was thinking have the guys behind Vision handle the return of the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    so if they do return who do you think should write for the Fantastic Four? i was gonna say Bendis but i believe people would just have a fit over that so i was thinking have the guys behind Vision handle the return of the Fantastic Four.
    I actually agree about Bendis. At least for the family & marriage aspect of the series because he does the personal stuff so well. But he's not too great at the bigger adventure/cosmic stuff so it would have to be a more personal story. Tom King is exclusive at DC now so he's not an option. Wouldn't mind if they could get Hickman or DeConnick back for it but that's extremely doubtful. Not really sure who else currently at Marvel would be right for the book except Bendis.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I actually agree about Bendis. At least for the family & marriage aspect of the series because he does the personal stuff so well. But he's not too great at the bigger adventure/cosmic stuff so it would have to be a more personal story. Tom King is exclusive at DC now so he's not an option. Wouldn't mind if they could get Hickman or DeConnick back for it but that's extremely doubtful. Not really sure who else currently at Marvel would be right for the book except Bendis.
    i think Bendis should be a Co-Writer on the personal Family and Marriage stuff while any writer can handle the whole space adventure / cosmic stuff. i believe i like Marcos Martin to return on the first half of the Fantastic Four as it fits for Bendis' style of writing and bring in guys like Steve Epting, Adam Kubert, Mark Bagley, and Stefani Caselli for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th acts.

I would not like Bendis behind the F4.

The only positive thing about it would be that Marvel Comics is pretty much Bendisverse, so if Bendis writes them, they will be at the forefront again.I would not like Bendis behind the F4.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I would not like Bendis behind the F4.

The only positive thing about it would be that Marvel Comics is pretty much Bendisverse, so if Bendis writes them, they will be at the forefront again.I would not like Bendis behind the F4.
    Bendis knows how to write the more grounded human dynamics but at times like his X-Men series has been a bit wonky.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Finally, our beloved FF is getting some publication attention… from IDW Publishing, that is.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...rtists-edition

http://community.comicbookresources....tist-s-Edition

<Sigh>
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES